Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey NyQuist…I am going to be on a hiking trip from Oct 5-14 and cell service will probably be hit or miss. Any way I could get an email to send you my picks for that time frame so I don’t miss voting?

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

19. Luken Baker
    20. Kodi Whitley
    21. Delvin Perez
    22. Justin Toerner

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

It’s getting to the point where weighing “chances of making the majors” vs. “could he turn into a star down the road” is a tough call, there doesn’t appear to be a Malcom Nunez in the low levels now, so my 19-22 are all in the good chance to make the majors category.

19) Kodi Whitley – First of all, I’m shocked he isn’t on the list already, he has to be in the top 20 ladies and gents! Great BP arm and could be a huge add to the pen in 2020, likely one of the famous non-trade additions that Mo “adds” around the trade deadline. The K % was in double digits and the BB % got better as he progressed this year.

20) Andre Pallante – Out of the abundance of college pitchers the Cards took in the first 10 rounds, it’s a coin flip between Pallante and Tony Locey. They both have the build and from what I’ve read and the repertoire to remain starters. So, the reasoning behind Pallante over Locey came down to the BB% in college. In 2018 and 19, Pallante’s BB% was 2.7 and 2.9 per nine. Locey’s for those two years were 4.9 and 4.6.

21) Tony Locey – See above and it appears he has a great FB and slider, so at the least a solid BP arm in the future, which is almost always a need.

22) Alvaro Seijas – 20 y/o with roughly half the year in A+ ball, and an ERA under 3 in Peoria and PB is something that can not be ignored. K’s per nine are not where you’d like to see them at that level, but the numbers can’t be ignored.

14NyquisT
    Participant

STL25…. just send them into TCN by clicking on “contact us” up at the top of the page. I think that be happy to pass them along.

or… send your email into TCN and ask to pass it along to me. I’ll do the same to you.

Either option is easy enough for a loyal TCNer like yourself.

Thanks Desm.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Round 6 complete.

19. LUKEN BAKER

20. KODI WHITLEY

21. JULIO RODRIGUEZ

22. DELVIN PEREZ

Moving on to ROUND 7 #s 23-24-25-26

14NyquisT
    Participant

These are numbers 11 through 22.

#11. JHON TORRES
    #12. JUNIOR FERNANDEZ
    #13. GENESIS CABRERA
    #14. JUSTIN WILLIAMS
    #15. JOHAN OVIEDO
    #16. ADOLIS GARCIA
    #17. EDMUNDO SOSA
    #18. TREJYN FLETCHER
    #19. LUKEN BAKER
    #20. KODI WHITLEY
    #21. JULIO RODRIGUEZ
    #22. DELVIN PEREZ

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

23. Tommy Parsons – Pretty much you’re prototypical low-ceiling, high(ish) floor pitching prospect. Has good command of his pitches with good control. Plus change up and good enough FB to keep hitters honest. He is a couple of ticks on the radar gun away from being a middle of the rotation type of starter, though I think it’s unlikely he gets it. Still a solid back of the rotation type starter which is about right in the mid to late twenties in the Cardinals system now to me.
    24. Andre Pallante – Frankly Pallante, Locey, and Ralston are all kind of equal to me currently. Obviously the Cards like Locey a little more with his advancement to Peoria, however I think Pallante has the more balanced starter profile. Plus FB and Slider with average and developing CB and C/U with great command in college. Has all the tools to work with to be starter in the bigs one day. The Cards really picked up their pitching depth with this draft and guys like Oviedo and Seijas starting to put it together. I think PB will have a deadly rotation in 2020 and still be able to maintain with the arms coming up from Peoria that don’t make that rotation out of Spring Training. I like the possibilities of their pitching depth currently.
    25. Mateo Gil – Might be a little early for a guy with a +106 in Rookie league ball, but he was 2.4 years below the league average. Generally considered a good fielder with the skills to remain at SS long term and showed a little more pop than I expected. He has a long way to go as a prospect, but certainly has the tools to work with to be a really good value at SS.
    26. Tony Locey – Probably has the best FB from this year’s draft class. Still needs to refine all of his offerings to reach his potential, but I can certainly see a Lance Lynn starter kit with him. Another FB/Slider guy who has the floor of a power reliever but will be given every chance to stick in the rotation. Again, I am really not able to break out Locey, Pallante, and Ralston. However, Pallante is little above due to his more advanced repertoire and control, but Locey has by most accounts the best “stuff.” Again, hard not to be excited by the one year improvement in the pitching depth.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23- Locey
    24- Ralston
    25- Pallante
    26- Escobar

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

23. Seijas

24. Urias

25 Gil

26. Ralston

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23. Tony Locey: The 3rd round pick had a bit of a slow start with Peoria but he comes with a lot of upside. I imagine the organization expects him to have a big 2020.

24. Juan Yepez: I thought Yepez had a very solid year and the organization must have thought so also because he made it from Peoria all the way to Springfield. His numbers aren’t eye popping and he may or may not make it to St. Louis but he is a very steady , above average minor league player and at age 21 he still has time to make a name for himself.

25. Alex Fagalde: He is one of my favorite players in our system. I like overachievers. A former 30th round draft pick without elite stuff just keeps climbing the ranks. He was one of the best pitchers in the FSL then got promoted to Springfield. He had some good starts at AA then got hurt, came back and wasn’t as effective. I predict another solid season in 2020 that will see him go to Memphis. At age 25 time isn’t on his side but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t make it to St. Louis eventually.

