2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 456 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What did the announcers say about how many times the Natties had a runner in scoring position, like they were 4 for 16?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is Munoz’ rooftop blast.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gameday has Nats 3-for-15 with RISP.

Participant

Free

sad to say Baders strikeouts returned today.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Where is Pugs? Looks like Fagalde is coming in.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Very good outing by Fagalde

Participant

Free

FaGalde according to ESPN box score.

Also Cecil returned to the norm. lol

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards lose 9-6.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Saw that Cecil took the loss, although did not see or hear anything regarding the game. Is it the same old Brett – possibly the worst free agent signing in Cardinal history?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil was behind on the count to the first 3 or 4 hitters, and walked in a run. He has a mountain to climb to make the team IMO. There are just too many more deserving candidates at this early point in camp.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, this approach backfired miserably as both Elledge and Reyes were not good today.

Participant

Free

Did I miss something, where has Tyler Webb been? I don’t recall him getting an inning so far.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So I didn’t get to watch the game today but looking at the box score I have to admit I’m worried about Reyes. I know its only ST but after the past 3-4 years with him this is the not the start I or anyone had hoped for.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CFICT asked:

Did I miss something, where has Tyler Webb been? I don’t recall him getting an inning so far.

No, he hasn’t pitched. Neither has Brebbia or Miller. Or Griffin Roberts or Ricardo Sanchez. Or Nabil Crismatt or Akeem Bostick. So goes it with 39 pitchers in camp.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC said:

So I didn’t get to watch the game today but looking at the box score I have to admit I’m worried about Reyes. I know its only ST but after the past 3-4 years with him this is the not the start I or anyone had hoped for.

I suggest you try out my approach. Keep Reyes expectations very low.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope Edman is working out in CF on fields 1 and 6 in the mornings.

Participant

Free

BHC wrote: So I didn’t get to watch the game today but looking at the box score I have to admit I’m worried about Reyes.

Good to worry about Reyes but also include Cecil in your negative thoughts. A couple others should not be dismissed also. IIRC Danny said each pitcher had a run counted against them today. Haven’t seen the box yet.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I suggest you try out my approach. Keep Reyes expectations very low.

Unfortunately, that’s about all we can do anymore. The Cards have been cursed when it comes to top prospects.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just want to distinguish the difference between “expectations” and “hopes”. One can still have the latter while being realistic about the former.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lineup for home game vs. Marlins with Kim starting.

1. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    2. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) DH
    4. Yadier Molina (R) C
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Yairo Munoz (R) SS
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) 2B
    9. Julio Rodriguez (R) 1B

Lineup for road game at Astros with Cabrera taking the ball.

1. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    2. Tommy Edman (S) 3B
    3. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    4. Rangel Ravelo (R) 1B
    5. Brad Miller (L) LF
    6. Lane Thomas (R) CF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Justin Williams (L) RF
    9. Ivan Herrera (R) DH

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if will come in to play during the regular season but Shildt seems interested in taking a look at Yadi batting 4th. This is the second or third time this spring he has tried it.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like lineup #1 better than #2. I guess squad 2 is what we’ll get to watch if we can though.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if will come in to play during the regular season but Shildt seems interested in taking a look at Yadi batting 4th. This is the second or third time this spring he has tried it.

I can’t imagine that Yadi will hit there during the season. It has to be that they want to get his at bats in early.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Love seeing Julio get the start at 1b and HErrera at Dh

yuck yuck from some pitchers yesterday who are guys if we want to feel like having a great pen is a big strength….

Cecil…control is his problem..i guess that happens when you basically dont pitch enough for 3yrs….break on the balls is still great but he cant set anyone up to use it because he cant locate anything else… still…he didnt entirely implode

Reyes…control too…i guess it is early, and still being rusty is a real thing…but i didnt see anything yesterday that made me think he can even be a thought for the rotation. without being able to get through batters on less pitches i dont see it… still early…still great talent…

as for hitting…yuck again…what 5 hits> before the couple in the 9th? And how many were Ravelo? The DeJong HR again was basically the whole offense combined with a Munoz solo HR

None of that screams we have made any improvements to the offense or offensive strategy. just running into hanging pitches for HRs is not a good strategy. Have we even put together 3 hits in an inning once?

Wong’s triple AB was nice to see, Ravelo is having a nice run but is not a difference maker.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 456 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years