Minor League Game thread – 2026 Week 25

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › Minor League Game thread – 2026 Week 25

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #318511
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    #318595
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

    Free

    Springfield has 3OF with 900+ OPS. 2of them just 21 years old.

    #318608
    Cardinals27
    Participant

    Free

    Doyle injured. I hope he can pitch in Texas League playoffs. He was pitching his best so far.

    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Cardinals27.
    #318612
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    #318648
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    #318651
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Great throws by Rainiel in that report. He’s really doing some good work on all sides, it seems. It’ll be exciting to watch him next year, as he’ll presumably be at Memphis with a chance to make a big league debut at 20.

    And Franklin continues to impress at AA. He and Doyle are a good starting pair, and I would assume they’ll have their choice between Eagen, Fajardo, Davis and Aita for the 3rd rotation spot in the 3 game playoff. I’d probably go with that order of preference and I expect Eagen may get the call as he has been dependable since coming over. With Lin on board as well, they’ve got a lot of guys capable of covering innings.

    #318658
    AlbertTheMachine
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I would go with Fajardo for the 3rd spot. But I also would have an easier decision there as I would be promoting Eagen to AAA for the remainder of the season and to be their 3rd playoff SP.

    #318662
    stlcard25
    Participant

    MiLB.com has Fajardo as the starter on Sunday. It’s possible they would change it up, though.

    #318704
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    One guy who doesn’t get talked about hardly at all who is having an amazing season is Jack Gurevitch. He’s played at 3 levels this season and been successful at all 3. I saw a post yesterday that he is the first minor leaguer since the draft began to hit over 30 home runs in his first full season (he eclipsed that tonight as he’s now hit another). He does strike out way too much. But this guy is an amazing hitter otherwise who deserves more recognition.

    #318718
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Player of the Day!

    #318761
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

    Free

    Molina. 4 games. 19 IP. 0 runs. 31K. 6BB. 12H

    #318777
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Aita is starting for Springfield on Sunday.

    #318778
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Brian, I hope you created a shortcut key for “Raniel Rodriguez” this season given the number of times you’ve had to type his name somewhere in the list of players of the day!

    #318780
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I saw that Brandon Clarke had a dominant first start in AA. If he can keep it all together, he would be a weapon.

    #318785
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Doyle injured. I

    Blister

    #318827
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    #318836
    stlcard25
    Participant

    I noticed that Fajardo wasn’t used yesterday. With Doyle’s blister, maybe Yhoiker will get the start this week? Should be a fun series with Tulsa. Beat those Dodger dandies!

    #318841
    gscottar
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The Dodgers recently recalled Josue De Paula from Tulsa to the big league club when they put Ohtani on the IL. I would think that will weaken the Drillers and help Springfield.

    #318845
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    #318980
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

    Free

    No Ortiz in Springfield’s playoff game. Injured?

    #318982
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Yes, Ortiz was placed on the IL today.

    #318986
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Baez just hit a walkoff home run for Springfield!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years