stlcard25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 12,676 through 12,700 (of 12,737 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #90: Cards at Bucs: Sat Jul 15 #27694
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Now let’s go out and win one for Cmart tomorrow. Last year I watched him pitch into the 9th at PNC and it would be good to have it happen again (though I won’t be there to see it this time).

    Series wins are wins and hopefully we can pile em up.

    On another note, I see the Nats are losing Ross to TJ surgery. Would tonight’s combo of Lynn and Rosenthal be attractive to them?

    in reply to: Minor league thread – Sat Jul 15 #27693
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Good pitching in the upper levels tonight as the four starters in A and beyond gave up a total of 6 runs in 24 innings. Half of those were on O’Reilly who had an “off” night with “only” 7 IP, 3 ER and 10 K’s.

    Carson Kelly had a two run homer for Memphis which I believe may tie his career high?

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #90: Cards at Bucs: Sat Jul 15 #27687
    stlcard25
    Participant

    4-0 in the 6th. Not a bad start for Lynn…hope the bullpen can hold it.

    in reply to: PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE A PAID SCOUT SUBSCRIBER #27683
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Not a problem, Brian. I will happily pay, knowing that it goes to providing the high quality stuff that we have access to.

    in reply to: Affiliate observations #27681
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Touching stuff there. It’s easy to forget while we bemoan poor results or disappointing turns for these guys that they are high class athletes and that even then, they are still people with dreams just as we are. Best of luck to that young man in whatever he does next in life.

    in reply to: Giancarlo Stanton thread #27677
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Stanton would certainly be an upgrade over Piscotty but…at that price? Given Dewitt’s comments about not signing Robert due to the strain on the budget, I highly doubt they would take on the risk of $35 million for a 35+ year old. Maybe if they knew for sure he was gonna take the opt out.

    in reply to: PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE A PAID SCOUT SUBSCRIBER #27627
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Brian, I always thought Premium access was for each individual site. Not that it matters but I checked another Scout site I’ve been a part of and had no subscription access.

    Anyway, as I mentioned, Scout’s terrible ability to get out of a subscription was the reason I hesitated to sign up at TCN. I was able to get through and cancel my Scout membership and plan on upping here in the next week or two. The coverage here is pretty thorough and much appreciated compared to other Cardinals sites.

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14 #27610
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Well…that stunk. Realistically the Cards were on the ropes the entire game, and the game ended mercifully before extras at least.

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14 #27604
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Leake suddenly can’t find the plate. Three straight walks with the dangerous Polanco up.

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14 #27603
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Ha!! Another pickoff of a guy on third. Heads up play there.

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14 #27601
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Leake with the reach tips two straight hits and turns one into an infield hit. Wong with a nice play on the other.

    in reply to: Affiliate observations #27572
    stlcard25
    Participant

    He did pretty well last year though. I do agree that it’s certainly a red flag for him.

    Btw he has a double and a triple in his last two games. Gotta have something to build on and hopefully he learns from this humbling experience and gets to work realizing his talent.

    in reply to: Grichuk to DL #27559
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Grichuk is a guy who can be a boon, but to me is clearly too streaky for an every day job. He may be slightly better than Martinez but not much. I think a change of scenery would be good at this point.

    in reply to: Minor league thread – Thu Jul 13 #27514
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Alcantara’s strikeouts are way down this year. Hudson isn’t striking many out either. We’ve seen Junior Fernandez and Jordan Hicks with low K rates as well. What gives? You would expect these guys to be overpowering hitters with their stuff…is it some sort of organizational philosophy for guys to work on pitching to contact?

    in reply to: 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14 #27508
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Cole has been a bit up and down this year but is always a threat. Hopefully Leake can toss a good game and the bats can get going.

    in reply to: Rosters and Rehab Assignments #27487
    stlcard25
    Participant

    A bit concerning, since they mentioned his velocity was down. Maybe giving him his shot until Duke returns. I don’t know that we need 4 lefties in the pen at that point though.

    in reply to: Cards in July – Buyers, Sellers , neither or both? #27465
    stlcard25
    Participant

    I’ve never felt Quintana was all that great. He is certainly better than what they have in their rotation but that’s a pretty high cost.

    Hopefully he goes winless the rest of the year. ?

    in reply to: Cards in July – Buyers, Sellers , neither or both? #27427
    stlcard25
    Participant

    I agree with you on most of these points. A guy like Stanton helps fix a lot of holes. The main concern with him is of course the cost of that contract. I do think a lineup with him crushing homers at cleanup would make our 1-5 pretty formidable though.

    in reply to: Minor league thread – Wed Jul 12 #27425
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Not to mention Benson who is off to a nice start at State College, with the homer tonight.

    in reply to: Less and less demand for traditional sports writers #27417
    stlcard25
    Participant

    That’s why I have no interest in viewing their site anymore. Watching videos for everything is a pain in the butt.

    in reply to: MLB All-Star Game – Tue Jul 11 #27349
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Kind of like the WBC, I get the feeling that Yadi really thrives when he can play hard and have fun. The grind of the MLB regular season doesn’t seem to allow for much of that, so perhaps the breather is why he’s been so good in these types of formats.

    in reply to: Minor league thread – Mon Jul 10 #27281
    stlcard25
    Participant

    I’d like to see Monty get a shot as well. Seems like as good a time as any.

    stlcard25
    Participant

    Even if offered 4 top 100 guys I don’t think I would pull the trigger. Martinez is becoming one of the better pitches in the bigs and he’s only 25. I wouldn’t feel comfortable trading him for anything less than at least one sure thing and two more high end guys. Even that Yankees group…Torres is the only one I would feel good about as I think Frazier won’t be that good and Mateo struggles to hit. Rutherford could be a keeper but he’s far away. Cmart is something between a 4-5 win pitcher in all likelihood and to give away 6 years of that would really require a monster haul. Even bigger than what Sale went for, IMO.

    stlcard25
    Participant

    I would contend that the team isn’t going to wait 3 more years to contend again and will probably be back at it as soon as next year. To trade Martinez would be silly and guarantee at least a three year turnaround. I can’t see that happening.

    in reply to: Pham injured again #27118
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Hopefully just precaution with a decent lead and the All Star break coming up.

Viewing 25 posts - 12,676 through 12,700 (of 12,737 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years