Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,456 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

I never look at it this way. The Cardinals have more winning seasons than any team in MLB in the last 30 years except the Yankees and the Dodgers are 3rd.
    https://champsorchumps.us/streak/longest-mlb-winning-record-streak

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals run an organization the way it should be run without Yankee/Dodger payroll. The Cardinals are never going to be able to spend at that level. Why can’t people understand this?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would love a Turner signing, but with Winns eta likely being next season, there is no reason to spend $$ on shortstop position. The money is best spent on pitching, stating pitching.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would think starting pitching, catcher and outfield are Cards off season priorities. But I see most upgrades can be done internally. We are just going to have to endure many rookie moments. But I see a potential World Series team by 2024.

slidinlefty
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jesse Winker would be interesting to look at. He absolutely killed us. Seattle is looking to dump him. If he turned it around, then that would be a tough 2-3-4

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cardinals truly only have around $20M to spend then they won’t be anywhere close to signing someone like Trea Turner, who will probably get $30-$35M per year.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

It would have taken Wainwrights 17.5mil signing and the remaining funds, with a little change left over.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Joc Pederson accepted the QO…so I guess average players are going to go at some crazy prices on the market this off-season. I wouldn’t expect us to get much of anything on the FA exchange.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35034246/sources-joc-pederson-martin-perez-take-qualifying-offers

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I doubt that Pederson would have received a one year deal like that on the FA market but the Giants really liked what he did for their lineup. Farhan Zaidi has been talking him up lately.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards should look into getting a couple ex=Dodgers, Treinen and Heaney. Treinen, if healthy, could either close, or be a set up guy. Heaney might improve by pitching in St Louis, and the best defense in baseball.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Saw Tapia was designated for assignment by TOR

snatch him up, still a lot of upside and would be a great option for the OF

not necessarily the ONYL answer but would definitely force them to evaluate Noot properly instead of him being the only option

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Treinen just underwent rotator cuff surgery and is out for the next 10 months.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Has anyone else heard about Matt Carpenter coming back? He will be one of the players that will benefit the most from the shift rule. IMO that’s what screwed him up mentally. Plus he seems to have straightened out a few other problems with his approach at the plate. Its not like we haven’t brought back old favorites and got great value.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I am not proposing to bring Carpenter back but Holliday was one of the people who helped him get his swing straightened out.

KylMss
    Participant

Free

The Carpenter stuff likely stems from Ken Rosenthal’s recent column in The Athletic. He acknowledged he has not heard anything about Carpenter returning to St. Louis, but said he thought it made sense given what occurred with Albert this past season.

I don’t know that I see a fit. I think it was best for both parties to separate and probably best to remain separated. It’s one thing to bring back a guy like Albert nearly 10 years after he left. Bringing Carpenter back after one season away would probably be flushing money and a roster spot down the toilet.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think it would be in anyone’s interest in bringing Carp back. What revived Carp’s 2022 was getting to Yankee Stadium. I suppose that banning the shift will be good for Carp but to my knowledge the fences at Busch Stadium have not been brought in yet.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

What revived Carp in 2022 was that he FINALLY changed his swing. That’s why he hit so many home runs. Although, being in Yankee Stadium helped some. It is talked about in this NYPost article.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I didn’t see Carp much during the season, but I watched him in the playoffs. He went 1-for-12 with nine strikeouts. It looked very similar to what I remembered. All the best to him, but PASS.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What revived Carp in 2022 was that he FINALLY changed his swing. That’s why he hit so many home runs. Although, being in Yankee Stadium helped some. It is talked about in this NYPost article.

It didn’t seem to help him that much with Texas though.

From Derrick Goold’s chat on November 14:

This past season at Yankee Stadium, Carpenter hit .388/.524/1.082 for a 1.605 OPS in 63 plate appearances in the Bronx. On the road, he hit .253/.333/.506 with a .840 OPS this past season in 91 plate appearances away from Yankee Stadium.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Another far-fetched rumor from that mill.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mariners seem to be shuffling OFers etc.

Kyle Lewis seems like a missed opportunity, despite the injuries his upside is far too good…and they gave up a catcher…feel like we could have made a good deal there

-pick up Tapia…he’s not a world beater but good AVG, play all 3 OF positions, speed, good bridge age to get to Walker
    -sign Q
    -sign Contreras
    -trade for Mateo from O’s
    -send DeJong back to AAA if possible and make him earn the bench spot or dump deal, can’t carry dead weight anymore
    – DVH is also on a short leash in ST

though i still am kinda interested in that Santander + Mateo trade idea i thought up a while ago
    Santander has real power, Mateo crazy speed…both a rent that expensive…O’s might be a good Hudson trade destination…add in some more ore to get that deal done and after we could still afford Contreras and maybe Q

Santander and Contreras definitely bring the combined 50HR thump as well as Santander switch hitting
    Q upgrades the rotation
    Mateo brings free SBs and flex and SS/OF

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Bellinger non-tendered by dodgers…..be interesting to see how they view him vs Conforto or someone else for a LH bat

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Was Turner Ward Bellinger’s hitting coach back when Cody could hit?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bellinger would be a very good fit for the Cardinals.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

The last two years, the OPS+ for:

DeJong
    2021: 85
    2022: 53

Bellinger:
    2021: 44
    2022: 78

Everybody wants to move on from DeJong, but people are advocating for Bellinger?

Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,456 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years