Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2023

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2023

Viewing 25 posts - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,445 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, I really hope we don’t gut the farm system. Our business model is predicated on keeping guys like Walker, Winn, Gorman, Burleson, Yepez, Liberatore, Graceffo, Hence, etc….I think we have the potential to have a stout team for several years as these young guys come up. But if we do move a few of them it needs to be for pitching, pitching, and pitching.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

But if we wait on those players then we miss out on the prime years of Goldschmidt and Arenado. Seems like we should just about be in a ‘Win Now’ mode.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

And if they trade them there’s a really good chance of becoming the Angels. They have one of the best players ever and 1 that is in the 5th season of being around 40% better than league average as a hitter AND his 2nd season about 40% better than league average as a pitcher and they are 15 games below .500. I’d rather stick with the process and build a complete team than have a couple stars and lots of holes around them.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe DeJong comes back up to St. Louis and Sosa gets traded?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This says the Cardinals have been one of the most aggressive teams asking about Montas and Castillo, as they should be.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t want Montas at all. Castillo is intriguing, but trading within the division brings extra risks. He’d probably cost us something fairly significant as well.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

What risks does trading within the division have? You worried about getting Haunted by a prospect or 2?

The Reds stink and have for the most part since 1990. They make snake a division title or playoff spot now and again but they’re Pirates heavy and that means more often than not they’ll be competitive when they aren’t rebuilding but not good enough to be a real threat.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lange, a reliever with Detroit looks like a good potential pickup. Not sure who would we trade for him though. Maybe Woodford and Nootbaar for Lange and a prospect.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems to me that Dejong has played his way into being a decent trading chip (17 homers, 54 rbis) for a team looking for middle infield pop. Maybe he can be included in a deal for pitching help? At first, it looked like any deal would include us paying a lions share of his salary next year, but now it might not take that much, if any.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Dejong would be of interest to both Cincinnati and Tampa Bay, and they both have pitching that they could part with. Dejong is controllable for the next 3 years.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I could see Sosa being part of a package going to Oakland for Montas.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would do O’Neill for Lopez. Sign me up.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I would too! Marlins wouldn’t though. BTV has O’Niell as 27.8 and Lopez at 45.7.
    Even O’Neill, Sosa, Baker, Nunez (36.6) for Lopez and Bass (47.4) is coming up light, but fits both teams needs. And if I’m trading with MIA might as well get Bass put in it to get in the pen. And no I’m not going to put in Burleson or Yepez. The OF is already light without Bader, and as much as I’m not a believer (fan) of O’Neill it’s hard to say trade him right now because of it. If you do then you’re going to have Donovan, Dickerson, Nootbaar, Yepez (when healthy), maybe Burleson in the corners daily and the lineup is getting LH heavy too, and DH is light too or requiring Pujols to play way too much even if he’s looked better lately he’s still 50 years old.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Miami definitely has some depth pieces they could trade though in 1B/DH Aguilar, 1B/DH Cooper, IF Rojas, IF Wendle, IF Berti could all be guys they they could move because of their age and them rebuilding and could all have value to a contending team. I believe Rojas is the only one of the group that has a guaranteed contract for next season and it’s “only” at $5 million.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill
    for
    Lopez

Stl should. Donovan, Carlson, Noot and Dickerson is good OF depth even without Bader. The Burleson thread would light up!
    Yepez and Pujols can handle DH. It would be trading from depth for a need.

Card4Ever
    Participant

Free

Sosa for Syndergaard?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa for Syndergaard?

That seems like a fair trade. Syndergaard is more of an impact player but is a rental, whereas Sosa has 4 1/2 years of control left.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I would take Thor at this point over most of the arms on the market. He won’t cost much in terms of prospects and the upside is decent, even if it’s not what it was in the past. If the Angels took Sosa for him, I’d call that a fair trade.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still think the Angels might be tempted to move Ohtani. If so, the Cardinals should be all over that.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ohtani hás less chance of re-signing here than Soto.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Cardinals should take anything they can get for Sosa other than another medíocre player that will need an off season roster spot.

Card4Ever
    Participant

Free

I read DeJong is only on the taxi squad for this series. Does this mean he may be moved in a deal and they don’t want him injured, (or looking bad against MLB pitching)?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Funny…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the Cardinals would have a better chance to sign Ohtani long term than Soto. Soto is represented by Boras and Ohtani isn’t. That is a factor.

Viewing 25 posts - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,445 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.