Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 1,063 total)
  • Author
    jlshetler
    Participant

Free

That reminds me of a related question I keep forgetting to ask: Why do the minor league teams keep separate 7-day and 60-day ILs if neither counts against the team’s active roster limit?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My guess is that a 60-day IL player does not count against the roster maximums at each level but 7-day IL players do. Even so, 60-day IL is not used often in the minors.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

It was obvious Capel way going tô be DFA’d in the off season só the Walsh move would really gain you nothing.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

The Burlson move only makes sense if 1) You have serious doubts about Carson’s return this year and 2) You are 100% sold on Burleson’s hit tool and 3) you are totally convinced he Will be on the opening day roster even if not brought up now. Even then it is somewhat questionable given that Yepez hás been an .800 OPS guy against righties this year. Mo must not be planning tô protect many guys from the rule 5 draft.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Burleson wasn’t Rule 5 eligible until 2023

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

BHC – that is why it only makes senate under the condicions I mentioned

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Brian, I think Memphis should currently (09/16/2022) show 31+2 rather than 30+3, with only Bosiokovic and Walsh on the IL. Correct me if I’m wrong, and thanks as always for keeping this unparalleled resource updated!
    -Joe

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You missed that Aaron Brooks is on the suspended list. Also noted in our Memphis Notebook posted this morning.

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Yes, I missed that!

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

What will be the roster size(s) for the Wild Card Series and Division Series?
    -Joe

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Some house cleaning for the off-season for minor league rosters per team transaction pages:

09/23/22 Palm Beach Cardinals activated OF Alex Iadisernia from the temporarily inactive list.
    09/23/22 Palm Beach Cardinals activated OF Elijah Cabell from the 7-day injured list.
    09/23/22 Springfield Cardinals activated LHP Sean Kealey from the 7-day injured list.
    09/23/22 Springfield Cardinals activated LHP Tyler Pike from the 7-day injured list.
    09/23/22 Springfield Cardinals activated RHP Cory Thompson from the 7-day injured list.
    09/23/22 Springfield Cardinals activated OF Matt Koperniak.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

All that means is that once the seasons are over, there are no more ILs. The players may still be recovering from their injuries.

For the Roster Matrix, here is how I handle it. I wait until the off-season Matrix is posted (at the end of all the clubs’ seasons) to remove players from the IL. Otherwise, when looking back, the players who finished the season on the IL will not be easy to identify because they would appear as active.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW, what is your take on Tyler O’Neill and his chances to make the postseason roster due Friday?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My feeling is that if O’Neill was healthy enough to play, he would have been activated alongside Hicks. Playoff games aren’t a place to rehab.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Then DeLuzio is necessary for the same reasons, as since Carlson and O’Neills injuries.

Keep Yepez over Burleson. Dickerson is the only starter I’d pinch hit for (especially vs lhp’s). Yepez righty bat makes more sense and is more proven this season.

Can’t see how Liberatore makes the 26man postseason roster.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

DSL Cardinals 10/11/22 DSL Cardinals Blue released RHP Oliver Lopez. (per MiLB transaction page)

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Before he would leave as a minor league free agent anyway.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Brian, the last entry of the previous matrix was “10/14: Mem RHP Aaron Brooks released. New organization total: 238 players.” The first entry of the new one is Molina and Pujols’s retirement, but then it gives an organization total of 235. Where did the other player go?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am not sure. I lost a player somewhere during the last matrix period. Just now, I went through my rosters one by one and validated the 235.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dickerson is listed on the STL roster but he is a free agent right?

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 1,063 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.