Jnevel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 4,476 through 4,500 (of 4,662 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215478
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    They continue to throw low breakers to Burly

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215471
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This is our big chance of an inning guys

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215470
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Arica and Acuna both did Jordan a favor swinging at his first pitch. Down goes his ERA. He’ll be under 10 one of these days!

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215468
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Very insightful Euro!

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215467
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Looks like they are just letting Hicks pitch through his issues. But he’s starting to really run up his pitch count.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215465
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nick Anderson did a fantastic job of hitting all the edges/corners and moving the ball around. Very tough on us. Glad we’re likely getting someone else next.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215463
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    And there’s a homer. I’d like another thank you.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215460
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Hicks can’t be sent to AAA. So either he figures it out, gets released, or gets traded. I’m hoping for the former. They changed how he’s throwing his breaking pitches this year so it may just take a little adjustment time. But it sure has been ugly so far.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215457
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Well, he is dead. So I’m pretty sure you’re right.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215453
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Euro, I hope that’s not their plan!

    All of those ERAs are likely inflated. But Mikolas is the only one that I’m sure is inflated. The rest could be real or close to reality.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215450
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It took Jordan 6 pitches to get one in the zone.

    But I’m not giving up hope on him. He’s been effective as a reliever. Just had a bad stint as a starter.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215447
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Stlcard25 – that last one he gave up to Acuna probably could have been caught. I’m fairly confident that Bader would have gotten it. But still, it’s a long long fly ball that you don’t want to see.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215445
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    5 curveballs below the zone to Burleson in a row striking him out swinging. Ugh.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215442
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    All right then. Well, at least 2 innings from the great Andre P then. Begin to stretch him out. It’s going to be important later. Just like last year.

    Nice job by Thompson to befuddle the Braves for an inning and 2/3.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215439
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Hmmm . . . Sticking with Thompson. That wasn’t the plan I just drew up and sent to Ollie. Must be a communication breakdown.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215438
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Almost a 3-run homer from O’Neil. But almost doesn’t count for much, does it?

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215436
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Ok. Thompson does his job. Now let’s get another run back.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215435
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    2/3 of an inning for Thompson. 3 innings for Pallante. Then Gallegos makes his first appearance and saves an 8-6 game after we go ahead in the 8th. That’s how I’m drawing it up.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215432
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’d love to see Pallante pitch 3 innings tonight and begin to stretch himself out. After Liberatore, I think he’s the next best choice. Better than Hudson.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215427
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    There you go Jordan!

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215421
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    So if Flaherty is hurt and Woodford isn’t the answer, who do they go with besides Liberatore in the near term? Hudson? Stretch out Pallante?

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215419
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Mikolas will be fine. Montgomery will be at least average. And I think Matz will be good if he stays healthy. But I’m worried about Flaherty and Wainwright and I just have very little confidence in Woodford. But on the plus side, Liberatore looks really good. I’m crossing my fingers that Graceffo and Connor Thomas will be ready in a few months as well.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215418
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I know. But he’s really never been very good. I do like the way they’ve been mixing up his pitches better than in the past – trying to maximize his better pitches. And I was really hoping he may have made enough changes to be serviceable.

    in reply to: 2023 Game #4: Monday 4/3 vs. Atlanta #215414
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I was excited to see Woodford that I’m always hearing about on this site – how great he is and how Ollie is so crazy not to let him pitch. But now after watching 3 deep flies plus a ground rule double and a few singles mixed in – in the first 2 innings I’m thinking our Cardinal Nation scouts need to re-evaluate why they think he’s so good. Small sample size I know, but it’s really ugly watching the Braves tee off on him.

    in reply to: Cardinals 2023 schedule #215374
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Good point GScottar. I like the balance too that this brings a team.

Viewing 25 posts - 4,476 through 4,500 (of 4,662 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years