Affiliate observations 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate observations 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

bcc…. I agree with you about the fillers you mentioned, none of them are doing particularly well this season. I brought up Antico because I kept seeing in the box scores that he was getting walked, stealing bases and scoring runs at a swift clip. I also wondered why he was leading off every game. Its an observation that I wanted to share.
    ps…. They may want to push him up to Springfield to test him out against better catchers arms. Who the h… knows.

bccran
    Participant

14 –
    Some of these kind of guys may be able to eventually contribute as a short term replacement for an injured player, late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner, etc. Antico’s got some intrigue to him because of his flat out speed and ability to play all 3 outfield position.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Antico is an interesting prospect. If he can hit for average, and get on base that obviously improves his chances. At the very least, he could be a 4th outfielder with speed and defense off the bench. He might make an ideal leadoff man.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The rosters for the Complex and Dsl leagues are huge. It has to be hard to manage playing time. The Cards could use one more rookie league team.

bccran
    Participant

Our minor league starters so far this season –

Oviedo – 5.58 ERA / 1.32 WHIP
    Thompson – 4.67 / 1.15
    Thomas – 4.07 ERA / 1.27
    Libby – 3.83 / 1.20
    Rondon – 3.13 / 1.36

Leahy – 6.06 / 1.65
    Roach – 4.49 / 1.34
    Robles – 4.62 / 1.44
    Lunn – 4.70 / 1.33
    Escobar – 6.13 / 1.56
    Williams – 4.71 / 1.10
    Graceffo – 1.78 / 0.83
    McGreevy – 3.06 / 1.15

Love – 7.40 / 1.78
    Rodriguez – 3.55 / 1.07
    Gragg – 4.71 / 1.21
    Mills – 4.18 / 1.30

Paniagua – 2.33 / 1.22
    Baker – 2.06 / 1.14
    Guarate – 4.93 / 1.37
    Gerard – 4.08 / 1.64
    Moreno – 1.36 / 1.58

bccran
    Participant

All the Memphis starters may have a chance to be in the Cardinal rotation or bullpen some day, but it seems to be a little bleak below that with the exception Graceffo, McGreevy, and Paniagua.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Add Hence tô that exception list.

bccran
    Participant

Very true, CC. Thanks for the reminder.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Antico with 3 extra base hits and his OPS is a team leading 783. Good chance tô finish the year in Springfield.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Don’t look now, but Paul DeJong is 14-45 (.311) for his last 11 Memphis games.
    And much more importantly, 7 homers and just 7 strikeouts during that same stretch. It’s time to bring him back and see if any of that power/plate discipline carries over.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tre Fletcher, after striking out 16 times in 16 PAs with Palm Beach, struck out three more times in three plate appearances with the Florida Complex League team yesterday. Ouch. I wonder if that’s a professional record?

bccran
    Participant

Fletcher is one of the biggest bust draftees in Cardinal draft history.
    Sure hope Baez is the real deal.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

19 for 19 Ks?

You’d think he would accidentally put the ball in play a couple of times…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was wondering if Cards doctors have checked out Fletchers eyesight. Maybe a long shot, but Pham had vision problems that were corrected by contacts/glasses.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In the way too early OPS stats for our Complex league team, there are 4 standouts.SS Espinoza has a 1.108, 1B Reynosa 1.764, RF Cordoba 1.283, and De La Rosa 1.353. I hope some can stay anywhere close to these numbers.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Antico a favorite of mine. If he can continue playing the way he has lately, he’d move into my top 30.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I’d order Fletcher tô bunt. Just tô get the streak off his back.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

If I were his friend or coach or uncle, I’d tell Tre Fletcher to retire from pro baseball right now with this perfect record intact. Seriously. He has no future in the sport, not as a player. So why not have an unbreakable record for futility? One brand of immortality is better than none.

Antico’s had to carry that team since Winn was promoted, and that’s a heavy burden. I wonder if he could maybe be a 4th/5th outfielder at some point down the line if his glove is good — problem is, both BPro and Clay Davenport’s evaluation systems say Antico is not a good defender of the great green baize.

“In the way-too-early OPS stats for our Complex League team, there are 4 standouts. SS Espinoza has a 1.108, 1B Reynosa 1.764, RF Cordoba 1.283, and De La Rosa 1.353. I hope some can stay anywhere close to these numbers.”

Thanks for providing those numbers, 27. I looked it up, and those guys are all teenagers, too. Don’t know whether 18 or 19 is more age-appropriate for guys at that level. (As I’m sure you’re aware, until a couple years ago there were three levels of play in between the Dominican Summer League and full-season Low-A ball. Now there’s just one. Sigh. Which is really, really, really short-sighted cheapskatery, and dumb. But there you have it.) But anyway, the performances are fun so far.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ralston and Roberts pitched in the FCL yesterday. The 2 rehabbers pitched a scoreless inning each. Both may help Springfields bullpen.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach won 5-0 today. Hence, Moreno, and Garcia combined to no hit Dunedin. Hence May get a chance to move up to Peoria before this season ends. Hence has had 5 3 inning outings. 24 Ks in 15 innings. Hopefully he can be on track to pitch at Springfield next year.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/palm-beach-cardinals-throw-no-hitter

Nice article about Hence and the no hitter. Lots of stats on his outing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

I was getting Peoria’s 22 y.o. Francisco Hernandez and Palm Beach’s 20 y.o. Brandon Hernandez mixed up in my mind while checking the affiliates. Maybe because they both play 2nd base. Hernandez is a common name but it turns out that they are brothers or perhaps cousins…. both were born in Montreal Que. Knowing that solves my problem.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Didn’t see it noted elsewhere but Fletcher’s consecutive strikeout streak ended at 24. He currently stands 0-28 on the year with 25 k’s.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 228 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.