Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 9, 2022 at 9:01 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194784
Black Hills…Heck the BP only surrendered 2 ER’s. Think he may have left Mikolas in there too long? I thought the ref was going to stop the fight before Marmol came out to get him. The line? 10 ER’s in 2.2 IP to balloon his ERA to 3.50. Brutal outing to say the least.
August 9, 2022 at 8:54 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194779My goodness.
August 9, 2022 at 8:53 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194778Bling…I’m not sure even Packy can save us tonight. I don’t remember a half inning by the opposition like this one all season. Brutal.
August 9, 2022 at 8:51 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194775Pugs…You had better look for someone else to call the action. After this home half, I’m sitting here with shell shock and the thousand yard stare…
August 9, 2022 at 8:46 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194770Mikolas gets McMahon on a routine ground ball to Eddie for the fist out of the home half of the 3rd.
Grich ropes a belt high offering right back up the middle and into CF for a one out base hit.
Montero loops a single over Edman’s head and into RF for a base hit. Runners at the corners with 1 out.
Mikolas needs a ground ball, but he’s leaving a lot of pitches up in the zone tonight. That’s no good in this league.Diaz lines a double down the RF line. One run in and runners at 2nd at 3rd. Not good.
Line drive off of Mikolas and into CF for base hit abd another run scores…Aw heck, I can’t keep up. I’m having almost as bad of an outing as Mikolas…Take me out coach, I’m through!
August 9, 2022 at 8:11 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194752Hey Bling…Nice little peaceful town with the exception of when those C-130 turboprops would fly over after taking off from Ramstein. My neighbor worked at Landstuhl hospital. I used to go with her to the BX at Ramstein all the time. Let’s get these bats going and claw our way back and win this thing.
August 9, 2022 at 7:28 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194734I saw some banter related to the possibility of the Redbirds dealing Eddie over the off season. He’s crossed HP 70 times thus far this season and has a decent chance to get to the 100 runs scored plateau, especially if he can improve his OBP, which he needs to do as of late. He’s tied with Yelich for 5th in runs scored in the NL. That’s why I was curious if the Cardinals have ever dealt a guy after a season in which he scored 100 times. I just have a hard time envisioning that happening. Runs are still fairly important in this game. I really like Eddie’s entire game and hope he remains a Redbird for a while.
August 9, 2022 at 7:19 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194732Watching a live pre-game interview with Nado on Bally Sports. Nolan wants to win real bad. He’s all business and no nonsense. I look for him to rip it up in this 3 game set.
August 9, 2022 at 7:10 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194730No question about it. I think Eddie will be the catalyst for the big bats to push across down the stretch run and if O’Neill can amp up his bat anywhere close to what we saw in the last third of ’21, opposing pitchers are going to be in trouble when they face this Cardinal line-up.
August 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194729I’m hoping for Kniz to have a nice game tonight. Cardinals need to fill that black hole of a bat coming from the C position.
August 9, 2022 at 6:58 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194728You guys are killing me with the steak and eggs, ribs etc…I’m in the midst of the not so pleasant process of receiving denatal implants which require some oral surgery procedures. Pasta salad for me tonight…
August 9, 2022 at 6:50 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194727The “Gasthof” eh? I once lived on a street @ #9 Kelterstrasse which means wine press road in the small town of Steinbach am Glan. I spent a lot of quality time and money in a place called Zum Grunen Tal which was a little pub that they called a Gasthaus. I can almost taste the cold bottles of Bitburger beer as I key this in. I was quite a bit younger then, but I’m getting a bit dizzy simply thinking about it…I like your pups name! Maybe he could give Marmol a tip or two. Take care and GO REDBIRDS!
So, you feel that either Donovan/Winn is an everyday Big League SS and you’re comfortable with Knizner/Herrara behind HP? I can’t say that I’m crazy about the idea of any of those four guys at those two key defensive positions over the couse of a 162 game regular season. I’m aware that guys like OS and YM only come around once or so in a generation and I like Donovan as a utility, but none of the 4 names you mentioned conjure up images of a solid ballclub.
August 9, 2022 at 1:19 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194686I’m not too crazy about the challenge either. I’d rather see Weaver, Martin, Pinella, etc. Not too many things are as entetaining as the old heave-ho. Not to mention, bad calls sometimes can be on the good guy’s side. You win some, you lose some. Everything evens out eventually. Especially in baseball and life.
