2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #320104
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Walt Weiss is a genuine genius for handing the baseball to Kerr…And what the heck was Mattingly thinking when he decided to start this bum Nola in an elimination game?…Oh well, it’s early.

    #320111
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    And now Osborne Albies jacks a big dong, a two run dinger.

    5-0 Braves in the top of the 5th.

    Can the boys from Fulton County Stadium hang on???

    #320120
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    This has been a mismatch since the gate opened in the 1st inning. No contest.

    #320121
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Walker would have squeezed that for the out in RF…

    #320123
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Turner chases a fast ball at his adam’s apple and gets the sac-fly RBI but the Braves will gladly trade a run for the first out the 8th inning. Now Schwarber with the warning track fly ball to RF for out #2 and Weiss wants to go to his BP pitcher Sale with Harper due to stand in…

    #320124
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Harper dogging it on the PB strike 3…Always a bad look.

    #320125
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’d say Sale’s been a pretty nice addition for the Braves. If it weren’t for the guy in MIL there’d be a real good chance that he’d be taking home his second NL CYA while wearing a Braves uniform.

    #320126
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Just a random observation, but I just noticed that Michael Wacha leads all AL pitchers with a shade over 200 IP’ed which, not too very long ago, would have been similar to 300 innings of work.

    #320127
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    And that, as they say, is that…The baseball gypsy’s little crystal ball says the Dodgers, Padres, Indians and Yankees all advance to the LCS. Unless, of course, something different happens to occur when they actually suit up and begin to play the baseball games on Saturday…

    #320128
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    The Braves have certianly proven that they’re the best baseball team in the NLE, but somehow it doesn’t seem fair that they were required to do it twice.

    #320129
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’d say that 6 runs on 6 hits is an ideal illustration of motion economy.

    #320130
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Just saw that Blake Baldwin went to Southwest State University (Springfield). He was drafted by the Braves in 2024.

    #320131
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That guy on Milwaukee has pretty much got the NL CYA locked up. The Brewers so far have the best scouting in all of basebal. important.

    #320133
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    They now call that school Missouri State University, mudville. My son graduated from that same University when it was then known as SMSU or Southwest Missouri State University. Ryan Howard was a year ahead of my boy when they both were attending college in Springfield and they both played against one another when they were playing in HS in StL. Co. Howard played for Lafayette HS while my son played for rival Lindbergh HS. My boy was a LHP’er and faced him several times. As a dad and a baseball fan those were some really good times.

    #320151
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Never seen Missouri State University, but always had a good vibe about it. I’ve known about the name change for years. Not sure why I didn’t remember it. Thanks.

    I was impressed by how Blake Baldwin was able to reach out and grab way outside pitches on both sides of the plate (by Sale). If his throws to 2B get to be a little more accurate, he could be a GG contender, IMHO. And he was only drafted in 2024. I know there are other players from Missouri State that were drafted by MLB teams. I wonder who scouts Missouri State for the Cardinals.

    #320153
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Well you can’t win them all……that’s what I get for being so cocky that Philly would win. I’ll be in attendance for both games this weekend vs those upstart Pads. The Miz should bring those red hot Californians back to earth though.

    What’s for din-din tonight one may ask? I’ll shortly be heading on up to the beautiful Wisconsin Dells for a 4pm early din-din at The Del-Bar. They have the real succulent lobster and not those little cheapies that you get at Red Lobster and so many other eateries. After din-din I’ll be heading down the trail about 10 miles to the Ho Chunk casi no to play some Huff & Even More Puff. Last time I was there I got the super Mansion bonus, where I filled the screen with 30 of the most lovely mansions you’ve ever seen.

    #320154
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Baldwin was drafted by Atlanta in 2022, not 2024.

    #320165
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Succulent lobster, Pugs?! I’m in.

    I hear that Brewers fans are the only ones in MLB that tailgate before games.

    The Crew in 5.

    The Braves looked really good yesterday against the Phillies. If they can maintain that degree of intensity, the Dodgers will really, really have their hands full.

    #320166
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    One good thing about this Padres/Brewers series is that we more than likely have at least two more games with Front Row Amy in attendance.

    And with HeHateMeToo, I mean, Pugs being in attendance, well, I am anticipating fireworks in this series!

    • This reply was modified 20 hours, 26 minutes ago by Ratsbuddy.
    #320169
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I hear that Brewers fans are the only ones in MLB that tailgate before games.

    A guy in our local SABR group mentioned to me one time that the White Sox also have a tail gating area where fans partake. I went to a game this year and did not see that, but we were running a little late and just bolted to the gate from our Uberc car.

    #320170
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    You have to appreciate the fact that all 8 teams competing in the LDS possess the best W/L records in their respective leagues. A best of 5 is a short series so anything can happen, but I’m going with the Yankees/Indians and Dodgers/Padres and a Dodgers/Yankees WS. Dodgers in 6 for the trifecta…

    #320179
    1982 willie
    Participant

    I dont think the dodgers are gonna win it all this year. Not sure who is but i would take the field on this one.

    #320183
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Well, Willie, it’s baseball and there are still 8 teams that have a chance, so I’d have to say that the odds be 8 to 1 in favor of the Dodgers and the other 7…

    #320200
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    WhiteSox and Indians are scoreless after three innings at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland.

    And Judge is out for the NLDS against Tampa Bay.

    UPDATE:
    Cleveland has the bases loaded and two outs in the last of the 3rd.

    • This reply was modified 1 hour, 22 minutes ago by Ratsbuddy.
    #320202
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    And DeLauter lines out with the bases loaded to end the inning.

    No score after three innings.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years