blingboy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 14,386 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Springfield Cardinals rebranding #320654
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Everything else is new, they just haven’t gotten around to the mascots yet.

    in reply to: Springfield Cardinals rebranding #320628
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I can’t wait to their mascot.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320621
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    #3 Doyle

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320600
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    After my top 10 i have players in groups of 5. Within a group, i don’t worry about who is ahead of who and the order i vote can be influeced by commentary and who is getting votes. I don’t like to move guys to a different group.

    in reply to: Springfield Cardinals rebranding #320570
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Seems like Ozark Cardinals would have been better.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320488
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nigel I noticed you didn’t say a single word about anybody’s defense. I think we can count Baez as a liability since he was routinely pulled late for a defensive replacement. Whether he will improve like Walker did, i don’t know. I’m guessing his makeup is different. I give Rainiel the benefit of the doubt since i haven’t seen him behind the plate. And besides, i’m too old to step in front of that hype train.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320479
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Doyle and Franklin both should be lined up to push for 30 starts and 150 innings. Hjerpe likely will be behind that pace due to building back up. We will find out who can handle the work load.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320404
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I had dropped Mathews down for the same reason some/many/most prospect rankers moved him down. Pitchers with shoulder trouble tend to keep having shoulder trouble. Their results tend to be uneven, trending worse over time. Mathews looked like he was going down that path. I moved him down right away, since that is what usually happens with bum shoulders. Others waited until his results proved uneven and then moved him down.

    He might still end up there, but this year he made 30 starts, going 150 innings with solid ERA and K rate, and improving BB rate. Results trump everything else.

    I also could not find anyone I was sold on enough to put ahead of Mathews. Bernal, to me, looks very immobile behind the plate, and I think there is significant risk his defense will be exposed over the course of a full ML season. I could have gone with Doyle at #2. I have him next, but he made 23 starts in AA while Mathews made 30 in AAA and ML, and both put up similar numbers.

    • This reply was modified 1 day, 22 hours ago by blingboy.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 22 hours ago by blingboy.
    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320378
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Mathews #2

    I wish I knew if Hjerpe was going to become consistently as effective as his first appearance. Control was perfect, but he didn’t repeat that. I wish I knew how the low slot was going to play once guys have seen him. He could be top 5 or not in the top 10.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320342
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The idea is not to name all the worthy ones, but to identify the 50 best.

    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Yes, I am having just as much trouble with my prospect list. I took a look at the cardinals.mlb site to see what their top 30 list looked like and was befuddled. Frias at #5? Really. Last year’s ace of the future, Mathews, is down sitting next to Clarke who can’t lace up without ending up in the hospital. Kuhns? Ragsdale? Is the new PTBNL really top 30? I took a wrong turn somewhere and am out in the weeds.

    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’ve been thinking about this for a couple days since CC created the thread. I decided I don’t know who has the best chance or is most likely. There are no slam dunks, but a long list of solid possibles. I think that is the key point, the long list. Lots of guys to jockey and get tried out during the course of the season. And there will be new names coming up or possibly acquired as well. And then there are guys we’ve seen, a Dobbins or a Fitts for example, who could have a solid year, or half year and then somebody else steps in. I see it as that kind of year. Similar to 2026 except a deeper talent pool.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320161
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I will also go with RR.

    The positive is he hits AA pitching good even though he is only 19. On the other side it is not obvious he can stick at catcher, so there is DH/1B risk, and he is undersized.

    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I like Brandon Christopher Clarke

    Well, he’s getting his arm operated on again instead of going to AFL. A “minor procedure”. Supposed to work out at the Jupiter complex this winter.

    in reply to: 2026 Arizona Fall League #320097
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Hjerpe’s multi year shut down began with loose bodies, but Clarke’s situation has a wrinkle. He has had so much surgery that it seems possible the loose body could be some debris or scar tissue from a past procedure. We should hope so, because there is no structure in a pitching arm that just spontaneously sheds pieces when healthy and uninjured. The bottom line is he has never been able to stay healthy from high school until now, but we can wish him well and hope for the best.

    in reply to: International Signings #320031
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    it is opportunity lost forever.

    Like when you drive past a place selling lottery tickets and decide to keep your money in your pocket.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #319992
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Go ChiSox

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #319990
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I imagine the FO hopes 40 HR hitting Jesus Baez will be ready for a ML look some time later next season. It sounds like they are thinking 3B, which is a logical spot for him. They aren’t going to block it.

    At Memphis or Springfield we have Doyle, Cijntje, Franklin, Hjerpe and there is also Dobbins, Fitts, Roby and Fajardo. Guys to compete this spring and guys ready to filter up later. We should have better rotation depth and more guys to try in the pen. I doubt they will sign a substantial starter.

    Outfield is the soft spot, especially CF. But Baez is unproven and Walker was getting sideways all second half and not doing anything about it. We could use outside help there and a couple pen guys who might have good years but could easily be let go. Who they might trade off the roster or from the system depends on the value of whoever they are targeting. I think they will approach it that way rather than what can we get for this guy or that guy.

    • This reply was modified 6 days, 22 hours ago by blingboy.
    in reply to: Wednesdays With Walton podcasts #319953
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    our upcoming 2027 TCN Community rankings (beginning next week)

    E-gad, i haven’t even started.

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #319947
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Right or wrong, I see the Cardinals trying to develop their own top of rotation guy rather than singing a free agent.

    I think BDW figured out buying guys only works if he is willing to eat a contract that isn’t working. Which he’s not.

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #319882
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    We have a lot of top 100 prospects.

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #319860
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    If the Cards had split, Milwaukee would only be a 98-win team!

    And the Cardinals would be 82-82.

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #319839
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It sounds like he doesn’t want to get anyone’s hopes up for next year.

    I know that system development continues to be the objective, but I hope that 26 games behind is not going to be considered an acceptable result next year.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix thread 2 #319837
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Hampton missed 2024 with a flexor strain, then had TJ and missed 2025. Hmmm, why does that sound familiar?

    in reply to: Make your BOLD predictions for the 2026 Cardinals HERE!!! #319836
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Bling – By WRC+, which is probably the best way to measure, Cardinals were 15th in DH production.

    Ah, so I was half right. Thanks.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 14,386 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years