Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,034 total)
  • Author
    MP415d
    Participant

Free

Hicks 15 day IL

MP415d
    Participant

Free

Whitley and Woodford back up. Yadi back

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Oli: “It’s going to be what the club needs.”

We need a rotation pitcher but Hicks is not the answer. I hope that he can get healthy and be a cog in the bullpen wheel.

bccran
    Participant

We have a rotation pitcher who has been used solely out of the pen. His ERA this season is 2.08. Down the stretch last season he had 5 starts and an ERA of 2.51. Why he’s not on the rotation right now is a total mystery.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why he’s not on the rotation right now is a total mystery.

Probably the same reason Schildt is not the manager after going 252-199 and making post season all three years.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any interest for the league minimum?

Even with these struggles, it stands to reason that Keuchel’s track record will earn him some attention from one of the many teams looking for rotation help. A strong defensive team would be a particularly good fit for a groundball pitcher like Keuchel — speculatively speaking, a Cardinals team that has lost Steven Matz, Jordan Hicks, and Jack Flaherty to the injured list could have interest in Keuchel’s services.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Angel Rondon would not be in the mix?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think Pallente also could be considered

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Looks like Naughton with Woodford piggybacking Liberatore today.

Rondon was optioned out just five days ago. Without an IL move, he is ineligible to come back up this soon. Not sure about Naughton but I think we may have decided on another thread that he is still on an earlier option that has gone on beyond 15 days.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Some Minor league roster moves today per Cardinals Player Development:
    05/28/22 Peoria Chiefs placed C Zade Richardson on the 7-day injured list.
    05/28/22 1B/C Luis Rodriguez assigned to Peoria Chiefs from Palm Beach Cardinals.

RHP Sebastian Tabata (FCL) has been released.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarland must have a blister. IL him and get Rondon back up here.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I noticed that Jacob Bosiokovic was activated from the IL on May 10, but hasn’t seen any action since. Is he still hurt or trying to get his arm back to normal? Would have thought they would keep him on the IL to get back in shape. Memphis could really use his arm out of the pen!

1982 willie
    Participant

I read where woodford was sent down again to work on one of his secondary pitches. Marmol said it was performance related. To me he’s getting the short end of the stick, even marmol said he’s outperforming some that are t going down. Now in what world does that make sense. The people in the front office are just full of bull…If this team does anything far as playoffs, they will have earned all the accolades cause they will have had to overcome not only other teams but their own organization.

Lee
    Participant

Totally agree with you Willie. Woodford is certainly getting hosed this year. I hope for his sake that he gets traded to another team that will utilize him; thats probably about 29 other teams.!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Conspiracy theory alert. I wonder if Woody, Shildt and Plummer all ran aground on the same rock.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whitley has disappointed me this year. I thought he was poised for a breakout but his lack of command has hurt him. He probably needs to go back to Memphis and maybe give Walsh another shot.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals OF scramble is going to be really interesting when O’Neill and Carlson return. Noot will surely go back to Memphis but what about Dickerson? And what about Burleson? Is there any chance Yepez goes back down to Memphis?

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Brian, I know some roster changes were made for the beginning of the short season clubs, and I looked on the Milb roster websites for each of our clubs, but I missed what happened to a few players. I cna’t seem to find:
    Miranda
    Almonte
    F Guzman
    They have been on the DSL roster but are not there or on the FCL roster. Is this one of those transactions that just hasn’t made it to the light of day yet?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Apparently. Your conclusion is the same as ours.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Previously, the Cardinals Player Development twitter account hasn’t really replied to tweets directed at them,however they replied to my tweet today regarding Almonte,Miranda and Guzman

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, the Cardinals had confirmed the releases with me yesterday, which was reflected in yesterday’s transactions article and on the Roster Matrix. Now the decks are clear with all players’ status, which is good.

14NyquisT
    Participant

With the additions of McFarland (2021), Naughton, Wittgren, VanHagen and Brooks… one would think that you would have, just by percentages, a pretty good chance of having at least one having some positive stats. Mo saddled the BP with less than mediocre vet question marks. Who said low hanging fruit? Same old thing…. different season.

Will the return of Matz have better results?

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,034 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years