Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

43. Logan Gragg
    44. Connor Thomas
    45. Yariel Gonzalez
    46. Leandro Cedeno

Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Max Schrock
    44. Kramer Robertson
    45. Ludwin Jimenez
    46. Francisco Justo

Participant

Paid - Annual

43- Burgos
    44- Gragg
    45- Hector Soto, P
    46- Ya Senka

Participant

Paid - Annual

#43.. YGonzalez

#44.. Cuenca

#45.. YaSenka

#46.. Burgos

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Cardinals27/14NyquisT,

Wonder if you could elaborate on what you like about Burgos? I haven’t seen him, but he had great numbers in the DSL, yet struggled (albeit young for the league) in the GCL. Cardinals don’t promote a lot of DSL guys mid season so I have to think they saw something too. Just looking for some insight.

Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Hector Soto
    44. John Nogowski
    45. Lars Nootbar
    46. Yariel Gonzalez

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think everyone has showed up. So on we go, with this being an off day.

#43. YARIEL GONZALEZ

#44. MAX SCHROCK

#45. LUDWIN JIMENEZ

#46. KRAMER ROBERTSON

I’d like to thank all the participants for showing up at the polls in timely fashion. I really appreciate it guys.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

47. Whalen

48. Machado

49. Justo

50. Gragg

Participant

Paid - Annual

It would be great to hear some comments about your picks in this final top-50 round.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

So are we stopping at 50 this year? Last year we went to 100.

Participant

Paid - Annual

CC… what is your suggestion?

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Maybe do 5 rounds with people ranking 10 at a time.

Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Darlin Moquete: This guy obliterated DSL pitching. His stats were off the charts similar to Burgos and Nunez. The question is can he do it stateside? We will find out next year. If he continues to blossom he could be a fast riser.

48. Diowill Burgos: He also obliterated DSL pitching but then cooled off once reaching the states. Sometimes the fast promotions can backfire. I haven’t given up on him at all but he needs to rebound in 2020 and I suspect he will. Another potential fast riser.

49. John Nogowski: One of my favorites in the entire system. He is the position player equivalent to Fagalde. Another blue collar low draft pick with no expectations who continues to laugh at the prospect experts as he climbs the ladder. He will be in the big leagues soon whether with St. Louis or someone else.

50. Carlos Soler: So far his production hasn’t quite matched his potential since leaving the DSL but I think this guy is very toolsy. He needs to gain some wight and continue to mature but if he can have a good Spring he might end up on the Peoria roster. Don’t be surprised if this guy takes off.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Fuller
    Whalen
    Cedeno
    Carlos Soto

Participant

Paid - Three Months

47. Austin Warner – My favorite of the soft tossing lefties. Probably a reliever long term, but I’m not counting him out of the rotation just yet.

48. Francisco Justo – I see Justo making Peoria out of Spring Training and pitching well with them. If he continues to develop and physically mature into his 6’5″ frame could jump into the top 20.

49. Lars Nootbaar – Big corner OF type that the Cards seem to have a ton of at this point. Really started to take off in AA. Posted really good walk and strike out numbers at that level and showed an advanced approach at the plate. Another guy that is primed for a take off this year if the OF traffic jam is solved in front of him.

50. Patrick Romeri – I had a hard time deciding between Romeri and Fuller here. Both had good numbers this year by wRC+ (Romeri 129 and Fuller 123/109) but DRC+ really seemed to think that Fuller was a benefit of luck at State College (84 vs 123 at JC). Both are still quite young with Romeri I think being the more refined product at this point. He has a lot of talent and tools to work with and put up good power numbers in the normally power draining GCL. Had a good walk rate but a little high on the strikeouts with the obvious small sample size caveats. It’s a bit of a crap shoot, but in this case, age and polish edges out size and athleticism.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Just my opinion Nyquist, but if we go to Top 100 then Brian and Derek have more of our picks to average into the rankings if their Top-50 doesn’t match ours (OBVIOUSLY it should match ours, but you know just in case). Plus always good to see a few more names to keep up with next year in the minors (Tyler Reichenborn, he’s gonna be huuuuuge…maybe). I do like the 10 names idea. I can cut down my opinions a little bit.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Avatargrenadier1.
    Participant

Free

47 Logan Gragg
    48 Connor Thomas
    49 Leandro Cedeno
    50 Michael YaSenka

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ramon Mendoza
    Machado
    Romeri
    Nogowski

Participant

Paid - Annual

My thinking is we go 5 rounds of 5 selections each up to #75. Then we can re-evaluate how to proceed to #100.

Participant

Paid - Annual

47- Burgos
    48- Gragg
    49- Hector Soto, P
    50- Ya Senka

Participant

Free

47. Nogowski – The guy walks more than he strikes out and had a .413 OBP at Memphis this year. Easily could be a bench bat at the major league club next year which isn’t too bad for a prospect this late in the rankings

48. Romeri – young 18 year old (just turned 18 in June) ’19 draftee with 6 doubles, 3 triples, and 6 home runs in only 138 ABs in rookie ball. The kid is 6’3” 195 lbs with plenty of room to add to some already nice power

49. Connor Thomas – 5th round pick from this year with moderate success of a 3.77 ERA in 43 innings holding his own in Peoria as an age appropriate 21 year old.

50. Yasenka – Another draft pick from this year that just had a lot of success, only downside is he was a little old for his league as a 21 year old in rookie and short season A ball. That being said he had a 1.15 ERA in 47 innings with 49 Ks. Probably will get a chance next year against better competition but I’ll take the results for my last pick in the top 50.

Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Hector Soto
    48. John Nogowski
    49. Lars Nootbar
    50. Leandro Cedeno – The jump to A ball was a challenge for Cedeno this year with a wRC+ of 104 and DRC+ of 114. Both of these are below his previous averages of 145 and 140, respectively. What surprised me was how much his power eroded from Johnson City in 2018 (258 PA: .256 ISO) to Peoria in 2019 (396 PA: .126 ISO). Still has a high ceiling.

Participant

Paid - Annual

47. Anthony “Ah” Shew

48. Brady “Humpback” Whalen

49. Lars “Nutty” Nootbaar

50. Patrick “Romeo” Romeri

Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe some guys are to shook up to read TCN yesterday/today, but we still need to hear from a few regs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Burgos deserves more credit since his DSL numbers compare favorably to Nunez’s the year prior. And both Burgos and Nunez struggled for a lot in their stateside games. I think both have a medium floor and a high ceiling.

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 421 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years