Grichuk to DL

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Grichuk to DL

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lower back strain. Jose Martinez recalled.

Participant

This is bad news to me. I’m a big Grichuk fan and hope he gets back soon with a more focused approach at the plate. It could happen. As far as Martinez being the one sent up as apposed to JAGarcia or Bader says something about going forward. He’s the fourth outfielder at Memphis.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Don’t forget to take into account that Martinez is on the 40-man roster too! In order for Garcia or Bader to be called up, someone has to be DFA’ed or outright released.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Grichuk is a guy who can be a boon, but to me is clearly too streaky for an every day job. He may be slightly better than Martinez but not much. I think a change of scenery would be good at this point.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

DL timing not good for a trade at all.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m a big fan of Grichuk also. I actually think he is more valuable to this team than Piscotty right now. If they both got 550 AB’s I think their lines would be:

Grichuk: .240 avg 25HR 80 RBI
    Piscotty: .260 avg 15HR 70 RBI

I know Grichuk will strike out more but I still like his line better. I think he is a better defender and has more speed, and costs less.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish him the best. But I don’t see how Randall Grichuk has earned a spot on the 25-man roster.

Participant

Free

Or maybe the DL stint is just a way to keep him from getting hurt before the trade deadline…okay probably not but still…

Participant

Free

I think he might be on the dl and in the minors for longer than we think.

Participant

Why is Martini never mentioned as a decent prospect and possible callup? His .412 OBP at Memphis should draw some attention. Is he too much of a AAAA player with little power and average speed?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In the outfield pecking order, Bader and Sierra are immediately ahead of Martini. Coming fast are Adolis Garcia (already at AAA) with Arozarena and Mercado raking at AA. Too many competitors with higher ceilings for Martini to probably get a chance. Then again, I might have said the same thing about Alex Mejia, so you never know. That is why guys keep working.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Not like Huffman sucked when he was up.

Participant

Free

14NyquisT
    This is bad news to me. I’m a big Grichuk fan and hope he gets back soon with a more focused approach at the plate. It could happen. As far as Martinez being the one sent up as apposed to JAGarcia or Bader says something about going forward. He’s the fourth outfielder at Memphis

Bader needs a full year at Memphis and a call-up in September. He’ll be in the conversation next year. He has to maintain (like Grichuk) a .350 BABIP to be good. He does hit a lot of line drives though so maybe it will last.

I’d like to see both him and Kelly get ample time in Memphis so that we don’t rush them before they’re ready.

Participant

Free

CariocaCardinal
    Not like Huffman sucked when he was up.

Yeah he didn’t, but neither has Martinez.

Participant

I’d like to see he and Kelly get ample time at Memphis too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years