August 9, 2022 at 1:14 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194683I’ll be darned. Braves had to replace Freddie and it looks like they did just fine. Olson’s 70 RBI and 21 HR’s as opposed to to Freeman’s 71 RBI and 17 HR. Obviuously Freddie’s one of the best hitters in the NL, but Atlanta did as well as could be expected after the departure of their AS 1B man. Don’t really know how the package for Oakland worked out other than to look at where the A’s sit in the AL West standings. Do you think Edman has an outside chance to cross HP 100 times this season? He’s standing at 70 runs scored with 54 games to play. I think if his bat comes around he’ll reach that plateau even if he doesn’t work his way back into the lead-off slot which is where I think he belongs. I really like Eddie and hope he mans up here for a while. He strikes me as a winner and I think the Cardinals will win a championship with him as a middle IF’er on either side. Have the Redbirds ever made such a trade with a 100 runs scored guy?
August 8, 2022 at 11:51 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194629Can anyone on here tell me when was the last time the Redbirds or any other Big League ballclub traded a guy during the off season in which he had scored 100 runs during that prior regular season?
I’m with you…Eddie’s more than ok with me. But you know how it is in this game. One word…”youneverknow.”
A little more than a month ago I would have said there was no chance that Eddie would be given any consideration as a trade chip this off season, however if he doesn’t improve his performance in the batter’s box, I’d be sad to see him go, but not shocked by a trade that brought a decent return. I still feel he’s better than average with the bat. He’s going to collect 25 to 30 SB’s wherever he plays, and he obviously fits into a GG and he’ll be awarded several more before he’s done. I also feel that he carries that silly thing that we refer to as the intangible. My gut feeling tells me he’s a winning type ballplayer. He’s smart. I’ve yet to see him make a mental mistake on the field. He plays hard and he plays with intensity to win. Heck, until about a month ago he was on pace to cross HP 100 times and runs are still pretty important in this game. In any event, I hope he stays in a Redbird uniform for awhile.
August 8, 2022 at 9:31 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees #194621Ha Ha…I was on the MLB.com Cardinal forum for several seasons before it shut down in 2018. There were a lot of folks on there that enjoyed posting hateful comments aimed at LaRussa. Jake Westbrook is another guy I recall that they liked to ride. Most of them probably hadn’t followed Big League baseball for more than a minute or two. I remember one guy who asked me why I called a walk a BB…There were a lot of good and knowledgeable fans on there too and I still miss it. This forum looks to have the potential to be a lot of fun. Two things that I always really enjoy talking about to others are Big League baseball and motorcycles. Take care!
August 8, 2022 at 9:08 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194619Off day today and next Monday and then the Redbirds play 17 games in a row. That’s a lot of days without a day off for anyone. A lot of casual fans aren’t aware that these guys put in a long day when you factor in at least 6 hours at the ballpark, travel times, in and out of airports and hotels, etc. I’m reasonably certain that a 162 game season can be a grind. Oh well, I’d probably give it a try for the $700,000 minimum. The food at some of these hotels can’t be that bad…
August 8, 2022 at 8:41 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194616The Brewers are leaking oil so badly that I’m not too sure Woodruff can provide enough ballast to right their listing ship. Milwaukee’s currently looking up at Philadelphia who incidentally, along with the Redbirds, own the best record in the entire Big Leagues for the last 10 games at 9-1. Phillies are playing well and if they qualify for bonus baseball Harper should be in their line-up for post season play. That can’t hurt them. He’s pretty good.
August 8, 2022 at 8:23 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies #194615A little trivia contest on an off day…Without looking it up, can any of you Redbird fans name the Cardinal who collected the most RBI in the 2011 WS? The winner is eligible to be a finalist for a game worn Chuckie Fick Cardinal jersey from 2012…I’m certain everyone remembers Chuckie…
August 8, 2022 at 7:48 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees #194611Oh yeah, he was without question out by at least half a step. And as you pointed out, the Redbirds panicked and to make matters worse, it carried over to affect them the following night in game 7. That’s precisely how I viewed it.
August 8, 2022 at 7:43 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees #194610Yeah, no question as to the entire thing was an absolute debacle. Much worse than the ’04 WS. I’m getting a bit queasy. Let’s talk about ’06 and ’11. How’d you like to be a Rangers fan?
August 8, 2022 at 7:33 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees #194609Ha Ha…Thanks Pugs, but you’re giving me the pregame yips! I’m not certain I even know what to do…Might be some dead air time. I’m a two fingered key board guy!
-
AuthorPosts
