Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
It is what they think advertisers want. Heck with the customers.
1. In a quick check, I did not see this capability, but I haven’t taken it off the list.
2. If you mean, does the system mark which threads you have posted in?, I don’t think so – at least in a visible way. I know that you can subscribe to threads of interest, to be informed via email when others comment. By clicking on your name, you can also see which threads you have started as well as all that you have commented in.We are usually only talking about a handful of games so I don’t think blocking prospects and position balance are key factors. As I have spoken with Cardinals officials, the factors I mentioned above are what I heard. Home/lack of travel and level of competition based on the spot in the rehab being the important ones.
You need to look at the overall game. There has been a large increase in home runs in MLB as a whole.
The percentage of plate appearances resulting in home runs peaked at 2.99 percent in 2000, the height of the Steroids Era, according to data compiled by the commissioner’s office. After sinking to 2.28 percent in 2014, it rose to 2.67 percent the following year, 3.04 percent last season and 3.30 percent this year.
MLB is also looking into the baseballs further and thinking about investigating bat manufacturing.
chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/07/12/rob-manfred-mlb-open-to-more-aggressively-managing-change/
This particular measure suggests defense may not be a big problem for this Cardinals team.
All 30 MLB teams ranked by Defensive Runs Saved, per @FieldingBible pic.twitter.com/TGortKiwqN
— Mark Simon (@MarkASimonSays) July 10, 2017
Even more moves…
A mid-season all-star is a surprising release. See my update to Derek’s Tuesday article here.
Minor League Dominoes Continue to Fall in Cardinals System Tuesday
Yadier Molina (34 yrs, 363 days) became the oldest catcher to HR in an All-Star Game, passing a mark held by Yogi Berra (34-83) pic.twitter.com/6OCEuHS1i2
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) July 12, 2017
I will be in Brooklyn for the final two of the Spikes games this weekend and stay on for the four-game St. Louis series at Citi Field next Monday-Thursday. On the road again!
Carlos Martinez pitches a scoreless third for the NL team, hits 100 mph on the gun four times, including twice to Aaron Judge. #stlcards
— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) July 12, 2017
I am pleased to inform you that the avatar loading problem is fixed and tested. Load away (from WELCOME (yourname) > MY PROFILE at the upper right) and sorry for the inconvenience!
P.S. Please use good taste in your avatar selection, as I reserve to the right be the arbiter on what is appropriate here. Thanks in advance.
Two updates made to the above Dominoes article. I have taken to putting the updates on top so they are more easily noticed.
Carlos Martinez said he's been told he'll be pitching the 3rd and/or 4th innings tonight in #ASG. #STLCards
— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) July 11, 2017
I received the following from a member via the site contact form. I decided to share it with everyone here.
Why does Thomas St Clair show up as unsigned, according to the MLB draft tracker? So I assume we were not able to sign Saul Garza, Adam Kerner and Austin Pollock? Garza and Kerner were probably backup plans in case we weren’t able to sign Zach Jackson? I know we had another 35k, that we could have spent without going over the 5% overage… And they probably needed more than that to get Pollock. Overall, For not having a pick until 94 and so little cap dollars, I think the Cardinals did a great job. Terry Fuller could be one to watch with others like Zach Jackson, Wilberto Rivera, Donivan Williams and Alex Gallegos.
I cannot speak for why MLB makes mistakes, but they do. Not only does their tracker show St. Clair as unsigned, they show 18th rounder Shane McCarthy signed for $100K despite their own Jim Callis saying it is not true. I have no idea why since they know there is a mistake that they do not correct it.
I agree with you that $36,700 was probably not enough to get another signed, but I don’t know who the Cardinals’ next priority guy was. 34 of 38 are signed.
On one hand, there are some interesting guys among the 34. On the other, the fact that the 15th rounder is the one who is causing the most buzz from the entire draft class is not exactly encouraging to me. We shall see…
Your 2017 All-Star Game starting lineups. pic.twitter.com/7nNM08kiXm
— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 10, 2017
Oddsmakers currently have the Cards at 50:1 to win the World Series.
Here is the trajectory they are on.
NL playoff odds: https://t.co/HfEHeDgBXj
100% Dodgers
98% Nationals
93% Diamondbacks
76% Rockies
55% Brewers
40% Cubs
20% Cardinals— Baseball Prospectus (@baseballpro) July 10, 2017
-
AuthorPosts
