2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #89: Cards at Bucs: Fri Jul 14

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Leake (6-7, 3.12) vs. RHP Gerrit Cole (7-7, 4.43 ERA), 6:05 pm, FOX Sports Midwest

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BAck at it!

Go Cards!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cole has been a bit up and down this year but is always a threat. Hopefully Leake can toss a good game and the bats can get going.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Ok, fight’s on for 2nd half! Next 10 days will show if they’re playoff material or not.

Participant

Free

Gyrko with the jack. Cole visibly frustrated, thought he had the ring up on Carp. Ces’t la vie.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am out of practice. Forgot to post the lineup. But my feelings would not be hurt if others did instead.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leake with the reach tips two straight hits and turns one into an infield hit. Wong with a nice play on the other.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha!! Another pickoff of a guy on third. Heads up play there.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leake suddenly can’t find the plate. Three straight walks with the dangerous Polanco up.

Participant

Free

Painful to watch a six inning Leake but even more painful watching this team try and hit. Take called third strikes and nothing close to a rally.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Piscotty leaves the game in the 9th after being injured on a throw.

Next up could be Huffman or Sierra, or someone not on the 40-man.

Participant

Free

Please tell me OH is on a one year deal. Piscotty, the ugly year continues.

Participant

Free

Please tell me they will stop pretending and finally the sell underway.

Participant

Oh no

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well…that stunk. Realistically the Cards were on the ropes the entire game, and the game ended mercifully before extras at least.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Piscotty’s injury didn’t look like an elbow. It appeared to be a groin or hip issue.

Participant

Free

This is at best a third place team in this division. I watch many of the at bats and sit here shaking my head. Long year but at this point I have little reason to believe much will change.

Participant

Free

Question for MM…we keep putting in Oh as a closer in close games, why, exactly? I’m not following. Hoping a guy pitches better doesn’t make him pitch better.

Participant

Free

Ditto.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, I fixed that. Sorry.

The team is calling the injury a right quad strain.

Edit: Then they changed it to a right groin strain. Hard to pin this one down! 😉

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Unfortunately, this game looked like a few we saw before the break. Cards grabbed an early lead, bats went silent after that, and the pen gave up a big inning late for the loss.

Participant

Nothing like having a closer with
    a 4.17 ERA. Starters must love it.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

In fairness to MM, he has no apparent “good” option, but I get the frustration. When the bottom of the 9th started, you just knew the situation was ripe for what happened. Then when he walked Cutch to get to the lefty Bell, it got even riper I thought. Pick your poison I guess, but the splits didn’t favor Oh at all there, which goes back to my original thought of no good option for MM. It’s just who this team is right now.

Participant

Free

Almost scared to see what the team does now since it needs 2 outfielders, we could call guys up and all but still fear that we’ll overpay for replacements until they’re both back…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years