Affiliate observations 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate observations 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Eck had a terribly weak arm but it became a C- after considerable coaching.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Having played 3B, Walker’s arm shoud be strong. Accuracy might be another thing.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

bling, you may have missed this response in the Soto trade thread:

Walker had a low 90s fastball in high school according to his scouting report on the 2020 Cardinals top 30 prospects on MLB.com.

I think that would translate into a strong enough arm. I would also assume some degree of accuracy since he was a pitcher.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Did I miss some Delven Perez news? He is not listed as on the IL in the roster matrix but he is also not listed on the Memphis roster. (Of course they still have Dakota Hudson listed on the Memphis roster from his rehab stint.)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Perez is in the Memphis box score from yesterday. PH in top of the 9th and played 3B in the bottom.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

They also had Irving Lopez on the IL for weeks while he was playing. Nothing going on with Perez. He remains active.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another pitcher deserving a promotion is Baker for Palm Beach.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think it was the DSL Cards game where there were 25 walks between both teams. Wow!!

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

25 walks and 22 strikeouts! And 17 runs! Lol!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One new thing, I think, is that you can now check all minor league scores by organization on one milb page. Before you had to search full season clubs, and rookie leagues.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

FYI, Palm Beach is playing Bradenton this week, which has a video feed. Hence pitches tomorrow. I’ll be excited to watch him. If you have Milbtv, you can watch this.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Watching the Palm Beach game tonight. It appears this team has speed. There was 3 dribblers hit in a row, and all ended up beating out the throws. Averages aren’t great, but team speed is encouraging. Mostly first year signings.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The way things are going it’s time to watch milb. My question is, how has Leahy kept a starting job all year? His era has been a solid 6+ all year. Is his uncle Mo?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Springfield’s team ERA is 5.49, highest in the system by a lot. Not much going well except for Graceffo and McGreevy and even they are showing wear…

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The St. Louis transaction page also lists that they signed a player who actually signed with Miami. The MLB dot com people are having a rough time it seems.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Watched Hences first inning. 94-97 mph fastball, with dominant life, and plenty of swing and misses, sharp slider. He has an easy delivery, and appears to be able to throw a lot of strikes. Threw 80 % fastballs.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hence ended up pitching 3 innings. In the third inning he allowed a double and a single with a run scoring. Struck out 5. Pretty much lived up to what I have heard about him. Live stuff with good control.

14NyquisT
    Participant

First baseman Chandler Redmond’s “home run cycle” (0-on 1-on 2-on grand slam) was impressive. But more impressive was that he did it consecutive innings. (5th 6th 7th and 8th). Past incredible.

bccran
    Participant

BHC –
    It’s fun to check both major and minor league transactions every day. I simply google “mlb transactions” and “milb transactions”. Keeps one up to date.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Redmond historic night is awesome, but he isn’t much of a prospect.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks easy to pick player and pitcher of the day. Paniaugua allows 1 hit in 6 1/3 innings for Peoria, and 18 year old catcher for the Beach birds goes 4 for 4 with 2 homers.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking forward to seeing Paniaugua, Willis, Davila, and Hemce as our next wave of young pitchers. Paniagua is a little further along, but the others possibly could be MLB ready in 2 to 3 years. 3 of the 4 have shown good control, and good K rates, although Willis has only 5 professional innings. but he has darn near been unhittable.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had lost track of the question I raised a couple weeks ago about Walker’s arm strength. Thanks Forsch and others for the info.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Speaking of Walker.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the Cardinals might be one of the best teams in finding useful depth of undrafted free agents. Players like Loutos, Koperniak, Buchberger, and Yeager have been shrewd signings. Loutos is even ranked in the top 30 by BA.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.