Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Base Pool Tiers for 2026 (Approximate)
Highest Tier (~$8M+): Diamondbacks, Orioles, Guardians, Rockies, Royals, Pirates, Cardinals, etc..
Mid Tier (~$7.3M): Athletics, Reds, Tigers, etc..
Lower Tier (~$6.2M): Braves, Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees, Mets, Padres, Blue Jays, etc..
Reduced Pools: Teams signing QO free agents (Dodgers, Giants, Mets, Yankees) had their pools cut by $500k or $1M.According to Google AI, Cards have $8m pool. I was curious so thought I’d share for us nerds that always look at the business side.
January 12, 2026 at 10:49 am in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #299049Andujar still seems like the best option out there.
-RHed
-Can play a corner OF spot
-Projected price is around $5
-OBP is great
-Middling Power
-If producing, could be a nice 7/31/26 chip$5m/1yr with a team option for $7 or $1m b/o, I’d think that’ll “Get ‘er done”
GScott, which is 100% exactly why they should do it now.
GScott, I agree with you. But if he doesn’t finish in the top of the rookie of the year voting or he gets hurt or something of that nature, they have wasted a year.
Running a major league baseball team is a business, considering how little the amount of time he got in AAA. It would be more than reasonable for them to say they wanted to get another hundred at bats in Memphis.
If they can get an extension worked out that completely opens up a whole different conversation and everything I said is completely null and void.
Ive said multiple times I think since they’re spending basically nothing this year, JJ, Winn, Burley, Herrera and Libby should be extended right now and overly paid for 2026 and 2027. Which will save them when they’re actually competitive and they can apply that extra money to pieces that are needed at that time.Skubal asked for $32M?!? Tigers offered $19M, which might be light but $32?!? He will be 30 for next year and probably get 7/$280 at least.
GScott, love the optimism….. and if he doesn’t and gets hurt or struggles out of the gate? Then 2027 is maybe a lost season, so you get him for 4 good years only?
Hedging your bets is a no brainer on this one economically.
I’m still holding out hope for River Ryan and Morales or Sirota and a wild card for Donnie and Jojo.
That’s a fair deal for both sides. Their BP was what almost cost them (then won them) the WS in 2025.I am in full support and think it is very unwise to not trade him at this point when you have an asset like that and the two years that he’s left here will likely be a non-difference maker, why on gods green earth wouldn’t you try to maximize value? That is where the past regime severely failed.
Keep in mind when they are opening their window of contention in hopefully 2028, he will be a free agent, perhaps he will be able to be resigned and brought back. Hopefully CB is treating him respectfully and honestly to leave that door open.The extreme lack of any speculation the last week or so does have me worried that asking prices are just to extreme and teams have thrown in the towel on acquiring Donnie.
Not over Saggese, but Torres as a 26th man, a .441 OBP and .905 OPS in Memphis who can play darn near every position in a pinch would be a nice piece to at least try out for at least April (cough cough JJ is a Cardinal an extra year).
Id like to see how his .441 OBP translates, it won’t fully but high threes isn’t so bad….Thank you for those updates GScott. Lower than predicted for Lars, but $4M is a lot to pay for a rebuilding teams 6th/7th starter or middle reliever.
Fajardo behind Franklin and Padilla is laughable.
I saw that too Harmony, even a Seattle fan knows that one isn’t happening
BB,
Nolan McLean or Tong from NYM
Anderson or Sloan from Seattle
Eldridge from SF (but that puts Burly back in the OF)
KC doesn’t match upI’m still hoping for River Ryan and Morales or Sirota from the Dodgers
That was a good one Ny!
Some of the dominoes have to start falling soon, we’re close to a month away from pitchers and catchers reporting.
I’m sure most teams have plan A, Plan B and Plan C and will pivot quickly.
I don’t know much about him, he might be a very nice guy, but Bregman is a pain in the rear side of the top of my legs!
Wasn’t sure what thread to post this, but Walker’s days at 3B are officially, 100% not a chance, over?
I don’t think the BTV thing takes variables into account, but I am curious how this would look in their eyes.
Arenado and Church for Dana and Soler.
If anyone wants to put that through when they get bored later, it would be appreciated
Depending where you look, Montes is ranked higher but Arroyo is a better fit for the Cards.
2026-27 rankings prediction, Fajardo is a top 5 prospect and ahead of Clarke, behind only Doyle as a pitcher (Excluding any additions).
He throws strikes…. Is going into his 19 y/o season at possibly A+ and once again, already throws strikes. He would be going into his 1st full season in 26 if drafted last year.January 6, 2026 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #298778Bruihl has pretty decent minors numbers, and his splits vs lefties are definitely impressive.
No options left so it appears they found their #2 LHRP.
I’d still love for them to sign a little bit better guy to possibly be a good trade chip at the deadline.
It would be uncalled for and foolish for them to hold onto JoJo until July 31. The injury or decline chance is too great with a reliever to take a chance of holding him until the deadline.Thanks Brian,
Noot, Hence, Hjerpe, Roby would be great to hear good news out of.
Regarding Hjerpe and Roby, just getting low stress BP innings in Memphis at the end of the year would surely put them on the right track for a great 2027.
I don’t know what the heck to think about Hence, doubtful anyone truly does.January 6, 2026 at 12:04 pm in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #298770Thanks Pads, I’d do Pallante for that pick all day long though.
January 6, 2026 at 11:02 am in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #298767Player A -31, RH, can play COF or 3B
Projected contract – 1/5m or 2/10m
2025 – 341 PA, 10 HR, .352 OBP , 1.1 WAR
FG Projections-406,11,.324, 1.2
BR projections -402,11,.331Player B-31 Switch hitter, never played OF
PC – 1yr between 5-15m is all I could find
2025 – 392,11, .315, 1.1
FGP – 289,12, .336,1.1
BRP -349, 12, .324Thoughts? Player A is a no doubter or even both would help the 2026 team. These contracts could be huge for not rushing guys up, they aren’t trying to win the World Series, but they can surely come up with 10-15 million bucks to spend after Donovan, Jojo and Arenado are gone.
I know, but that would be one of the richest hauls for him that I’ve seen.
Two 55’s and a 50 all in the top 100 would easily put the Cards system as the consensus #1
Just saw an SI article titled “Realistic Trade Packages on Donovan trade packages”. It said Cijntje, Arroyo and Montes…. I’d do that in a heartbeat, doubtful from the Mariners side though unless the Cards sweetened it.
Harmony, Cards will need a 3B at some point, is Arroyo an option there or 2B or corner OFer likely? 50 arm, but is that a 2B 50 or a 3B 50…..
I tried building a bandwagon to trading Donnie and Jojo and maybe Noot together for a better package of two top prospects. Can we all jump on?
Donnie Jojo and Noot for River Ryan and Emil Morales is still my hope. Someone with the TV calculator thing possibly put that in? They had BP issues, so I’d thrown in O’Brien if needed.
-
AuthorPosts
