Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

This topic contains 419 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Machado
    48. Cedeno
    49. YaSenka
    50. Gragg

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey NyQuist, I’m just getting back from my hiking trip. Can you give me til tomorrow at noon to get my picks in? I don’t want to miss another round of voting.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Francisco Justo. He seems like a mature kid (remember, he took some time off to care for his family and ended up at a CC before the Cards drafted him) and has good stuff. I think he could take off next year.

48. Patrick Romeri. Young and with a solid plate approach (11.7% BB), he will need to cut down the Ks a bit but could be a big get for the Cards in that post 10th round slot. Plus he comes from IMG Academy so he shares that in common with one of my new favorite Penn State players, Noah Cain.

49. Brady Whalen. He’s a fringe guy at this point but for a while he and Gorman were the Peoria Bash Brothers. He was more interesting coming out of HS as a potential SS/3B guy but Luke Voit has taught us to never doubt the 1B guys.

50. Lars Nootbar. An excellent name to round out the top 50. The stats weren’t wowing, but he had a solid season and should start at Springfield next year. He has so many OF in the hopper ahead of him that it’s hard to imagine he ever gets a shot, but I hope he at least makes the bigs someday for the pleasure of hearing “batting 9th and pinch hitting, Lars Nootbar” over the PA.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure stl. I was waiting for you and a couple of other regular participants in the polling. Thanks for letting me know that you’ll be a bit late. So after your selections in round 13, we’ll move on to round 14 a vote for a group of 5 prospects #51-#52-#53-#54-#55. and add a round 15 taking us up to the top-60.

I’d like to hear suggestions how to proceed from there… this is your poll.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Cuenca
    48. YaSenka
    49. Burgos
    50. Justo

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So here is round 13 which concludes the Community’s top-50.

#47. BRADY WHALEN
    #48. JOHN NOGOWSKI
    #49. FRANCISCO JUSTO
    #50. JONATAN MACHADO

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here are the results from the last 3 rounds… a complete list of the top-50 appears on page 1 of this topic.

#39. STEVEN GINGERY
    #40. CONNOR CAPEL
    #41. EVAN KRUCZYNSKI
    #42. PEDRO PAGES
    #43. YARIEL GONZALEZ
    #44. MAX SCHROCK
    #45. LUDWIN JIMENEZ
    #46. KRAMER ROBERTSON
    #47. BRADY WHALEN
    #48. JOHN NOGOWSKI
    #49. FRANCISCO JUSTO
    #50. JONATAN MACHADO

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

51. Gragg

52. Romeri

53. Nootbaar

54. YaSenka

55. Nathaniel Heredia

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51- Burgos
    52- Gragg
    53- Hector Soto, P
    54- Ya Senka
    55- Baird. P

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

51. Romeri – young 18 year old (just turned 18 in June) ’19 draftee with 6 doubles, 3 triples, and 6 home runs in only 138 ABs in rookie ball. The kid is 6’3” 195 lbs with plenty of room to add to some already nice power

52. Connor Thomas – 5th round pick from this year with moderate success of a 3.77 ERA in 43 innings holding his own in Peoria as an age appropriate 21 year old.

53. Yasenka – Another draft pick from this year that just had a lot of success, only downside is he was a little old for his league as a 21 year old in rookie and short season A ball. That being said he had a 1.15 ERA in 47 innings with 49 Ks. Probably will get a chance next year against better competition but I’ll take the results for my last pick in the top 50.

54. Cedeno – Essentially played a full season at Peoria as a 20 year old so still pretty young. Lots of doubles (24) in 366 at bats and hopefully we’ll see him better adjust next year and repeat some of the success we saw in Rookie ball. Needs to get some better plate discipline though.

55. Warner – Older at 25 but lefties with moderate success at AAA always have a shot at contributing to the pen for the big club. I’ll take a flyer this late in the rankings and I always hate leaving guys off lists that eventually make it to the bigs (even if it’s just a cup of coffee).

