Affiliate observations 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate observations 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Alex Cornwell at PB since May 27th.

29 IP 33k 0bb

3 ER 21 hits

Old for his league but impressive none the less.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yet another way too soon prospect being noticed.

SS Anyelo Encarnacion
    9 games in the DSL
    11 runs scored, 10 hits, 2b, 2 triples, 5 rbis, 4 stolen bases

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another great game by Paniagua. 7 ip, 1 hit, 6 Ks. The Cards should move him to Peoria. I would also move Davila to Palm Beach.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I have been watching Darlin Moquete with Palm Beach. Tied for the lead in HR for the team but struggling to keep his avg. up. I found it interesting that he is listed as an outfielder but has been playing a lot of 2B due to the need for infielders. His numbers in DSL were great but the pandemic really hurt his development. He will need to move quickly through the system to have any chance to get to the big leagues.

That brings up a thought I have been pondering: With the minors missing an entire season two years ago, has the appropriate age for particular levels changed as well? Take into account the shrinking of the lower level minor league teams. Will teams be forced to make quicker decisions on players that are slow to develop and cut a possible “late bloomer”? Would make a great article in a few years to look back on prospects within the organization and how all these factors played into their careers or lack thereof.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chase Pinder is an interesting name. He is old (26) for Springfield, but his numbers are excellent with an OPS over 1000, and 6 homers in 24 games. That coupled with his tendency to get injured makes me think he might be a late bloomer. I would move him up to Memphis, and see if his brief success in 2022 is a mirage. Either way his clock is ticking, and I think he could be a 7 year free agent.

PS after checking I believe he will not have 7 years until after next season.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Congrats!

bccran
    Participant

How about this kid Ryan Loutos out of Washington University in St. Louis. Not exactly a baseball factory. He was pitching for Wash U last Spring and now finds himself at AAA. What a neat hometown story.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Pinder is really interesting. Has his constant place on the IL allowed him to develop his strength? Is his brother just as injury prone.

He seems like fools gold, but sure does glitter brightly each time he plays for the past two seasons.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I must say that I didn’t see the DFA of Rondon coming. I hope he isn’t claimed and can stay in the organization. I think he could still be a good bullpen piece for us like Oviedo and Fernandez.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Should have kept Rondon and DFA’d Woodford.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Did I miss some news on Dejong? He hasn’t had an at bar since June 28th

bccran
    Participant

Anyone know what’s happened with Joshua Baez?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about this kid Ryan Loutos out of Washington University in St. Louis.

I’ve been following Loutos and it is a fairy tale thing. Division 3 school, 50 or 60 pro innings and he’s in AAA. Did fine at Springfield in 20 or so innings. Got roughed up yesterday. He’s had a cup of coffee at each level this year.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I live maybe 5 miles from where Washington University in STL plays and used to go up there a couple times a year until the pandemic. I don’t remember Loutos, but there isn’t much reason to pay attention to who the players are, its just fun to watch baseball up close and personal.

bccran
    Participant

BB – my catcher in high school stayed local for college and caught for Wash U.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did I miss some news on Dejong? He hasn’t had an at bar since June 28th

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Any update on the Walsh and Whitley injuries?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yet another gem by Paniagua. 8 innings of 1 hit ball, 8 strikeouts. Last 2 starts he has given up 2 hits in 15 innings.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walsh was placed on the 7-day minor-league injured list due to a right elbow injury June 7.

Walsh has been sidelined for several weeks, and he received a PRP injection in his right elbow Friday, Jeff Jones of the Belleville News-Democrat reports. The right-hander will be shut down for approximately six weeks, and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll return to game action prior to the end of the regular season.

FYI on a Walsh update. He could be a candidate for moving to the 60 day DL.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Curious that Willis hasn’t pitched this season? I wish there was more news. Big rosters don’t help information, as DL moves aren’t as necessary.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thompson, Pacheco, and even Loutos are toiling at Memphis have to be better than McFarland and Verhagen. But $$$ will prevail.

bccran
    Participant

Question. What Cardinal minor league pitcher has 48 strikeouts in 27 1/3 innings?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Too easy. 2 year Hence he could be in the Major League rotation.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Did the organization totally forget that they have a team in Peoria? I can’t see how they can score any runs at all now. They’ve given up 9 players to Springfield and haven’t gotten much help from Palm Beach.
    It can’t be a positive for individual progress but being on the Chiefs can’t be helping.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.