Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

This topic contains 419 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Austin Warner. He’s close to the bigs if nothing else. His stats have mostly been solid, so maybe he turns into a reliever who can provide something.

57. Logan Gragg.

58. Ramon Mendoza. CC, you have convinced me!

59. Chandler Redmond. Gotta recognize that he had a good debut with the bat. If he can keep being a jack of all trades by playing all the IF spots but SS, he may get himself a shot.

60. Carlos Soto. I’m partial to catchers and it seems like he could end up as a backup one some day. He hit fairly well for a 20 year old in State College, but struggled a bit in Peoria. He’ll get another chance.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56- Gragg (IMO should have picked selected way ealier, 6’5″, could add velo)
    57- Hector Soto, P (Helped JC win championship, good 2019 results, should start at Peoria)
    58- Baird. P (Another 6’5″ pitcher, very good results, 2018 draftee made it to Springfield in ’19)
    59- Leonardo Taveras (Another 6’5″ hard thrower, just needs to throw more strikes)
    60- Redmond (Power potential, should start at Peoria, although what position is up in the air)

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

56.Gragg

57 Heredia

58. Roel Rameriez

59. Dobzanski

60. Mendoza

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Mendoza
    Antonini
    Dobzanski
    Redmond
    Shew

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

55. Austin Warner – Our system is back if a serviceable lefty who is likely to get a crack at the big leagues can’t crack the top-60. Probably doesn’t have the frame to stand up to a starters workload over the long haul, but looks pretty good in a long reliever role.

56. Terry Fuller – Given how raw he was coming into the system as a baseball player and his performance last year, I expect him to have a minor breakout in Peoria this year. Power and athleticism to really dominate if the hit tool continues to progress. So far I think he is on track.

57. Hector Soto – Has had dominant numbers the last two years, but isn’t as young as you would think at 20 y/o in Rookie ball. He should start next year in Peoria with an outside shot at PB which would put him in good shape to shoot way up the rankings and organizational chart with continued development and performance.

58. Anthony Shew – Very good numbers in his second turn through AA leading to his promotion to AAA (and you know some injuries above him and such). League average age in AA and bit below in AAA. Pretty good s/o numbers overall, but his walk rate doubled upon moving to Memphis. If he brings that back in line with his career numbers, he should be effective and likely will make at least a showing at the big league level.

59. Angel Cuenca – DSL All-Star which probably pushed him up in my calculations (38th by my formula). 18 y/o Venezuelan had a very good performance in his second year in the DSL likely leading to a stateside assignment next year. Good s/o numbers and a very good WHIP. He’ll be an interesting pitcher to watch next year, probably in the GCL.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Darlin Moquete: I am shocked he hasn’t been selected yet. His DSL numbers were off the charts.
    57. Carlos Soler
    58. Chandler Redmond
    59. Irving Lopez
    60. Anthony Shew: Another blue collar overachiever. He is “Fagalde Lite”.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Gragg
    57. C. Soto
    58. Cuenca
    59. I Lopez
    60. R Ramirez

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He is “Fagalde Lite”.

Beautiful analogy, Scotty! I think almost any young pitcher in our organization would have no problemo whatsoever with being compared with Alexander “The Great” in any fashion.
    2020….barring injury, we will see Mr. Fagalde making his grand entrance to the show at some point and with some team….I pray it is with us.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Fuller
    57. Carlos Soto
    58. Moquete
    59. Solar
    60. Hector Soto

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Cuenca
    57. Redmond
    58. Dobzanski
    59. Moquete
    60. GRodriguez

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waiting for a few other participants including Pugs, who posted a comment here and didn’t even vote. WTF

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Nyquis, is that Gustava Rodriguez, dsl blue?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry NyQ!

56. Anthony “Ah” Shew

57. Ramon “The Chupracobra” Mendoza

58. Bryan “DeeeZ” Dobzanski

59. Chandler “Smooth As Silk” Redmond

60. Connor “Tipsy” Thomas

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC… yep that’s Gustavo Rodriguez. I like his size and he should fill out his frame in the next few seasons. 2018 he pitched out of the BP with mixed results, much better as a starter (12 starts) in ’19. All of his stats improved. 2nd season with Blue… but I like his progress on the mound. TCN starting pitcher selection from DSL -Blue. Will be 19 in Jan.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re into die-hard territory. Has anyone seen desmatlax or Jeske around? … send them over. I don’t want to see participants dropping out at this point. Last call out.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

56. Logan Gragg
    57. Connor Thomas
    58. Hector Soto
    59. Matt Duce
    60. Jose Godoy

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Round 15 concludes with the following results:

#56. LOGAN GRAGG
    #57. CHANDLER REDMOND
    #58. RAMON MENDOZA
    #59. BRYAN DOBZANSKI
    #60. HECTOR SOTO

Next up round 16. #61-#62-#63-#64-#65

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Prior selections for the last three rounds:

#47. BRADY WHALEN
    #48. JOHN NOGOWSKI
    #49. FRANCISCO JUSTO
    #50. JONATAN MACHADO
    #51. PATRICK ROMERI
    #52. LARS NOOTBAAR
    #53. LEANDRO CEDENO
    #54. DIOWILL BURGOS
    #55. MICHAEL YASENKA
    #56. LOGAN GRAGG
    #57. CHANDLER REDMOND
    #58. RAMON MENDOZA
    #59. BRYAN DOBZANSKI
    #60. HECTOR SOTO

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

61. Darlin Moquete
    62. Carlos Soler
    63. Irving Lopez
    64. Anthony Shew
    65. Joerlin De Los Santos

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Antonini
    Shew
    Irving Lopez
    Hurst
    Imeldo Diaz

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Irving Lopez has flown through our system under the radar. In his second full season he has already played 21 games at AAA. He has had a Wrc+ at least 10% greater than league average at every stop and his lowest OPS has been .761 – all this from a middle infielder. Anyone have more info on him, particularly his defense? His error numbers are very good but of course that is not everything.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

61. Heredia

62. Roel Rameriez

63. Tyler Reichenborn

64. Shew

65. Fuller

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fuller
    C.Soto
    Moquete
    Solar
    Heredia

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

61. Austin Warner
    62. Terry Fuller
    63. Anthony Shew
    64. Angel Cuenca
    65. Scott Hurst – Strikes me as a Lane Thomas type with a bigger arm IF it all comes together and he stays healthy.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Avatar grenadier1.
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

61. Angel Cuenca
    62. Matt Duce
    63. Jose Godoy
    64. Irving Lopez
    65. Imeldo Diaz

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years