Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I’ve decided to head for the exit this season. Best wishes all.
Thanks to Derek and the others who help Brian out with TCN. Now I have to add Joplin Globe to my favorites list. Break a leg.
August 16, 2020 at 8:17 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #8 – Sun., August 16 at White Sox #135510If Ramirez got claimed, would he necessarily be gone for good?
They are all piling on a plane. If one then tests positive in the next couple days, what happens?
August 16, 2020 at 3:03 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #8 – Sun., August 16 at White Sox #135461Nog was even more out than Fowler.
August 16, 2020 at 2:49 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #8 – Sun., August 16 at White Sox #1354484 in a row is enough. jeesh.
Reading the Heyman tweet is worrisome. I hope the variable incubation period lesson has been learned.
Minimizing expenses this year must be high on the priority list. Payroll for 15 minor league guys and whatever other expenses doesn’t seem like it would be very significant, but it would be more cash out of pocket.
I do have a sense that it needs to be thought about in terms of how a pipeline is going to work going forward, with fewer draftees and fewer berths at the low end of the system. We might be looking at a version of the new normal, with expendable AAAA types playing a larger role filling in around a less robust pipeline.
More than two I guess. I am not in a position to guess how organizations feel about the need to use top prospects rather than expendable AAAA types as fill ins.
I am not sure I understand why it would take too long, especially since it would not need to be in place until the affected teams were ready to put their recovered sick cases back on the 40 man roster, so there would be a couple weeks of lead time built in.
It seems like it would be viewed by some as bailing out the Cardinals, which may not get a lot of traction.
Realistically, the rest of the organizations are not going to do something just because the Cardinals are in a bind now and they might conceivably get in one themselves at some point. If a few others get hit by a sufficiently numerous wave of positives, then it gets realistic. But I think it likely all of teams have a good idea of the protocol necessary to avoid a Cardinal like mass infection, or more to the point, they think that they do.
August 15, 2020 at 6:08 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #7 – Sat. Aug 15 at White Sox (DH G2) #13535051 to go I believe. Nice start, now run the table.
August 14, 2020 at 8:08 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #6 – Sat. Aug 15 at White Sox (DH G1) #135196Mr. Carlson will have quite the story to tell about breaking in. Be nice if it involved a tater.
August 14, 2020 at 6:09 pm in reply to: 2020 Cardinals Game #6 – Sat. Aug 15 at White Sox (DH G1) #135191Here is the expected Dan Ryan protest march route per NBC affiliate in Chicago.
– Westbound on 47th St to the Dan Ryan Expressway onto the Dan Ryan via the ramp
– Marchers will then proceed northbound to the 43rd St exit ramp and walk eastbound on 43rd to Indiana, North on Indiana to 31st St
– West on 31st St to Michigan Avenue
– North on Michigan Ave to Roosevelt Rd (Grant Park)If it goes that way, the marchers should be on the other side of the Interstate from Comiskey.
Mud I think just the opposite. 29 teams out of 30 is convincing evidence that introduction and spread can be controlled with known protocol.
If you read the Order, it has nothing to do with the time since a positive test. It is 14 days from exiting one of the named states, Missouri being one. I didn’t say I thought it would be applied to the Cardinals entourage, but I do think that if I was to follow along in my car, I would be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
The Chicago Department of Public Health has in effect an Emergency Travel Order requiring travelers coming from certain states, including Missouri, to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Chicago.
https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
The Cardinals somehow opt out of all that health department bother fastbreak. The sick person is supposed to call the contacts and go over quarantine protocol. I think we are to accept that he made the rest of his contact tracing calls, as did the other 16 sick people.
Cleveland doesn’t seem to be as closely knit as the other 29 teams.
Brian, the news about somebody going to the hair salon means there was more than one honest mistake. The fact that the contact tracers didn’t contact that person means the contact tracing did not work in that case. If the hairdresser had tested positive the next day the organization would have had no knowledge of it. None of that jives with what we were told.
The fact is the reported incident is not compatible with what either Mo or Waino said yesterday. That reality cannot be talked around nor should it be.
Maybe someone could ask Waino why nobody bothered to inform the stylist back whenever the whole team would have know about the contact, they being all tight knit. That is what contact tracing is all about and the org has been very diligent about it, except in this one isolated case I guess. And ask Mo why he would refer to a hair salon stylist as a ‘known associate’. Or was he talking about a different honest mistake. There is only supposed to have been one.
The narrative didn’t even last one day. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.
I do not suggest a cover up, only that it should be taken with a grain of salt. Adam said what he said because he is a leader and a stand up guy. There are some, many?, among the 17 he barely knows. But it is his role to express confidence in them.
It is very Adam-like to step up and defend his teammates. Even the ones he barely knows.
On the bright side, we will have more guys with antibodies than anyone else.
-
AuthorPosts
