Questions about the New TCN – UPDATED 03/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Questions about the New TCN – UPDATED 03/21

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I appreciate the additional information. (I also made it another nested reply so I can see the results on my phone.)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Test

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have run across several cases in which the system is not allowing avatars to be loaded and I am looking into the problem. I will inform you when it is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

guengpj
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Renewing—Beware.
    Before you renew your Cardinal Nation subscription BE SURE TO CANCEL YOUR SCOUT SUBSCRIPTION. I renewed my Cardinal Nation subscription on Saturday, 7/8/17 and Scout immediately renewed my Scout subscription to the tune of $79.95. I must have agreed to automatic renewal with Scout when I first started with Cardinal Nation some years ago but I am positive it was in March. If you do not what to be billed for Scout, cancel it first. When I called them, I was basically told that it was my fault and there would be no refund. Speaks not so well of the public relations department. All for the almighty dollar! I will never deal with the again.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I regret you experienced this, Philip. You had the unfortunate timing of your Scout membership coming up for renewal in early July.

There is no way to have opted out of Scout’s automatic renewal. The only way to stop this is to cancel before your anniversary date. Anyone should be able to verify your Scout paid-through date via clicking on the head and shoulders icon, logging in and selecting MY SUBSCRIPTIONS at the upper right of the page at https://www.scout.com/mlb/cardinals.

To cancel your Scout subscription, you must contact the Scout.com Membership Center at 1-888-501-5752 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CDT, Monday through Friday.

But as Phil notes, you must do it BEFORE your anniversary date to avoid being billed again.

P.S. I tried to point this out in the various communications before the site change, but I am sure not everyone noticed it. If your intent is to leave Scout, there is no reason to delay canceling and risk forgetting to do it later. As Phil learned, there is no grace period given. Do be advised that your Scout membership will still be honored though your paid-through date if you cancel.

I am sorry that I cannot directly help anyone with Scout difficulties, as that is now completely out of my influence. I can assure you that here, I am your customer support and you will be treated fairly.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am pleased to inform you that the avatar loading problem is fixed and tested. Load away (from WELCOME (yourname) > MY PROFILE at the upper right) and sorry for the inconvenience!

P.S. Please use good taste in your avatar selection, as I reserve to the right be the arbiter on what is appropriate here. Thanks in advance.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Any update on how to mark threads as “read”?

2. Do the threads notate which threads we have posted in?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. In a quick check, I did not see this capability, but I haven’t taken it off the list.
    2. If you mean, does the system mark which threads you have posted in?, I don’t think so – at least in a visible way. I know that you can subscribe to threads of interest, to be informed via email when others comment. By clicking on your name, you can also see which threads you have started as well as all that you have commented in.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I cannot find any way to get my reply to nest under the one I am replying to. I can only post a comment that adds on at the bottom.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On the post you want to nest your comment underneath, there is a gray bar above the icon of the poster and their original comment. On the left side of the gray bar is the date and time of the post. On the right, are several words, including REPLY on the far right. Clicking on REPLY is what nests the comment, as in this case, I am REPLYing to you.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am having difficulty staying logged in. I can log into the home page but when I click on the forum page it logs me out. Strange.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sorry you are having trouble. This is a new one to me. Please share a bit more. When you log on the second time at the forum, do you stay logged in then? Or does the process repeat?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The process repeats. If I click on a thread it logs me back in but if I go back to the open forum it logs me out, which makes it difficult to determine the time and date of the most recent posts. It could be something peculiar to my computer, I don’t know.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You may want to try clearing the cookies on your browser. Some folks had initial problems being blocked from reading articles after logging in the first time because of old cookies. Though your problem is different, it could have a similar root cause.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I seem to get kicked out of my login about every other day.

lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Hi Brian, I am having the same type of Problem. Everytime, I click on your latest article, it says for paid customers only. However, If I go back to home, I am logged in. If I login successfully, click on article, it appears I am not logged on and I get same message all over again.

lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Hi Brian, Whatever was causing me to have to login when clicking on your New York Update Part 2 article has gone away.

Thanks.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

To help me try to better understand this, I have a question. BEFORE you logged in, did you try to view the new NY members article? Or were you challenged to log on again the very first time you tried to view that article?

Thanks.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Do you see any sort of pattern or have any supporting information that might help me fix the problem?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An update on mobile. We had what we thought was a solution. Some of you may have noticed several iterative changes over the past few days. However, the fix caused other problems so we are backing it off. There are some other areas under the covers that are more pressing right now, but we will definitely fix the mobile view. It is going to be weeks, not days, I suspect.

For those on phones, you will have a much better overall experience on the site if you switch to landscape or horizontal mode, whether in the forums or on the home page.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I just about to ask about the mobile issue. Thanks for telling us they are working on it. BTW you can switch to desktop view if you phone will let you and it works fine.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An update for members on how payment reminders will work here at the new TCN.

After some experimentation, I have settled on payment reminders at 30 days, then seven days and with one day remaining on your subscription. If you actually reach the expiration date, you will receive a good-bye note as a final reminder.

For all monthly members, this process will occur during August. Quarterly and annual members will encounter this ahead of whenever your due date arises during the year.

This only matters the first time through the payment process. Once you provide your payment information here at the new TCN, your subscription will continue until you stop it. (Your Scout payment info did NOT come with you here.)

If you want to preclude the reminders, you can provide your payment info at any time via “WELCOME, (your name) > MY ACCOUNT” at the upper right.

Please comment here if you have any general questions. Use the site “CONTACT US” form under “ABOUT” in the top menu if you want to discuss the specifics of your personal membership.

P.S. Though it has been said a number of times already, I want to re-emphasize that this has NOTHING to do with Scout’s billing. It will also continue until you stop it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is there a notation for threads we have posted in?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

By clicking on your name, you can see which threads you have started as well as all that you have commented in.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

My phone seems to be jumping back and forth between the original format and what appears to be a new mobile format.

As a note, when in the mobile format, the link to the last post on a thread simply takes you to the top of the thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years