26. Brendan Donovan: Donovan flies under the radar and most rankings won’t have him this high but he seems like a very solid player to me. His numbers at Peoria this year were above average and he played almost everyday and even got a small taste of AAA. This system is loaded at 3B so he will need to branch out in order to move up but I think he projects as an adequate utility player at the big league level.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Rinse and repeat

Ralston
    Urias
    Roberts
    Seijas

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23. Mateo Gil. For comparison, Mateo is still younger than the Royals’ Bobby Witt Jr, who is a top 10 prospect on MLB Pipeline. Other than maybe the glove, they look like similar players to my eye, with Gil playing at a higher level and having more power with a bit higher K rate. Like I said, he’s a sleeper.

24. Alvaro Seijas. He had a good year in Peoria, hanging a level behind his former running mate Johan Oviedo (not unlike Junior Fernandez and Sandy Alcantara were compared a number of years ago). His fastball and curve work but he does lose a point with his low K and slightly elevated BB rates. Still, a 2.69 ERA over 140 IP this year at two levels is very good and might merit an even higher rating. He, Thompson, Oviedo and Rondon are probably the four nearest best hopes in the system.

25. Toby Locey. He gave up some runs and walks, but he showed some ability to miss bats and that’s what may be his calling card going forward. I’m guessing he ends up a reliever but the Cards have done work to make guys like this starters before.

26. Alexander “The Great” Fagalde. As a nod to Pugs, Alex gets a vote from me. His seeson ending in Springfield was ugly but it’s at least slightly possible that he was struggling in a comeback from injury. Next year will tell if he’s one of those guys like Mike O’Reilly who tops out in high A ball and can’t cut it in Springfield or not. He’s a control artist and I’d love to say he’s our version of Kyle Hendricks, but those guys are so rare that it’s hard to predict that.

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

23. Toerner
    24. Seijas
    25. Locey
    26. Pallante

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gracias senor’s stlcard25 & Scotty!

23. Alexander “The Great” – He’ll show all of you non-believers by not only getting to the show, but also by staying in the show.

24. Andre “Spike” Pallante

25. Juan “Pez” Yepez

26. Mateo “Blue” Gil

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

23 John Nagowski-The Orioles could grab him in the rule 5, and he could surpass the angst created by Luke Voit.
    24 Alvaro Seijas- a prize international signing is slowly putting up striking yet inconsistent starts that show a high ceiling.
    25 Juan Urias- if he truly is the better brother, it is time to make a push. At his best, he can put together Arozarena-type extended hot streaks.
    26 Griffin Roberts-if he continues to deal in the AFL, his stock will rebound quickly.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23. Gil – I think Sosa will break camp with the big club next spring. That leaves only Delvin Perez as the only middle infielder is this ranking so far. Gil appears to be the next realistic hopeful unless there is a middle infielder in the DSL that’s not stood out yet.
    24. Roberts – I’m voting for him here mostly because of his draft position. He was our second selection in 2018.
    25. Locey
    26. Pallante

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23. Seijas
    24. Roberts
    25. Gil
    26. Fuller – seem to start to turn that athletic ability into some power and results this season. He name should start to slot in here soon.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

22 Baker
    23 Locey
    24 Gil
    25 Seijas

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

23 Evan Mendoza
    24 Ramon Urias
    25 Conner Capel
    26 Tommy Parsons

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Sooner, Baker is off the table because he just got elected by us.

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

23. Justin Toerner

24. John Nogowski

25. Ramon Urias

26. Juan Yepez – Generally speaking, Yepez has been promoted aggressively (reaching A in his age 18 season and AA in his age 21 season). In between, though, it’s been a little weird as he was assigned to A in each of his age 18-21 seasons. During this time his performance varied from positive (getting by offensively despite being young for his level and showing flashes of elite hitting ability) to negative (an extreme, prolonged slump in A+). This year he hit for more power mainly due to an increase in his HR/FB%.

14NyquisT
    Participant

#23 Locey

#24 Kruczynski

#25 Mendoza

#26 Seijas

14NyquisT
    Participant

A couple of good prospects helping out today. Not to mention JMartinez doing it to it.

14NyquisT
    Participant

A lot of good comments in round 7. The next four are as follows:

#23 TONY LOCEY

#24 ALVARO SEIJAS

#25 MATEO GIL

#26 RAMON URIAS

Let’s move on to round 8 #27-#28-#29-#30

At the end of this round we’ll have our top-30.

14NyquisT
    Participant

This is a list of our last 3 rounds. The updated list from #1 thru # 26 can be found at the beginning of this thread.

#15. JOHAN OVIEDO
    #16. ADOLIS GARCIA
    #17. EDMUNDO SOSA
    #18. TREJYN FLETCHER
    #19. LUKEN BAKER
    #20. KODI WHITLEY
    #21. JULIO RODRIGUEZ
    #22. DELVIN PEREZ
    #23. TONY LOCEY
    #24. ALVARO SEIJAS
    #25. MATEO GIL
    #26. RAMON URIAS

Next:

round 8…. #27-#28-#29-#30

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.