2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We had a family BBQ Sunday, so this evening’s din-din is a burgh, dressed up with lettuce, tomato and slice of cheese, potato salad, baked beans and a tall water to wash it down.

Looking forward to Thursday’s lunch of a Rockie dog and 24 oz Coors Banquet while watching the Redbirds invade the Rox home turf.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Watching a live pre-game interview with Nado on Bally Sports. Nolan wants to win real bad. He’s all business and no nonsense. I look for him to rip it up in this 3 game set.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Haven’t “run” across a Cardinal who scored 100 times in the year before being traded yet, but found a couple of close calls.

Rogers Hornsby tallied 96 times in 1926, before being dealt to the Giants for the ‘27 season.

Then Joe Medwick came oh so close, crossing the plate 98 times in 1939 before finding himself in a Brooklyn uniform during the 1940 campaign.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I saw some banter related to the possibility of the Redbirds dealing Eddie over the off season. He’s crossed HP 70 times thus far this season and has a decent chance to get to the 100 runs scored plateau, especially if he can improve his OBP, which he needs to do as of late. He’s tied with Yelich for 5th in runs scored in the NL. That’s why I was curious if the Cardinals have ever dealt a guy after a season in which he scored 100 times. I just have a hard time envisioning that happening. Runs are still fairly important in this game. I really like Eddie’s entire game and hope he remains a Redbird for a while.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Almost showtime, TD. Of course, I’ll be calling to top half innings and you the Rockie bottom halfs. Let’s give em heck!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since PDJ returned he has made all eight starts at SS.
    Goldy, Arenado, Carlson and Noot also all have eight starts. Goldy and Arenado one start each at DH.
    Molina has made five, Knizner two and Romine one.
    Edman has five starts at 2B, Gorman three and Gorman has two DH starts.
    O’Neill has made five starts in LF, Dickerson three and one at DH.
    Donovan has two starts at DH and one at 3B.
    Pujols one at 1B and one at DH.

As Bling said, “pretty settled”.
    *excludes tonight

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, the game thread is on page 3 and we are waiting for first pitch.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well I see we have Nooty and Gorman both in the lineup tonight. Mikolas has a lot lower era than the Rocky pitcher.
    Din-din was Taco Tuesday with some extra chips and queso. I love potatoe pancakes but haven’t found any good ones around here. Closest thing I’ve found is at Arbys believe it or not.
    Go Cardinals!

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Carlson ought to get credit for 2Ks for that swinging strike three.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Ryan “Breezy” Feltner toeing the Colorado rubber on this fine Tuesday evening. My golly look at that crowd……almost looks like the Red Sea.

Carlson strikes out swinging on the minimum number of pitches it takes to do so.

Gorman on 1-1 drills a long shot to right that just drifts to the right of the foul pole. Then on 2-2 he flies out to Hilliard in extremely deep left field. Gorman hit the ball for about 750 feet worth of distance in this at bat, but has zilch to show for it.

Goldy grounds out to Rogers at 2nd base.

Cards 0
    Rockies

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Taking in the game at Wrigley tonight. Tough being the lone outsider here but beautiful seeing that Cardinals pennant on top in centerfield. Go Cards!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Should be a beautiful night at Wrigley, TexasCard……. especially with them being in last place……come to think of it, I believe coming into tonight’s action, the Cubs, Reds and Pirates are all cellar dwellers…..with identically miserable records.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Something tells me that Mikolas just doesn’t have it tonight.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1tough, that is the town where my cousin lived when he was stationed at Ramstein.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

That was a bomb. 3-0 Colorado

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I just told my brother that Pugs. Great minds think alike lol.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, the game thread is on page 3 and we are waiting for the first pitch.

It’s due to the excitement of our new man in the booth, Bling. TD (One Darn Tough Dominican) is about to unleash his maiden PBP effort upon us……. Personally, I’m almost as giddy as a billy goat with anticipation.

1982 willie
    Participant

Not the best first inning.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey Bling…Nice little peaceful town with the exception of when those C-130 turboprops would fly over after taking off from Ramstein. My neighbor worked at Landstuhl hospital. I used to go with her to the BX at Ramstein all the time. Let’s get these bats going and claw our way back and win this thing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Arenado flies out to Hilliard in straightaway left field.

O’Neill lines out to the center fielder Grichuk, almost in his tracks.

Nooty gets his teeth into one to deep right field!…..back and it hits high up and off the wall and Nooty will cruise into 2nd with a double.

DeJong hits it high in the air to short center field….in races Grichuk. ..in …in ..and he has it for the out…..boy you’d think the SS might have had an easier path to that ball.

Rockies 3
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just told my brother that Pugs. Great minds think alike lol.

Two of the greatest, TexasCard.

Hey……where’s the PBP, TD (Tough Dominican)?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3.

Knizner grounds it neatly out to the young 2nd baseman Brendan Rogers and he’ll scoop it up and make the short toss over to 1st base for the out.

Edman raps it on the ground to McMahon at SS who gloves it and fires it on over to 1st base for out #2 here in the Redbird 3rd.

Carlson walks on 4 consecutive pitches out of the zone.

Gorman pops out to short to retire the side.

Rockies 3
    Cards 0

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Can’t watch, but just checked and it looks like the usually reliable (at least in ‘22) Mikolas is getting knocked around. That Cron fella is pretty good.

If I had not heard Mikolas’ name pronounciation, I would have called him “Mi-COLE-is”, rather than “MIKE-a-lis.”

As kid collecting cards, then later playing APBA baseball with old time players, I often ran across a name I had never heard of and would pronounce it one way, then find out it was actually pronounced different. Like when I got a 1963 Topps Bob Uecker card, as a kid I was like “who is this Bob “U-ecker” guy?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

4-0 Rockies now and they are still threatening. This one is about to be over pretty quick. Guess me and Whitey Herdog will be tuning in to the Yankees and Mariners out west.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, our new PBP personality, One Tough Dominican, never quite made it into the booth, but all is still good, Tough Dominican. We still hope to see you posting. The pay is nothing to write home about anyway, TD. I’ve been hoping that one of these years Brian would hit the Powerball jackpot so that our PBP contracts would get a nice little boost…….keep buying those tickets, Brian. You know I hope One Tough Dominican is ok…… he’s gone strangely silent here.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.