Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Alexander Fagalde. A control artist who has been great at every level til a late season blip, he should get back on track next year.

28. Jack Ralston. I’m putting him ahead of #29 because I think he has the best shot to remain a starter. He’s probably more a #4/5 guy but he had a stellar debut and could rise through the system quickly.

29. Andre Pallante. Another 2019 draftee, he had a solid debut with a sub 3 ERA, excellent WHIP and good K rate. He may end up a reliever, but has good upside. We desperately need starters and the three draftees (Locey, Ralston and Pallante) plus possibly Logan Gragg could provide a nice gap filler for the organization in a year or two.

30. Justin Toerner. None of these four are “edgy” picks but all four could end up in the big leagues. Toerner had that incredible April but struggled at times. Still, he had a .792 OPS in Palm Beach which is an accomplishment. He’s got an excellent batting eye, as he’s put up solid walk rates in his time with the Cards. He’s got potential to play all the OF spots and has hit fairly well at every stop. He could be a 4th OF down the road, and as a lefty, that gives him an edge. He should start 2019 at Springfield.

Participant

Paid - Annual

27- Ralston – Tall with windmill type delivery, throws 92-94, could move fast in relief, however I think they will try him in the rotation. High spin curve, and gets plenty of swings and misses due to his delivery.
    28- Pallante – Low 90’s fastball, plus slider, drew lots of soft contact, very good year in minors. Again, will be tried as starter at Peoria most likely.
    29- Escobar – Throws 92-94, nice breaking ball, gets plenty of swing a misses. Has closer type stuff, and will likely be challenged at Springfield in 2020. Has closer type stuff.
    30- Burgos – He was tearing up DSL until brought stateside with GCL Cards. His stats in DSL reminded me of Nunez’s. Struggled at GCL, which was predictable. Don’t know where he may be placed, Johnson City likely, with an outside chance at Peoria after the weather warms up a bit, a la Nunez and Torres did this season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Juan Yepez: I thought Yepez had a very solid year and the organization must have thought so also because he made it from Peoria all the way to Springfield. His numbers aren’t eye popping and he may or may not make it to St. Louis but he is a very steady , above average minor league player and at age 21 he still has time to make a name for himself.

28. Alex Fagalde: He is one of my favorite players in our system. I like overachievers. A former 30th round draft pick without elite stuff just keeps climbing the ranks. He was one of the best pitchers in the FSL then got promoted to Springfield. He had some good starts at AA then got hurt, came back and wasn’t as effective. I predict another solid season in 2020 that will see him go to Memphis. At age 25 time isn’t on his side but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t make it to St. Louis eventually.

29. Brendan Donovan: Donovan flies under the radar and most rankings won’t have him this high but he seems like a very solid player to me. His numbers at Peoria this year were above average and he played almost everyday and even got a small taste of AAA. This system is loaded at 3B so he will need to branch out in order to move up but I think he projects as an adequate utility player at the big league level.

30. Jack Ralston: He was dominant in his 25 innings at State College. Looks like a good candidate to get time in Peoria and Palm Beach in 2020. The question is he a future closer or does he get a chance to start?

Participant

Paid - Three Months

27- Ralston

28- Pallante

29-Fagalde

30- Mendoza

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ralston
    Roberts
    Fagdale
    RAMON Mendoza

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Alexander “The Great”.

28. Juan “Pez” Yepez.

29. Andre “Spike” Pallante.

30. Jack “The Baby Stork” Ralston.

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Roberts
    28. Fuller
    29. Pallante
    30. Yepez

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

27 Evan Mendoza
    28 Conner Capel
    29 Tommy Parsons
    30 Alex FaGalde

Participant

Paid - Three Months

27 John Nagowski
    28 Griffin Rorberts
    29 Juan Yepez- Twice he has had runs where he dominates with the bat. I believe he can hit, but he has never put it all together. How he is placed relative to Baker will be interesting and telling.
    30 Evan Mendoza-I don’t know the extent of the injury, but he seemed intent on getting stronger and developing power. He may have spent a lot of time in the gym or on the couch. Great glove, versatility, and line drive stroke.

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Justin Toerner
    28. John Nogowski
    29. Juan Yepez
    30. Rangel Ravelo (if he’s still eligible… Andy Pallante if he’s not)

Participant

Free

27. Andre Pallante
    28. Logan Gragg
    29. Connor Thomas
    30. Jack Ralston

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I love voters who think out of the box so congrats to wiley on the Gragg pick. Can you enlighten us anymore on your reasoning?

Participant

Free

27. Toerner
    28. Pallante
    29. Roberts
    30. Yepez

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Roberts
    28. Pallante
    29. Ralston
    30. Mendoza

Participant

Paid - Annual

27. Kruczynski
    28. Mendoza
    29. Toerner
    30. Gingery

Participant

Paid - Annual

Waiting for a couple of super-regulars

Participant

Free

27) Pallante
    28) Roberts
    29) Ralston
    30) Alexander the Fagalde

Participant

Paid - Annual

Calling round 8. Thanks to all of the participants for their staying with us and punctual voting.

#27. Andre Pallante

#28. Jack Ralston

#29. Griffin Roberts

#30. Alex Fagalde

So there are the top 30 participants prospects.

We’ll move on to round 9. #31-#32-#33-#34.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Reminder of the last 4 rounds:

#15. JOHAN OVIEDO
    #16. ADOLIS GARCIA
    #17. EDMUNDO SOSA
    #18. TREJYN FLETCHER
    #19. LUKEN BAKER
    #20. KODI WHITLEY
    #21. JULIO RODRIGUEZ
    #22. DELVIN PEREZ
    #23. TONY LOCEY
    #24. ALVARO SEIJAS
    #25. MATEO GIL
    #26. RAMON URIAS
    #27. ANDRE PALLANTE
    #28. JACK RALSTON
    #29. GRIFFIN ROBERTS
    #30. ALEX FAGALDE

Participant

Paid - Annual

#31 Kruczynski
    #32 EMendoza
    #33 Toerner
    #34 Gingery

I’m counting on 3 of the 4 to have a much better 2020. As for Toerner, I expect him to conquer AA next season.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ramon Mendoza
    Evan Mendoza
    Elledge
    Kruczynski (or however you spell it)

Participant

Paid - Three Months

31. E Mendoza

32. Donovan

33. Yepez

34. Parsons

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Our top 30 has a pretty good distribution by position but is top heavy by league:

Majority of playing time:
    12 AAA, 6 AA, 4 A+, 2 A, 6 A-) (A- = (State college, Johnson City, GCL and DSL)

13 Pitchers (4 AAA,4 AA, 2 A+, 1 A, 2 A-)

3 Catchers (1 AAA, 1 AA, 1 A+)

1 First (A+)

1 Second (AAA)

3 Short (1 AAA, 1 A, 1 A-)

3 Third (1 AA, 1 A+, 1 A-)

6 Outfield ( 3 AAA, 1 AA, 2 A-)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarflood21.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31. Fuller
    32. Yepez
    33. Evan Mendoza
    34. Elledge

Participant

Paid - Annual

31- Escobar
    32- Burgos
    33- Gragg
    34- Toerner

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 421 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years