Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

This topic contains 420 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kmitch93 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Perry DellaValle
    Connor Coward
    Joerlin De Los Santos
    Jose Davila
    Connor Lunn

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Kyle Leahy
    Rayder Ascanio
    Imeldo Diaz
    Matt Duce
    Joerlin De Los Santos

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Tyler Reichenborn

Rayder Ascnio

Perry Dellavalle

Conner Lunn

Conner Cowerd

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Taveras
    Pacheco
    Ascanio
    Lunn
    Cordero

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think out of all the players yet to be picked, and perhaps many above him, Raydar Ascanio is maybe set for the biggest improvement. He has always been a slick fielder, but never much of a hitter. But since he gave up switch hitting mid season, he hit for gap power, and better average. At this point, he seems to be the 2nd best shortstop in the system. Sorry Kramer Robertson fans, but Robertson will be a 2nd basemen if he makes the bigs. Watching him throw from the shortstop hole was painful. Even Nagowski couldn’t save some of his throws. And Delvin Perez is still far away development wise.
    In fact, a memory of mine when Ascanio hit a ball further than most any I had seen for the Peoria, although it was foul made me wonder if he had some (at least gap) power potential.

UncleDenny
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Be interesting to see if Ascanio is signed to extension as he is minor league free agent.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are there any other notable potential minor league free agents other than Ramirez, Ascanio and Nogowski. I hope they reup all 3. Wait a sec, I think Brian was going an article this soon.

UncleDenny
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Godoy is FA but Roel Ramirez is not.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ramon Santos didn’t make our top 75 list but he had a pretty good year at Palm Beach and figure he would be at Double A next year if he would sign back with Cards.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

5 I want to keep an eye on:
    Tyler Statler
    Thomas Hart
    Jacob Schlesener
    Andrew Warner
    Gustavo Rodriguez

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Jesker, DesMet, WileyCoyote, Grenny, The Floodster and the incomparable UncleD. They, along with playoff baseball, NFL football and the oncoming NBA season, make Octobers justifiable. How do we talk them into weighing in here at the Cardinal Nation more often than primarily during our Top 50 Prospect thread??? I’m thinking Brian adding them onto the Cardinal Nation payroll just may do the trick. Brian?

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will keeping an eye on these guys:
    GJRodriguez Jew Puello Statler Vinsky.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With all the final participants selecting our “Watch List” looks like this in alphabetical order:

RAYDER ASCANIO
    CONNOR COWARD
    PERRY DELLAVALLE
    JOERLIN De Los SANTOS
    KYLE LEAHY
    CONNOR LUNN
    FREDDY PACHECO
    GUSTAVO JRODRIGUEZ
    TYLER STATLER

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Jesker, DesMet, WileyCoyote, Grenny, The Floodster and the incomparable UncleD. They, along with playoff baseball, NFL football and the oncoming NBA season, make Octobers justifiable. How do we talk them into weighing in here at the Cardinal Nation more often than primarily during our Top 50 Prospect thread??? I’m thinking Brian adding them onto the Cardinal Nation payroll just may do the trick. Brian?

I would also add the esteemed Bob Reed. I am surprised he didn’t participate in the prospect voting. Few on this board have the knowledge and insights of the milb system that Bob Reed has.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I want to thank all the participants who contributed to the polling. Also a great deal of appreciation to Gscott, Pugs. Stl-25, Wiley, Flood21, Cards-27 and Gren1 for being able to stay on through the 18 rounds and the Watch list. Your timely responses allowed the list to be completed ahead of schedule. Again thank you for your loyalty to the selections, your insight and comments.

I hope that everyone had as much fun as I have had. This process takes the edge off the beginning of the our fan’s official off-season. Of course there is no off season for those who follow TCN as there are articles provided daily 365/6 to keep us informed of the latest news and commentary surrounding the entire organization.

Reminder: The final TCN list will begin on Nov.11th with #50 being revealed.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Nyquist for your hard work. It’s not easy keeping track of this voting.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks to 14NyquisT and all the voters. As usual, your results will be one-third of the weighting for the site’s new 2020 top 50. As already noted, we are less than two weeks away from starting the annual roll out. (I had better get back to work!)

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Brian. I am glad our vote is a part of something bigger.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Ny and to everyone else for their hard work. This was fun.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To track the progress of our prospects I made a list of the community’s top-50 and compared this year’s list with last year’s list and left out those that have been removed from eligibility. (revised)

#1. Carlson (last year’s revised = #5)
    #2. Gorman (#1)
    #3. Knizner (#3)
    #4. Arozarena (#6)
    #5. Montero (#2)
    #6 IHerrera (#14)
    #7. Thompson (R = rookie)
    #8. Woodford (#12)
    #9. Rondon (#40)
    #10. Nunez (#4)
    #11. Torres (#18)
    #12. JrFernandez (#24)
    #13. Cabrera (#8)
    #14. JWilliams (#15)
    #16. AGarcia (#9)
    #17. Sosa (#17)
    #18. Fletcher (R)
    #19. Baker (#10)
    #20. Whitley (N/R = not in last year’s top 100))
    #21. JuRodriguez (#34)
    #22. DPerez (#25)
    #23. Locey (R)
    #24. Seijas (#31)
    #25. Gil (#35)
    #26. Urias (#20)
    #27. Pallante (R)
    #28. Ralston (R)
    #29. Roberts (#7)
    #30. Fagalde (#28)
    #31. Yepez (46)
    #32. Toerner (#47)
    #33. EMendoza (#13)
    #34. Ravelo (N/R)
    #35. Elledge (#19)
    #36. Parsons (N/R)
    #37. Escobar (N/R)
    #38. Donovan (N/R)
    #39. Gingery (#22)
    #40. Capel (#21)
    #41. Kruczynski (#11)
    #42. Pages (R)
    #43. YGonzalez (#41)
    #44. Schrock (#16)
    #45. LJimenez (#43)
    #46. Robertson (#50)
    #47. Whalen (#65)
    #48. Nogowski (#52)
    #49. Justo (N/R)
    #50. Machado (#38)

kmitch93
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

#46 Chandler Redmond

Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years