Affiliate observations 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate observations 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m assuming Fletcher’s vision has been checked.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Some players couldn’t do that if they tried. Maybe Fletcher wants to keep his sign on money then become a lawyer.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Fletcher got a hit! Fletcher got a hit!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Griffin Roberts struck out the side in the 9th for PB, a 7-6 win (5th win in a row against the 40-27 St. Lucie) and got his second win in 4 seasons (’20 DNP). Lifetime he’s pitched in 29 games with 15 starts. You’d think he’d have more than 2 wins.

Jack Ralston may be shut down for ’22.

Peoria played their game in 2:17. A 1-0 lose to South Bend. Gragg pitched 5 inn. of shut out ball.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Why do you say that about Ralston?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What is Walsh’s status? I hope he not out long.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any chance Roberts can finish this year? And where would he pitch once his rehab is deemed complete? Maybe Roberts can help the Springfield bullpen.

14NyquisT
    Participant

cc…. Jack is pitching very un-Ralston-like in his rehab at Palm Beach. In the game Saturday 0.0 IP 4 BB 22 pitches 6 strikes and a wild pitch. Since it is his rehab assignment he just doesn’t seem ready. Perhaps I shouldn’t have made that remark but just using similar historic results.

Incredible…. Both Springfield (NWA) and Palm Beach (St Lucie) swept their 6 game series. St.Lucie is the 1st-place team. Unbelievable. Springfield got some good pitching by McGreevy and Leahy and St. Lucie got two super-well games from Cornwell.

Scotty Hurst…. 9 hits in his last 3 games for Memphis. He’s only getting starts because Nootbaar went back up to STL. He went into the series batiing .191 and ended up coming out with a .257 avg.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Any word on why Waddell has not pitched since June 15? Is he injured?

C27, I read somewhere that Walsh had a setback and return is unknown.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hence’s numbers have been great except for 1 start. Yesterday he struck out 8 of 10 batters he faced.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

When Hence is allowed to pitch more than three innings, I will be even more excited.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I noticed on the Palm Beach website that Tre Fletcher’s roster status had changed, and they list it as he has been suspended! Any clue what this was for?

bccran
    Participant

Need your help. I’ve always checked the affiliates’ box scores everyday. Now I only check Memphis and Springfield. Outside of Baez and Cho, there’s no position player below AA that grabs my attention. Are there any position players down there that truly excite other posters? Not just guys who may get a cup of coffee someday.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I do the same BC, when you look at the box scores with OPS, it’s a bit saddening.

DSL – I look for Mejia, Rodriguez and Justo. Rodriquez is a catcher that’s doing quite well.

FSL – Cho for sure, don’t believe Baez has seen any action yet, which is odd. Pino and Grant are ones you should keep an eye on. Pino is off to a decent start.

PB – Paniagua has the best chance of being a MLB regular or more. Still follow Torres, then Tink, Nunez, Jimenez and Jake Burns (C from Australia)

Peoria – Tovalin and Jones on the hitting side and not to many to be excited about on the pitching side currently.

Hope that helps find a few fellas to root for.

bccran
    Participant

Thanks, ChiTown. I’ve followed Torres and Nunez in the past. Know about Paniagua. And really liked Jones when he was drafted. Will start checking on the rest. Thanks again for the help.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fletcher’s roster status was changed to suspended on June 28. Haven’t seen anything else about it.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Bling, or anyone, do the minor leagues still give the big suspension for marijuana? Aka what Reyes got suspended for?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

do the minor leagues still give the big suspension for marijuana? Aka what Reyes got suspended for?

That last I was current on that was a year or so ago. At that time MiLB did not suspend for testing positive for marajuana. A player could get disciplined for being at any team function including games and practices while appearing impaired, and also for violating any local laws concerning possession etc.

Somewhere I have a link to an article that described the situation, I will post it if/when I find it.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Antico promoted tô Springfield. Not surprising considering his age.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Fletcher may have gotten frustrated and packed it in. Couldn’t blame him. (Purê speculatjon)

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“Outside of Baez and Cho, there’s no position player below AA that grabs my attention. Are there any position players down there that truly excite other posters? Not just guys who may get a cup of coffee someday.”

It’s just rookieball, and only 57 trips to the dish, but I have one name for you, cranny. The little guy on the Florida Complex team, Samil De La Rosa. He’s 18 and listed at 5′ 8″ and 175 (pretty sturdy, come to think of it). He was superficially very good in the Dominican Summer League last year with a 134 OPS+, but his mediocre BB/K numbers muted my interest. I confess his limited size sorta rebuffed me, too. I imagined a guy with no pop whatsoever.

(Brief aside re Samil’s plate discipline. In the DSL, the BB/K numbers for real, true future MLB hitters tend to be very VERY good, like 1:1 on average. Any level of pro baseball above the DSL, the expected ratios normalize immediately to 1:2 being acceptable, 2/3 being the threshold for “good,” and 1:1 being tremendous. So De La Rosa’s 14/28 BB/K last year in the DSL was fairly poor.)

After his 4-for-5 game yesterday, including his 4th longball, De La Rosa is hitting roughly .290/.370/.600 in Florida, and his plate discipline numbers haven’t collapsed with the move up from the Dominican League, as unfortunately happens so frequently with hitters. He’s walking 9% and whiffing 19%, which is okay, especially when showing power like he has. And speaking of the power, here’s the Florida Complex leaders in isolated slugging thus far (min. 30 PAs, and age 18 and under only):

1) Samil De La Rosa .314
    2) Samuel Basallo .208
    3) Nikau Pouaka-Grego .206
    4) Luis Garcia .204
    5) Jhonny Piron .184

As you can see, cranny, Samil has really separated himself at the (very, very, very) early stage. It won’t continue, because he’s so small. (A 5′ 8″ guy might be a hitter, to be sure, however he will of course never be an uber-elite power hitter.) But the mere fact that the kid could homer 4 times in 15 games, at any stretch of his career…well, let’s just say that Delvin Perez hit his 4th career homer in roughly his 300th professional game.

I would place De La Rosa in my top 20-25 Cardinals prospects already. Don’t have any idea if he’ll stick on the infield or can run well enough for the outfield…but I like what he’s shown with the lumber so far. Because he must be doing it with bat speed, not brute strength.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

INF Brady Whalen has been transferred from Palm Beach (A) to Peoria (A+)

SS Mack Chambers (A+) has been placed on the 7-day IL.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Whalen promoted? I thought since they hadnt promoted him already they were Just going tô use him for filler in the FSL. I guess now he will be filler in Peoria. He’s a free agent at the end of the year

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

In the GCL we seldom had players with .800 OPS. In the FCL we have several.

New FCL player on my watch list is the pitcher Rincón.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years