Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Other teams are travelling and practicing and playing. We have to have gone wrong somehow. Hopefully nobody ends up in the hospital or infecting family.
Any thoughts on when we might see campers showing up at Busch? I assume the roster move does not have happen before the physical move.
Thanks to Derek for the Vance Albitz interview. We need more like him. To bad he didn’t stay with the organization.
August 1, 2020 at 9:36 am in reply to: Is a Partial 2020 of Dylan Carlson Worth a Full 2027 Season? #134229We always like to think we have a Ferrari in the garage. More likely it is a Ford and we will trade it in for a new model before the warranty runs out.
August 1, 2020 at 7:46 am in reply to: Is a Partial 2020 of Dylan Carlson Worth a Full 2027 Season? #134210The odds of Carlson still being with the Cardinals when his period of control ends is remote. The same can be said of any touted prospect as proven by history. If he can help, let him help, rather that letting him sit on the shelf worrying about an unlikely scenario years from now.
I note that a hospital in Milwaukee sent people to the hotel to do rapid tests, results same day or next. I wonder how one makes that happen.
I think the MLB season is circling the drain.
Our whole outfield at the bottom of the order is kind of glaring. I wonder if it is a record.
It is smart to use this goofy season to see if any of the young outfielders can do anything for us in future. The chance to see them all out there vs big league competition is a stroke of luck. The org needs to keep it cheap this year anyway. Haven’t seen anything so far. I am not a Fowler basher, but it seems like any reps to him is a waste of opportunity.
We should be able to do just fine without any more up the middle offensive contribution that what we get from dejong and wong. If we need more than catch and throw from CF, the corner guys are the problem.
No arm maybe. I don’t know much about him.
High lazy one to not very deep center. Can’t believe Thomas didn’t circle it and go for the plate. Sand lot play.
It reminded me of watching a Marlins game.
There is nothing behind them.
Normally, an all righty rotation would be an issue worthy of more discussion. On the other hand, there is no need to talk about how many lefties to carry in the pen. But I do understand we are really talking about who in on the roster and who isn’t. Roles will sort out soon enough.
Even if the BJs play nearby in Buffalo I wouldn’t think the players with homes in Toronto could just go home after the games.
Thanks Brian. The possible/probable lack of a gate is exactly what I meant. Assuming there is something to share out, the abnormal rosters and coming and going could mean customary practices may not fit. Just wondering.
Assuming we make it that far, how are post season payouts to teams determined, and any idea how a team might handle individual shares?
The way it seems to go these days is a guy who can throw 100 blows out his arm before he learns how to get guys out without throwing 100, so you go on to the next guy who can throw 100. Rinse and repeat. Going forward, with a slimmed down draft and minor league system, it may no longer be possible to keep coming up with enough fresh pitching to feed into the grinder. Something will have to give. Maybe more Millers. Maybe more Webb type guys who have kept their arm together long enough to hopefully learn how to pitch with what they’ve got. More international teenagers. We will see.
I haven’t noticed Tyler Webb’s name come up, unless I overlooked it. I assume he is somewhere doing something.
The subject came up at work today where we are not allowed to display political type messages. A guy said if you are in a privileged enough situation to be able to do it while others can’t, doesn’t that make you an example of the problem. I wasn’t sure what to say. These are strange times.
With the news that away games will be handled remotely from St. Louis by cards broadcasters, it seems reasonable to expect that they will not be the only press expected to do remote pre and post game interviews.
I see where several MLB teams are going to have some cardboard cutouts of fans and who knows what. The above is a Korean League game. I can’t wait.
The Cubs and Reds is half the Division. Doesn’t seem especially advantageous.
-
AuthorPosts