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Patrick Romeri
    52. Lars Nootbar
    53. Austin Warner
    54. Diowill Burgos
    55. Logan Gragg

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Leandro Cedeno
    52. Darlin Moquete
    53. Diowil Burgos
    54. Carlos Soler
    55. Chandler Redmond

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Fuller
    52. Cedeno
    53. Carlos Soto
    54. Burgos
    55. Romeri

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

51. Austin Warner – Not much to say. I have him at 31 when you average out his performance vs projection. I think he’s going to move up the board this year.

52. Lars Nootbaar – Going to have a tough time breaking through the log jam of OF bats in front of him, but seems like a big body with a good approach at the plate that is the advanced bat the organization was hoping for when they drafted him out of USC.

53. Patrick Romeri – Great numbers in his first taste of pro ball. Showed good power and discipline for a HS bat in the GCL. I am very interested to find out where he is placed out of Spring Training. Most likely a year at JC, but interested to see if they give him a shot at Peoria for exposure prior to the beginning of short season leagues.

54. Terry Fuller – Very raw prospect who seems like he is starting to put it all together. Showed good, but not great power yet, however will almost certainly grow into it with his 6-4 / 210 frame. wRC+ liked him better than DRA+, but both were good for where he is in his development. If he can stick in Peoria to open the season, then I think he has a good chance of climbing the rankings in a big way this year. Overall excellent athlete at that size that has all the measurables, just needs to continue to develop. He will be exciting if it all comes together.

55. Hector Soto – Basically came down to Soto, YeSenka, and Shew. At this point it’s really personal preference I think and Soto was part of a good JC rotation. I’m still second guessing myself, but going with Soto primarily off of Cards27 write up earlier.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ramon Mendoza
    Romeri
    Shrock
    Burgos
    Antonini

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC, Schrock has already been picked at # 44.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC… Schrock=#44

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Damn, I even specifically checked the list for him and didnt see him.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

My redone list
    Ramon Mendoza – I have been voting for this guy since around 30! Not one second person has voted for him. 18 y.o who in the dsl last year (17 y.o) had a 162 wrc+ and this year had a 132 wrc+ in the gcl. Higher wrc+ than Romeri and has done it for 2 years. 2B/3B.
    Romeri
    Burgos
    Antonini – 19% walk rate. Just 8.5% k rate. .894 OPS with just a .183 babip! 20 y.o. catcher.
    Dobzanski – I wont be surprised if he is taken in the rule 5 draft.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Cuenca
    52. YaSenka
    53. Burgos
    54. Nootbaar
    55. Redmond

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Hector Soto
    52. Lars Nootbar
    53. Leandro Cedeno
    54. Ramon Mendoza
    55. Patrick Romeri

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Cedeno
    52. Ya Senca
    53. Ramon Mendoza
    54. Cuencda
    55. Gragg

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Anyhony “Ah” Shew

52. Laars “Nutty” Nootbaar

53. Patrick “Romeo” Romeri

54. Ramon “The Chupracobra” Mendoza

55. Leandro “Lazy Ant” Cedeno

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These are the results for round 14:

#51. PATRICK ROMERI
    #52. LARS NOOTBAAR
    #53. LEANDRO CEDENO
    #54. DIOWILL BURGOS
    #55. MICHAEL YASENKA

Next up is round 15… #56-#57-#58-#59-#60

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Results from the last three rounds:

#43. YARIEL GONZALEZ
    #44. MAX SCHROCK
    #45. LUDWIN JIMENEZ
    #46. KRAMER ROBERTSON
    #47. BRADY WHALEN
    #48. JOHN NOGOWSKI
    #49. FRANCISCO JUSTO
    #50. JONATAN MACHADO
    #51. PATRICK ROMERI
    #52. LARS NOOTBAAR
    #53. LEANDRO CEDENO
    #54. DIOWILL BURGOS
    #55. MICHAEL YASENKA

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years