MLB All-Star Game – Tue Jul 11

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB All-Star Game – Tue Jul 11

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez and Yadier Molina will be representing the Cardinals. They were player ballot selections.

Last year, Aledmys Diaz replaced injured Matt Carpenter on the NL roster.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Molina with a solo homer. 5-8 lifetime in the ASG

Good showing by our 2 all stars

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of like the WBC, I get the feeling that Yadi really thrives when he can play hard and have fun. The grind of the MLB regular season doesn’t seem to allow for much of that, so perhaps the breather is why he’s been so good in these types of formats.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Glad the game is over and we can get back to the business of baseball now.

Any chance Miami starts to shed payroll now that the ASG is over with? Stanton to St. Louis would be fine with me.

And I didn’t know the practice of giving home field advantage in the World Series to the league that wins the ASG is now over? When did that stop?

Participant

Free

The new CBA

And I actually threw out an interesting scenario of a Tie in about the 8th inning.

I’m happy our guys showed well.

Participant

Free

Yadi, great job.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good to see both Cardinals do well. I am glad they dispensed with the whole “this one counts” business, and the All-Star game is back to being an exhibition.

Quite a different game with the on-field interviews. Making it an exhibition game allows for that though. It gives the game more of a throw-back feel, when professional sports was not nearly as controlled by money as today.

The game typified in many ways the professional game today – home runs and strikeouts. It would have been more entertaining to see a couple of rallies, where a team had several hits and scored 2 or 3 in an inning. It was still a good game though.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years