Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

They must have missed that he came off the IL on June 29 (according to the TCN roster matrix)! I’m glad the “official” record is not really official?!
    Thanks for keeping the record up to date, Brian!

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to see an update on Ian Bedell. He had TJ surgery at the end of May in 2021 and it seems like he should be pitching by now. I know he’s presently on Peoria’s 7-day IL and I’m wondering if he’s had a set back.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I will see what I can find out but my assumption is that he had a setback. I say this because he had progressed as far as throwing live bullpens in spring training. That was five months ago. At that time, he was on track to return in May. That was three months ago.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had high hopes for Bedell. I hope you find out that he’s really okay and he’s just taking longer to recover than most TJ cases.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Fernandez has one option left. I wonder if he won’t be given every chance to stay in St Louis all year next season and keep that option alive.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Fangrahs indicates that Fernandez used his last option this year

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks CC. It appears will be treated like PDL next year.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the FCL Cards added 4 2022 draftee pitchers, and they saw action today.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Apparently Holgate is off the IL and was sent to FCL.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Baez off the IL as well but stays with Palm Beach.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be interesting to see what 2 players the Cards will add in September. My guess is Thompson and Yepez. Not sure who is on practice squad.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Don’t forget about third catcher as a definite possibility. It would give them more flexibility.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

More likely tô be Flaherty and Yepez in September

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

A correction by John Denton:

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

But then I saw this:

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Saw this in the Molina article:

The positive is that Molina is expected to return to the Cardinals on Monday. The question of what is so important for him to again step away remains unanswered.

The reason for his absence was for business purposes. It was also reported that the basketball team he owns in Puerto Rico was playing for a championship this weekend.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I have to say that Molina’s personal business is not impressing me much this year. Of course in 20 years noone will be thinking much about it and at least he isn’t complaining about too many days off. Guessing he wants that record to share with Wainwright or he would have sailed after last year. I wonder if his behavior will have any impact on future coaching gigs if he maintains his interests in things other than baseball

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Brian, Can you confirm this info from MiLB website?

July 29, 2022 DSL Cardinals Blue released SS Maycol Justo.

I thought he was doing well this season. Maybe he asked for his release.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Especially odd as we singled him out for his play the very day before his release. I don’t want to speculate, but I will offer that it is highly unusual.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Thought Walker or Koperniak (Both deserving) would move um tô AAA with the DeLuzio promotion. Guess i was wrong.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I think you were just off with your timing.

One factor is that even after the two moves upward, Memphis still has 29 active players and will be up to 30 on Monday when someone is bumped down for Flaherty (though that may be offset by a DFA to someone). So moving two more up from Springfield (which is just at 28 now) would create an overload/imbalance at Memphis.

There could be some juggling when the lower level seasons end.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

New signing from Cuba! Couldn’t find much info on him.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Here is the more “official” announcement.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m surprised Walsh hasn’t been moved to the 60 day DL, instead of Dfaing Fernandez and Capel. I guess Walsh will pitch again this season, but there doesn’t seem much need for him now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Walsh question has come up several times on different threads recently. To put a 40-man roster minor leaguer on the MLB 60-day IL requires him to be promoted to the majors. That means he gets MLB pay and service time. This doesn’t ever happen (as far as I can recall).

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.