I am assuming those payroll numbers only include players that are currently active because I am 100% certain that the Yankees have a payroll much much higher than that. I guess the injured guys don’t count.
Cot’s has the Yanks 40 man salary at $308M abd CBT salary at $341M.
This reply was modified 1 hour, 54 minutes ago by gscottar.
According to the payroll figures in BW’s comment, it costs an average of about $162M potatoes for a Big League baseball team to qualify for a chance to compete in a LDS.
Edit…That’s a little more than the average Joe’s grocery budget.
This reply was modified 1 hour, 47 minutes ago by 1toughdominican.
The Padres jump out to early lead as they push 2 runs across HP against Misiorowski and the Brewers in the visitor half of the 2nd in MIL. It could have been a lot worse, but Jake was able to get Machado with 2 outs and the bases jammed up to escape and limit the damage. It’s never easy to neutralize a Manny. Any Manny at all. I wish we had one of them Mannys…