Yadier Molina Contract Extension??

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Yadier Molina Contract Extension??

Viewing 16 posts - 301 through 316 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am sure the marketing department on Clark Avenue is strongly advocating for Mo to bring Yadi and Waino back and I get that to a certain degree. Cardinal fans like their legends but you also have to consider are the majority of Cardinal fans going to be excited if the same exact team from 2020 is rolled out again in 2021 minus Wong?

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I think 2021 will be better on the field if both Molina and Wainwright come back BUT I am almost certain 2022 will be better if they don’t play for the Cardinals in 2021 because the short term pain will allow the Cardinals to see what they have for depth and make better off season decisions after the 2021 season.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Really thought-provoking point of view, ZTR. Thank you for sharing it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

the short term pain will allow the Cardinals to see what they have for depth and make better off season decisions after the 2021 season.

Hmmm…. with Molina playing every game.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ny, I believe you misunderstood ZTR’s point.

Participant

Paid - Annual

ZTR, I agree with your post and I have advocated that the Cardinals do this in the past. They need to stop kicking the can down the road in order to sell a few more tickets. We need some new blood on this team and letting the younger guys play in 2021 in anticipation for a big 2022 makes sense. We can’t hang onto the past forever.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is from C-70 At The Bat (Cards Conclave)on Molina

It’s also perhaps worth noting that he hit .328 from when he returned from the COVID-IL until Knizner was sent down, then .217 the rest of the way. Part of that is being rested, of course, but it goes on the pile of evidence that Molina is motivated, in part, by making sure nobody takes his job.

Seems like its all about Yadi. Is it that obvious?

So much for the myth that Molina helps out the young catchers coming up… au contrare

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Avatar14NyquisT.
    Participant

Free

ZTR:

My head is spinning after reading that and I can honestly say I never thought of it that way before. But I think you have solved the mystery of the Cardinals front office malaise.

Participant

Paid - Annual

This was on Cards Conclave talking about Shildt:

Shildt’s tactics aren’t always above reproach (and I think he does better when he allows himself to be aggressive) but his management of players (save perhaps Yadier Molina, who again feels like he outranks everyone)

I may be banging the same drum but there is something about the tail wagging the dog that irks me.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This decision would seem to impact Molina…

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Because the Yankees want Sanchez to have a two year mentor and an insurance policy if his bat continues downward?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Surprising Philly isn’t on Yadi’s list.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Despite all of Yadi’s demands and loco comments plus his rapidly declining defense… some team with a bag fall of $$ might swoop in and fly off with Molina. Fingers crossed.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

14NyquisT? Are you keeping your fingers crossed that some teams swoops off with Molina? Or that he does end up back in St. Louis?

Personally I hope he goes.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Molina should sign with St.Louis and will be better than anyone we could reasonably sign, but other teams interest will drive his price outside of reason.

Viewing 16 posts - 301 through 316 (of 316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years