Jedi34

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: StL 2024 Game #72 thread – Sunday, June 16 at Cubs #256482
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    How many more Roku/Apple TV/Peacock/Dog Tv games do we have left? You’d think that these streaming platforms would pick better teams than our barely treading water Redbirds.

    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    A couple things… The lineup today featured 3 guys with current batting averages lower than Waino’s .192 lifetime average, pretty sad
    Also doe anyone know the announced attendance at Busch for today? The UFL Battlehawks had an announced attendance of 31,700 today. I live across the river on Springfield. So I have no idea. But is there any buzz for the minor league football team down there? I’ve been a Cardinal fan for 53 years. But I watched more of the Battlehawk game today than our hapless birds. They are so depressing
    It just seems like wash rinse, and repeat from last year

    in reply to: Will 4/28 game with Dodgers be on Bally? #217540
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    Thanks for the information and the kind wishes. Hopefully, I’ll be pretty well medicated, and snoozing by game time.

    I appreciate the kindness and the lack of cattiness on this forum. I seldom post, but I always enjoy reading other’s posts.q

    in reply to: New MLB Rules Changes #215377
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    I really like the changes. But, i have to admit as I’ve gotten older, my attention span has been reduced tremendously. The shorter games and what i feel is a faster pace are much more enjoyable to me. I even found myself getting impatient with the Jays innumerable pitching changes, but that’s more a reflection on me than the game. Admittedly, when i used to go to games with friends, the pace and length of games didn’t bother me because we could break down what was happening in the lulls in the action.

    in reply to: 2023 Spring training game thread #213764
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    Excited to see Walker in the lineup. I realize the young man is probably being overhyped, but him being in the lineup ramps up my interest just a little.

    On an unrelated note, hope ESPN doesn’t parade a guest voice into every half inning. I don’t think they provide a lot of value, and they really distract from what’s happening on the field. One or two updates from “the cat” on Bally are plenty for me.

    Sorry if that sounds like the old guy “Get off my lawn take.”

    in reply to: 2023 Spring training game thread #213220
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    It felt strange to me, not having Danny Mac calling the game. At the time he was let go, I strongly agreed. Now, after reading his thoughtful piece detailing his depression, and remorse, I still think parting ways with him was probably the right thing to do, but I’m not as adamant. I will miss him doing the games.

    I’m sure Chip Caray will be fine, and he was okay today, but it’s going to take me a while to get used to him.

    Regarding the game, I was excited to see the short glimpse of Walker. I liked what I saw of Woodford, and agree that Marmol probably overreacted about the handshake and comes off as petulant. Hope it doesn’t have negative repercussions with the men in blue.

    in reply to: Conservatism #212998
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    It simply deleted the text of the link that I had in the middle my post… Sorry, still a newbie here, guess you’ll have to trust me or hunt it down. 🙁

    in reply to: Conservatism #212997
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    Regarding the varying sources of a team’s income… I just read an informative article on Five thirty eight.com, about Bally sports financial problems. It has a breakdown of the sources of MLB total revenues for 2019. Here is a link

    I’m not sure if this will post it as a link, but I copied the above text as a link.

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #212961
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    I feel like a grade A moron. I just reread the Leone tweet. The RANGERS signed him. I’m glad to see him gone but wish him the best. D’oh!

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #212960
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    I was really hoping I had seen the last of Leone. I’ve developed a near irrational dislike for him and his unique ability to blow leads or turn close games into unwinnable messes.

    in reply to: MLB.TV for 2023 #212869
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    That must stink for them. I’m lucky that I’m just blacked out for the Redbirds, Cubs and Sox, and my provider carries (at least for now) all of their networks. Though the only reason I check on the Cubbies is to hope they’re getting a beating. 🙂

    in reply to: MLB.TV for 2023 #212824
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    I had MLB Extra innings for free last year from DirecTV, They had a free preview, for some reason, I wasn’t seeing it, I called, they couldn’t figure out the issue, so they gave me the whole season for free.

    I live in Central Illinois. The only games that were blacked out for me were the Card’s, Cubs, and White Sox, which I could see on the regional sports networks. Like Euro, I too prefer the convenience of watching on a channel over a streaming app,

    in reply to: MLB.TV for 2023 #212723
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    Thanks to Brian and Euro for the info, and for making me feel welcome. I’m a long time Directv sub who is addicted to Cardinals baseball, Miami dolphins football and I’m trying to figure a way to get the DirecTV experience of watching my teams with the ability to pause, forward, record, etc. All without having both DTV and YouTube services.

    Thanks again for the info.

    in reply to: MLB.TV for 2023 #212702
    Jedi34
    Participant

    Free

    I realize this isn’t strictly on topic, and I apologize for that. I’m considering YouTube TV, which doesn’t carry Bally sports net. I’m a die hard Cardinals fan, live in Springfield, IL, and I’m wondering if I get MLB TV, will the Cardinal games still be blacked out, even though YouTube TV doesn’t carry Bally sports? I realize I could purchase the Bally sports app, and see the games that way, but I wouldn’t be able to record, pause and fast forward the games, which is how I’ve watched them on DirecTV for years.

    I’d appreciate it if any of you know about this, and, GO CARDINALS!!!

    P.S. I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I check in on this board every day, and it makes the offseason a little less tedious.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years