2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #320025
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    If this game goes to the 9th with the score remaining 4-1, these Cubs are in a world of it with 1.67 ERA Miller in line and at the ready to seal it shut. Miller ended the ’26 season with 38 SV’s which tied him for the NL lead in that category with the guy I call the Bogsider from Derry/Londonderry…I’ll mention once again that I thought it was highly improbable for any closer to ever lead his league in SV’s while flashing a far less than stingy 4.08 ERA. It’s a genuine baseball oddity in my estimation.

    #320026
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Haha…They’re amped up for Miller time in SD!

    #320027
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Hoerner makes a little noise with a 1 out double.

    #320028
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    That’s that…Tony Gwynn’s smiling. I kind of like these Padres. Never underestimate a team that has a Manny…

    #320029
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That’s that, alright. Cubs pitching was better than I thought it would be.

    #320030
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’ve never been the sort that wanted to speed up the game with a bunch of new rules designed to hurry up and get a baseball game over with, so I’ve enjoyed this day of almost non-stop Big League playoff action. I’m going to take full advantage of it while it’s still around and watch every game that I possibly can because, not only is baseball my favorite game, but before I know it, I’ll be freezing my poor backside whilst shoveling the driveway in Jan…I’m thinking about April already.

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years