Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 354 total)
  • Author
    jlshetler
    Participant

Free

The Roster Matrix currently (09/24/2021 morning) shows Memphis as 31-3, but it looks to be 32-2 (only Dean and Webb on IL).

The Roster Matrix also shows Alec Willis as the lone signed-but-unassigned draftee, but the FCL Cardinals website shows him on that roster:
    https://www.milb.com/florida-complex/roster/1370

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yep, they finally activated Willis to pitch one inning before the season ended. Memphis 32+2 is correct. Thanks!

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Thank you, sir! Any word on what’s going on with still unsigned draftee IF Xavier Casserilla?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The deadline to sign was August 15. So the Cardinals no longer have rights to Casserilla, who goes back into the pool.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I am counting correctly, the Cards will be at 35 players on their 40 man roster after free agents leave. However, Garcia and Mcfarland are possible resigns, so that makes it 37. I don’t think they’ll add Plummer Torres, or Perez, but I think Donovan will be added. ALso, current 40 man members Williams, Dean, and Quezada may be subtracted as well. I also think long shots like Walsh and Pacheco could be added, but likely they would not be taken by others teams in the draft.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I was asked why I haven’t taken the injured players off the IL for the winter. Here is my reply.

The IL does not exist in the offseason. I need to post up a new Matrix for the offseason and at that time, I will remove the IL designations on all affected players. But I want to keep the record of those who ended the season on the IL, so the current Matrix will remain as is.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Thanks, Brian. Will that new Matrix come out after the World Series?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

You’ve got 40+4 for St. Louis but there are 45 players under major-league contracts, right? I’m counting 45 in bold (31+5 in St. Louis and 9 in Memphis). So is it really 41+4 at the moment, and the 40-man roster is over-full?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I was tripped up because I checked with MLB.com. They don’t show Newsome on the 60-day IL, but we were told he is.

With Newsome properly on the 60-day, then StL is 30+6 and the 40-man is 40+5.

The 40-man is full with 30 at StL plus LeBlanc on the 10-day plus the nine at Memphis.

This will all be moot next week, but we should be accurate from the start. Thank you for the editing help!

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Yes, that looks right to me now. Glad to help!

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Though Justin Miller was outrighted to Memphis, he also declared for Free Agency on the same day.

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

So is Justin Miller now considered a major-league or a minor-league free agent?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

A free agent is a free agent.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Ben Baired (FCL) and Paul Schwendel (PEO) released.

Austin Dean claimed off waivers by SF Giants.

Justin Williams and Max Moroff outrighted to Memphis

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Will you include J Miller and Webb among the free agents to track on the matrix? I realize they declared before the World Series ended, but not before this webpage of the Roster Matrix started.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good idea. I will add the two to the MiLB free agents. It is a matter of when we start the clock.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Just noticed on the Milb player page that Engels Martinez has been released. He was last with DSL Red.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Red released RHP Engels Martinez.

Wonder how many other transactions have been made and nothing said about it!? Is this normal, Brian? Or could this be a result of the lockout and nothing being published to the press?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, it appears to be the latter. All of the MiLB.com league player transactions pages have been taken down.

Thanks for the tip on Martinez.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Found a few more players released from the Milb player pages: (I’m retired, so….)

December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Red released RHP Fraimin Marte.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Red released RHP Angel Luna.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Red released RHP Eduar Pimentel.
    No date DSL Cardinals Red Santiago D’Jesus Carbonara – Status: Released
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Red released OF Jose Rodriguez.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Blue released RHP Uriel Curvelo.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Blue released RHP Carlos De La Cruz.
    December 13, 2021 DSL Cardinals Blue released SS Bryan Encarnacion

Bound to be more transactions as we get closer to at least minor league Spring Training! Wonder how many from GCL and Palm Beach may be released or moved up?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the heads up, 64. Much appreciated. MLB using the lockout to restrict MINOR League information is ridiculous.

You are right about the promotional dominoes yet to fall – as well as the fact the Cards just signed 12 players and the DSL rosters were full. Most of the excess will be released as noted, with a few others coming to the US this spring and others to extended spring, I imagine.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Found another one, Brian!

January 24, 2022 – Palm Beach Cardinals SS Darlyn Del Villar retired.

Clearing out some room for some DSL or newly signed players to join PB!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I appreciate your leg work!

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Brian, Have you heard anything about the DSL teams being combined into one team? MiLB shows the DSL Red team has been combined with the Blue, but no players dropped yet. I guess since they don’t start until summer, no official moves are necessary yet. Only players moving up to the Complex league would be impacted by any transactions now. With minor league ST starting soon, you would think some player movement would be happening in the next week or so. Any thoughts?

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 354 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years