Wednesdays With Walton podcasts

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Wednesdays With Walton podcasts

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 454 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Extended talks with Gibson, Willie, Hernandez and others, with more coming.

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pleased that I will be a regular contributor, discussing what else – the minors!

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

VERY cool Minor League podcast, Brian!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you. Probably a decade ago, Dustin Mattison proposed a podcast for the site. I wished he had the time to do it, but it didn’t happen and I have mostly done radio spots since. But most of them have been about the majors. In this case, Dan wants to focus on our sweet spot – the minors! It looks like we will start out at twice each week and see how it goes.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Congrats Brian. I can’t imagine anyone knowing more about our minor league system than you, with D. Shore a close second.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great addition. Clearly a new insight to the board. Thank you.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great job Brian. You have clearly gained the reputation as a minor league expert at the highest levels of the Cardinal organization. Hope it leads to great things for you.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you, Sooner. Dan said he is delighted with the number of hits he is getting on the minor league podcasts. He is extremely interested in the topic personally.

It hasn’t yet led to subscriptions here, but that may take time. Hopefully new people will discover us and try it out. It is the only source of revenue since I decided to run the new site ad-free. As an aside, I guess it is not really new any more. Three weeks away from a one-year anniversary.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I missed posting Tuesday’s link, but here is today’s.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just listened to that one while I’m out on a hike, Brian!!

Dan seemed to forget what you said about Delvin Perez. Still..I enjoy hearing what you have to offer and hope the podcast brings a few more folks here!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Today is draft signing status, a peek into our subscriber article on ranking the top draftees into the prospect list, PCL All-Star race and Monday’s starter.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I was listening to Danny on Goold’s podcast yesterday and you got a bit of a shout out. He didn’t say The Cardinal Nation but did mention you and your site and the minor league stuffm

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, thanks. Dan is very appreciative and hopeful that his podcasts benefit this site, as well. Too early to see results, but I enjoy talking about the minors no matter what.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In case anyone missed it, here is the video of Bob Costas’ interview during the rain delay Tuesday night.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Funny thing about minor leaguers.
    Just about write them off at one point and then be happy to cheer for their resurgence as they come around again.

Voit? O’Neill? Kelly? Schrock? Mercado? Sosa? Mejia?
    Ravelo? Knizner? Arozarena? A. Garcia? Who knows who will emerge to help the big club some day.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 454 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years