Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

It looks like RHP Akeem Bostick didn’t make it on to the new matrix. Is he still at Memphis?

Also, the Redbirds website shows RHP Enrique Saldana on that roster.

-Joe

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Akeem Bostick is not on the Matrix (or on our Memphis roster) because he was released. This was documented on the prior, Spring Training Roster Matrix. Because Enrique Saldana has never played a game outside the Dominican Summer League, his chances of playing for Memphis at this point seem only slightly better than mine. 😉

There are many, many other discrepancies between what “official” MiLB.com rosters show and what is more likely to be current. For members, I posted a detailed article over the weekend explaining exactly why the rosters here are different, player by player.

Interim Cardinals Minor League Roster Adjustments

Participant

Free

Interesting, thank you. Another I just noticed is a catcher named Ryan McCarvel on the Springfield Cardinals website whom I haven’t seen in this matrix.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No offense, but I am not going to go through every player discrepancy on the MiLB sites. That is why I wrote the aforementioned article. You are going to find more and more questions on every roster you check there. You already found three just on Memphis and Springfield. You should contact MiLB and ask them why their rosters are inaccurate. 😉

Ryan McCarvel retired over a year ago. You probably forgot about him because he did not play in 2019 and before that, never got higher than Palm Beach. If you do not want to check the old versions of the Roster Matrix stored here, then enter a player’s name in the blue box with the magnifying glass at the upper right of the page.

Better yet, pony up for a subscription and you won’t have to scrounge for info. We also have a subscriber message board where I answer every question in whatever detail is needed.

Participant

Free

I get your point.

Strange that he should reappear on Memphis’ website re-do after being removed. I will indeed do more research before posting here. I know there have been errors in the matrix in the past, and that you work hard to keep it as accurate as possible. I’ll do my due diligence more… diligently… before posting here.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I do not mean to run you off. I am always interested in correcting mistakes I make, and you don’t know who is right and who is wrong. It is just that there is so much good background and historical material here on the site that is free that folks don’t use – and it frustrates me sometimes. Please do consider a membership, though. For a person as interested in the minors as you appear to be, I believe it is worth your money to get information that you cannot find elsewhere. Granted, I am biased…

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree and I’m not quite as biased as Brian.

When the time becomes right the rosters will be much more meaningful. Until then I’m just waiting for that time. What’s the sense otherwise?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My sense is there will not be a 2020 minor league season. Best case I am hoping for is that they could bring minor leaguers into spring camps and play a shortened season on the back fields. As far as minor leaguers suiting up in 160 locations across the US, I cannot see it happening this year.

It doubly stings for those towns in line to lose their affiliated teams next year as the fans won’t even get a chance to say goodbye. The Cardinals first had an affiliation with Johnson City in 1938 and has continually been linked to the town since 1975. Five league championships in the last 10 years alone.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian –
    I understand your frustration that many things aren’t read. But some posters are only on here for a limited amount of time everyday and go quickly to the latest posts or articles they may have interest in. They miss a lot of the fine things you write and make available.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are correct, of course. I can always do more to educate, but the regulars like you, the ones who keep the site running with your support, may soon tire of me reminding people of draft histories or transaction histories or the like that are here for all to use for free.

It is always a chicken and egg situation. How much do I show people for free so they want to subscribe – but still give value to the paying customers? As you can imagine right now, with no baseball and greater personal hardships, many people are looking to cut expense. So I have given away more content than usual. Yet, when I do put up a subscriber piece, I get questions that are answered in the article. That is frustrating, too, but I just have to deal with it…

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s well worth the small price of subscription for additional information. I will say Brian and I agree on things most of the time. Support the site!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good to hear from you Uncle Denny and thank you for the kind words. I hope you stop by more often to comment – unless you disagree with me. Then, I am probably in trouble! 😉

Participant

Paid - Annual

The folks who are free on here, should seriously consider becoming a paid subscriber to help support Brian, who brings us extraordinary up to date news, a myriad of insights, and the pathway for many of us to share our thoughts.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This site is the top of the line for Cardinals news on every level. A subscription is a no brainer for anyone who cares about the team.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll echo that, stlcard25, but I’ll add that it’s also a must for those who appreciate Brian’s efforts every day of the year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Totally agree.

High quality, insightful information.

Worth every penny.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Much appreciated, folks.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

The prospects and minors stuff is definitely worth the price of admission. I would pay the yearly fee for the prospect articles alone. Brian’s incorporating the member’s views into his prospect rankings is unique as well (I don’t know of any other site that does that.) If you haven’t read the prospect articles from this offseason I highly recommend it. Also some of the user views in the free threads are great and give a wide variety of thoughts on a much bigger pool of prospects than you will get on any other site. Well done Brian and all of the other contributors to this site. I recommend for any fan of the ENTIRE Cardinals organization.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just my thought. As a nearly 40 year local broadcaster /journalist, I certainly believe I know very good journalism when I see it, hear it, or read it. Brian Walton is the hardest working man in baseball. If you love the game and the content that he delivers on a daily basis on baseball in general and more specifically, the Cardinals, get the paid subscription. Then tell the man thanks for an an awesome job that he does. David Black, Cable 15TV in Newport, Arkansas.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years