2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 456 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pitchers after Gant today: LHP Austin Gomber, LHP Brett Cecil, LHP Tyler Webb and LHP Giovanny Gallegos.

Sunday after starter Dakota Hudson will be LHP Genesis Cabrera, RHP John Brebbia and RHP Kodi Whitley.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant has been solid today with three no hit innings. 2 walks, 2 Ks. The Cards lead it 1-0.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Nice outing for Gant. Now can Gomber repeat his last performance.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t agree that Tuckers hit was a triple. It was a double and an error on Williams. Williams has looked marginal defensively this camp. Gomber pitching well.

1982 willie
    Participant

Personally I haven’t liked what I have seen of Williams in spring training.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Willie, I agree on Williams. I am surprised at how much playing time they are giving him in RF. He will not be heading north.

I am very surprised at the lackadaisical look of the Astros. We have played them four times including a couple with their ‘names’ in the lineup and yet they have not shown any inkling of being the kick arse team they are supposed to be. Maybe there is a mental side to the cheating scandal afterall.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Anybody know anything about the skippers new wife. Inquirng minds (read-my wife) would like to know. Hope she is not a Cubs fan….LOL

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MM3, her name before the wedding was Michelle Lee Segrave. She goes by Michelle Lee Shildt on Instagram. Her handle is @rfskinbiz. And you can rest easy, her and the kids are Cardinals fans.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Dylan Carlson really really making it harder for the Cardinals to not include him on the opening day roster.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In Sunday’s game, Junior Fernandez was not sharp, allowing an inherited runner from Hudson to score on a walk and double in the fourth. Cabrera yielded a solo HR in the fifth. 3-2 Cards.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I don’t understand how Williams is getting so many looks – and they have not, for the most part, been impressive.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Funny you should say that. Just yesterday, Mark Saxon wrote the opposite.

• One of the puzzling aspects this spring has been the relative lack of audition time for outfielder Justin Williams, who has gotten just 21 at-bats. Williams was billed as being in competition to win an outfield spot, and his left-handed power would make him seem like a natural fit in a crowd of right-handed-hitting outfielders. The team was not thrilled with his conditioning coming off 31 games in the Mexican Winter League, sources indicate. Williams has just two hits, but both are home runs.

The funny thing is that at the time, Wiliams had more ABs than O’Neill and just three less than Thomas and Carlson. He just isn’t doing anything with them. In my view, Williams has not looked good in the outfield at all. He looks to be behind the others rightfully.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals plan to start lefty Kwang Hyun Kim (0-0, 0.00 ERA) Monday against the Minnesota Twins at Ft. Myers. It will be the fourth spring appearance for Kim and his second start. Also listed to pitch are RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon and RHP Alex Reyes.

1982 willie
    Participant

I think Hudson looked good today. I thought hitting wise we were fine. I like what bader is doing as well as oneil. Carlsson , yea though he didn’t geta hit, he still looked good. I know everyone wants him to make the team but I prefer him to get more bats at triple A. At this point unless something changes, im giving oneil the starting left field spot with Thomas on the bench. Bader at center. Now if it was really my decision id lose fowler and have thomas in right. But that isn’t going to happen so there it is. Fowler has to be hitting about .70 now. Rediculous.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals pitching issued 7 walks today, the Marlins 5. Hudson looked good to me, also, but only for the first inning. For the rest of the time there were those walks, and too many fly balls, and too many high pitch counts. About the only time this game didn’t drag on was when Cabrera was pitching.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Monday’s road lineup with Kim starting.

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    2. Max Schrock (L) 2B
    3. Rangel Ravelo (R) DH
    4. Austin Dean (R) RF
    5. Justin Williams (L) LF
    6. Lane Thomas (R) CF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. John Nogowski (R) 1B

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

A new band – Carpenter and the Scrubs!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards beat the Twins, 3-0. Combined shutout by Kim, Ponce and Reyes. The latter allowed two runners in the ninth. Double and HR for Dean.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Kim and Ponce both looked very good, that fifth spot is going to be a tough decision for Mo and the newly married guy. Kim, Ponce and Gomber have all been impressive and a case could be made for all of them to get the spot. Long term, Gomber seems the one that could develop into a #2 starter type for multiple years on the Cards, but that’s just my untrained eye test.

Reyes once again showed flashed of dominance, but just misses on 10-20% of his pitches which gets him into big trouble. Starting in the Memphis rotation to build up his durability and find his control is undoubtedly the best option for him.

I missed the game yesterday, did Junior look completely awful or just a little off?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Junior was out of synch and couldn’t find his rhythm. It just wasn’t his day. I’d chalk it up as an outlier.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim has been outstanding so far. Quality strike thrower with a lot of movement on his pitches.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Thanks mud. He was great in his other outings.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tuesday’s lineup at the Red Sox behind Jack Flaherty:

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Matt Wieters (S) C
    5. Rangel Ravelo (R) 1B
    6. Brad Miller (L) 3B
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) DH
    9. Dylan Carlson (S) RF

Note Brad Miller is finally back.

RHP Junior Fernandez, LHP Tyler Webb and LHP Giovanny Gallegos are also listed to pitch.

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 456 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.