mudville

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 3,447 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Roster Matrix thread 2 #316148
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Seein’ is believen’. Now we’re going to see.

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News (new thread) #316147
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Hard for me why Siani can’t get a job. No, he can’t hit for power. But he sure plays hard.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Liberatore is a day and a dollar short again. Hopefully, Soriano has a productive offseason and continues to improve and gain confidence . I don’t think he’s reached his ceiling yet. Most times he has been an asset. This time he was an ass. ( Obviously, mudville is a sore loser.)

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    My wife subscribed to Apple TV. But I never understood why. She had forgotten the password, so I still had to endure. All is well now. The only bad thing had been listening to the constant reverencing to ‘PCA’ which has been annoying.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    bb – Your comment mirrors my thoughts on this issue. Thanks for posting.

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #316041
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    My suggestion is beyond unrealistic, if implemented, it would be catastrophically destructive. You cannot shut down a trillion dollar industry, and then turn it all back on again when ready.

    But every possibility should at least be considered. The current system is, above all else, simply not fair to anyone including players, team ownership, and fans.

    A floor would consist of designated revenue such as ticket sales, advertising revenue, or whatever, from each ball club. The revenue would be combined, then divided up and distributed to each of the 30 MLB teams. The floor would require that all of the money contributed above the floor be spent on players’ salaries.

    A ceiling would determine how much each ball club would be allowed to spend. A ceiling would make it nearly impossible to overspend on a few players and still have a viable roster. The details would need to be negotiated.

    There are many other possibilities, no doubt.

    in reply to: Uniform change #316015
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I can’t help but wonder what comments were made when the Navy blue caps were replaced by the current red caps.

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #316014
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’d be willing to not play in 2027. Then declare an impasse. Then the two sides can develop and settle on a new fiscal arrangement. I love the idea of a salary ceiling and a salary floor. Get the cost of going to a ballgame way down. Give every team a real chance to make big money. Spread the ticket sales income around more evenly to all players.

    There’s got to be a way to end the fiscal insanity.

    in reply to: Masyn Winn #315930
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I love watching Winn throw the ball. I’m willing to wait some more for his offense to come around.

    And I don’t like using Ozzie as any kind of reference point, either. He was magical.

    Yadi was magical, too. But he’ll never get all the credit he deserves for that.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’m quieted for a bit on Herrera. He does run pretty fast to catch up with the balls that skip past his glove.

    The Rockies desperately need a player development system. It’s as if they draft well and then just sit back and watch what happens.

    The Rockies did build themselves a beautiful stadium. And, if I’m not mistaken, the Owners paid for it themselves.

    in reply to: Blaze Jordan #315730
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Let Blaze play. He runs pretty fast when he’s chasing a ball that just skipped past his glove.

    Bernie Miklas has a nice report on Gorman’s recent resurrection at Memphis. Sort it out next spring.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix thread 2 #315673
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    During tonight’s game against the Rockies, the Cardinals broke away from the broadcast to show Tanner Franklin throw a few pitches while pitching for Springfield. Every pitch he threw looked like it could be on a highlight reel.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    They had plenty of chances to score more runs.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Pallante’s ERA has been steadily dropping as he gains more and more confidence. He’s controlling his knuckle curve well and itv has become a reliable pitch for him. He’s just now entering his prime, and he’s up for arbitration. I guess that means he gets traded. But for what? The Cardinals don’t need any more prospects for now. It’s about time to start putting together a winning team. It might take 2 or 3 years for Hunter Dobbins to reach the level that Pallante is at now, IMO.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Leahy might turn out to be that ace. Caray said his ERA is 1.21 over his last seven games.

    I get a stomachache every time a catchable ball hits the dirt slightly to the right of Crooks and rolls back to the wall. Crooks is just plain clumsy, IMHO.

    in reply to: Ixan Info #314190
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    And let’s not forget that Hjerpe is killin’ it on his come pack trail. Kyle has as a man crush on Hjerpe.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    So who still wants to trade O’Brien? He’s not always fun to watch. But he has stats that say we don’t want to give him away. Maybe Gastelum replaces him one day, but not yet.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #314185
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Pallante had another good game last night (07-24-26) He stills needs maturity and confidence, IMO. I’m starting to think of him as a rotation NO. 2 eventually, or at lest a solid No. 3. I’m happy for the guy if he makes it. Too early to trade him.

    We need to move May (think Matthews) and find a place for Liberatore unless Dobbins is already that player.

    in reply to: 2026 TCN Community Top 50 Prospect Voting Thread #314180
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I really like both of these rankings. But I was wandering who was going to be pushed out of the top 20. Looks like it was Brandon Clarke. Rocco Maniscalco and Tai Peete to name just two seems to have done it.

    I’m mot disputing anything. Just having fun with this.

    Thanks. After this last draft I think it’s going to be real tough for Brian and Kyle to stop at the top 50. The rankings might have to go to the top 60, plus sleepers and hidden gems.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Your points are well taken. I hadn’t given much thought to Pallante’s cost, control, arbitration, etc. I just think it’s fascinating and satisfying to see a young twenty something progress, and at some point, achieve his dream.

    C27 – Have you figured out what we have with Leahy yet? Is he pitching beyond his means, or has he emerged as something special?

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313921
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I agree. Nootbaar, Romero, and May. The trouble is that none of of them are going to bring much back. It’s basically about clearing roster space.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This comment has to do with catching and with Pallante. IMO, Pallante is still settling in as a regular rotation pitcher. He still needs to mature some more. His last outing went south when he had a runner on first base. Pallante threw a catchable wild pitch/passed ball that Crooks let roll right passed him and back to the wall. The runner advanced to second base. Then a pitch was hit back to Pallante. The runner advanced to third and Pallante tried to throw the runner out at third and was late. Now Pallante had runners on first and third with nobody out. Pallante’s start went downhill for the rest of the inning although he did pull himself together eventually. It all started with Crooks stabbing at a catchable ball that was off the plate on the ground. My points are that we need a catcher that can handle defense, and Pallante could still become a reliable starter.

    in reply to: Minor League Game thread – 2026 Week 18 #313901
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’m anxious to see if Jesus Baez can pick it at third base and throw the runner out at first base.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #313815
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    1982 willie – I get your real world logic about what’s fair to pay a teen or twenty something kid who still teases his sister and gets reprimanded by his mom for not keeping his room clean. But I don’t feel a bit apologetic about giving this kid, or any of these kids for that matter, only a half million bucks.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by mudville.
    in reply to: TCN’s Monthly Cardinals Prospect Rankings for 2026 #313769
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I know Raniel Rodriguez is constantly referred to as a catcher. But I listened to him say in an interview while playing in Springfield that he needs to work on his catching. It’s a little late for a kid to start working on his catching at AA. I see Rodriguez as our future first baseman. I like Burleson a lot but he could bring a substantial return in a possible future trade. Bernal, IMO, is our future catcher.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 3,447 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years