Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
26. Gingery
27. Morales
28. D. Perez
29. Sosa
30. Capel21. Max Schrock – The 23 year old had an off year his first taste of AAA, but his babip fell to .260 after averaging in the .350 range and never being below .329 so you would think he’s going to bounce back a bunch next year. The guy only struck out 7.9% of the time and his K percentage has been under 10% every year he’s been a pro! When he came to the organization from Oakland in the Piscotty trade he was coming off a .321/.379/.422 2017 season with RC+ of 128 at AA. Toss in there he can play multiple positions (2B, 3B, OF) and he could be a very interesting utility guy in 2019. Let’s not sleep on this guy based off one year after a trade, promotion, and maybe some bad luck.
22. Williams
23. Gingery
24. Mendoza
25. Morales – Seems like he could be on the path to contributing in the bullpen soon.16. Garcia
17. Woodford
18. Baker
19. Schrock
20. Edman11. Woodford
12. Roberts
13. Adolis Garcia
14. Baker
15. SchrockKelly at 6
I like defense first for catching which gives him the tiebreaker over Knizner for me. Bat could still develop later as it did with Yadi.
Sorry for being late to the party, I’ll go with Kelly here at #5, but at this point him and Knizner are about at the same spot for me.
I’m out too Pads
56. Morales
57. McKinney
58. Nielsen
59. D. Gonzalez
60. Summerville51. Morales
52. Nielsen
53. McKinney
54. Shew
55. D. Gonzalez46. Morales
47. Mayers
48. Lucas
49. Wick
50. Trey Nielsen – What happened to him? 1.65 ERA at Memphis, was sent back to Springfield, gave up 5 runs in a 7/31 outing and didn’t pitch after that. Injury of sorts I presume?CC, you make a good point and something I’ve wrestled with too on the borderline call up guys. On the other hand, doesn’t the call up mean something as well? I think it shows the organization believes these guys have shown enough to get a chance at the majors and so they’re prospects they believe in and want to invest those limited opportunities of ABs and IPs. The fact that Wisdom wasn’t called up (especially when there was a need for depth at 3B after Gyorko was injured) almost caused me to leave him off my list entirely. The rumor of an addition to the 40 man saved him as a prospect for me.
I’ll keep going maybe to 60. After that I think you’re getting to some really long shots to ever sniff the majors.
41. Sherriff – I’d like to highlight that against the 26 MLB lefties he face he held them to an .080/.115/080 line with 7 Ks no walks and only 2 hits.
42. Valera – MLB utility guy, worthy of a top 50 spot
43. Wisdom – I agree that with his 40 man addition he’ll likely see the majors next year. Good glove and pop.
44. Morales – I’m hoping that the move to the pen will help Morales fulfill some potential from his 2nd Rd selection. AA looked good with a 3.13 ERA and 11 K/9, hopefully he can refine the control some more and keep progressing. Still not that old at 24.
45. Mayers – I thought he’s had a solid minor league career, had a look at the majors, and hopefully will get a little bit better to hold down a role with the big league team.
36. Pearce – he’s just going to keep producing results and one day we’ll see him in the bigs
37. Sherriff – Already had a look and will have an opportunity to earn a role in the pen
38. Valera – On the path for an MLB bench spot. May never be a huge impact player but the utility infielder has value and we’re getting later into the rankings.
39. Hurst – Mixing in a higher draft pick that had some success
40. Je Martinez – touched AAA in just his second season. Organization likes what he does behind the plate31. Pearce
32. Poncedeleon
33. O’Reilly
34. Ynfante
35. Sherriff26. Seferina
27. Pearce
28. Poncedeleon
29. Edman
30. Sherriff – I’m at the point in my list where I bounce between young long shots and guys that are right there but ceiling is on the lower end. I hate missing guys that end up contributing at the major league level and Sherriff seems he’ll be able to continue in the majors in some capacity next year.21 – Seferina
22 – Seijas
23 – Machado
24 – Pearce
25 – Poncedeleon16 – Perez
17 – Woodford
18 – Seferina (still like the triples!)
19 – Junior Fernandez
20 – SeijasThanks for waiting!
11. Perez
12. Helsley
13. Arozarena
14. Hicks
15. WoodfordPads, glad you mentioned Perez as I have him next up on my list. I usually slant my rankings to guys closer to the majors but I’m going with Perez here as he’s a talent that the Cards typically don’t have the opportunity to draft due to all the winning seasons leaving us at the back half of the draft. Perez was a top 10 draft pick (some thought top 5) prior to his issue with PEDs, the Cardinals haven’t had someone of that caliber since JD Drew.
Defensively everything I’ve heard is that he’ll be a plus MLB glove at SS. The bat is the thing that needs to come around. However the kid is still only 18 and is listed at 6′ 3” and 175 lbs. He has a lot of time to work on that hit tool for a plus defender.
6: D. Perez
7: Sierra
8: Alcantarra
9: Hudson
10: Gomber – 140 Ks in 143 IP at AA, got to love that, 3.34 ERA and 1.17 WHIPBader at #5
Bader at #4
-
AuthorPosts
