Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

This topic contains 420 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kmitch93 4 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A few other pitchers are coming up on my radar at this point.

MIchael Baird – made it to AA after being drafted in 2018. Has a career 2.00 minor league ERA, and sub .200 BAA. At 6’5″ he should be an imposing presence.

Ramon Santos- Should be at AA, and really increased his K rate. In fact he had 34 K’s in his last 19 innings.

MIchael Yasenka- Pitched very well at JC throwing 91-93 mph. Also pitched well at State College before being shut down.

Freddy Pacheco- Hard throwing reliever with around the best strikeout rate in the system, but also walked more than 1 per inning. If he can improve his control watch out. Did not give up a homer all season.

Leonardo Taveras- 6’5″ hard throwing righty pitched 4 levels before being shut down early due to Palm Beach’s game cancellations due to Hurricane Dorian. Same problem as Pacheco, control.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39. Gingery – No information, so no love for this pitcher, I guess.
    40. Mendoza – Nice defense.
    41. Schrock – Seems like he should have better stats since he had them in Oakland.
    42. Capel

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39 Gingery
    40 Capel
    41 Pages
    42 Elledge

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39–Kruczynski
    40–Gingery
    41–Pages
    42–YGonzalez

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sooner… Elledge = #35.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Y Gonzalez for #42

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

40. Ludwin Jimenez

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39. Hector Soto
    40. John Nogowski
    41. Lars Nootbar
    42. Yariel Gonzalez

Wiley
    Participant

Free

39. Logan Gragg
    40. Connor Thomas
    41. Pedro Pages
    42. Yariel Gonzalez

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

39. Austin Warner – Servicable lefty who was league average this year in AA before getting moved up to AAA where he didn’t fare too well. Could be anything from a back of the rotation starter to a serviceable mutli-inning guy out of the pen.

40. Ludwin Jimenez – TCN’s GCL Starting Pitcher of the Year in his 17 year old season. Good bet to develop a little more on his FB to go along with his already good CU and CB. Continued development showed push him into the top 20 next year with a little luck.

41. Francisco Justo – Teamed with Hector Soto for a pretty formidable 1-2 punch in the JC rotation. I think Justo has a more projectable frame for a starter’s profile, even though Soto’s numbers were a little better in JC. It’ll be interesting to see where the Organization puts them next year.

42. Evan Kruzcynski – Another lefty (one of them has to turn out right?) with good control and good stuff. Didn’t put up the same numbers as last year, however still league average in AA and really got hit around in AAA. Looked like increase in walks and slight uptick in HRs really led to his decrease in numbers. If he can push his GB rate up to where he was last year, should be back on track, likely in AAA.

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top since there hasn’t been any activity for a bit now and I know we were all probably caught up in yesterday’s excitement!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For future reference it might be better to have this vote once the season is completed. I know it takes awhile but it is hard to focus on the prospects during a pennant race and the playoffs.

Yes I know we can walk and chew gum but still.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Okay, we’re moving on. Round 11 has produced the following:

#39— STEVEN GINGERY

#40— CONNOR CAPEL

#41— EVAN KRUCZYNSKI

#42— PEDRO PAGES

Round 12 is up with #43 #44 #45 #46

As a reminder, the list of rounds 8 through 11:

#27. ANDRE PALLANTE
    #28. JACK RALSTON
    #29. GRIFFIN ROBERTS
    #30. ALEX FAGALDE
    #31. JUAN YEPEZ
    #32. JUSTIN TOERNER
    #33. EVAN MENDOZA
    #34. RANGEL RAVELO
    #35. SETH ELLEDGE
    #36. TOMMY PARSONS
    #37. EDGAR ESCOBAR
    #38. BRENDAN DONOVAN
    #39. STEVEN GINGERY
    #40. CONNOR CAPEL
    #41. EVAN KRUCZYNSKI
    #42. PEDRO PAGES:

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

43. Ludwin Jimenez

44. Max Schrock

45. Whalen

46. Yariel Gonzo

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ramon Mendoza
    Machado
    Escobar
    Renefri

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

CC: Edgar Escobar is #37. Unless this is some other.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

New list

Roman Mendoza
    Machado
    Renefri
    Schrock

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Yariel Gonzalez
    44. Brady Whalen
    45. Leandro Cedeno
    46. Kramer Robertson

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

My # 45 pick is actually spelled Romeri

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Repeat of my last 4 since non made the round 11 selections

Fuller
    Whalen
    Cedeno
    Carlos Soto

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

43. Schrock – Nice jump in BB rate from a career 6% to 12% this past year which helped with his improvement to a .366 OBP after a poor .296 his first time through AAA. Played this season at 24 so still at a good age for this level.

44. Nogowski – A little older (26) but a really nice slash line in Memphis at .295/.413/.476/.889 with more walks (69) than strikeouts (54), don’t really see that much anymore and his plate discipline has been great throughout his minor league career. Could be a nice off the bench option.

45. Machado – Good numbers in short season ball (.825 OPS) but struggled some moving up to Peoria with a .690 OPS. However at 20 he’s still a year younger than league average so still has time.

46. Brady Whalen – I like the big frame, hasn’t shown much yet and turns 22 in January so hopefully he’ll e able to move on to Palm Beach and start showing some production.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

43. Austin Warner – A good bet to start the year in the AAA rotation. Three good pitches with good control. I think we’re sleeping on this type of prospect because we’ve became used to it in the past few years. If he is able to consistently put it together this year, he could get a couple of spot starts in the bigs this year. His lack of prototypical size could push him to the bullpen, but has been effective as a starter.

44. Ludwin Jimenez – The best bet to break out in camp this year if he develops a little more velocity (as you would expect a 17 year old to do). Based on the organization’s handling of him, I could see them challenging him with an opening assignment in Peoria. 44 seems a little low for him based on projection so I think he’ll make it through this round.

45. Francisco Justo – Another candidate to be in Peoria’s rotation to start the year. One of my personal favorites from last years draft class. Obviously YaSenaka had the best numbers on the JC staff, but I think Justo has a more projectable starter profile with his size and stuff. There are a lot of interesting pitchers in the system after the last two drafts. Good to see after the last couple of years.

46. Lars Nootbaar – Nootbaar is a good segue into the differences between wRC+, OPS+ and DRC+. By wRC+ this year he looked good in Peoria and was league average in promotions to PB and Springfield (128/104/102 respectively). DRC+ vs OPS+ vs wRC+ By DRC+ however he shows as well above average at all three stops (128/124/135). So he “Deserved” better stats at his more advance stops. DRC+ is supposed to be somewhat predictive of a players future. Overall, Nootbaar is a big, athletic OF who should develop a little more power, which combined with his good BB% and SO numbers this year could develop into a pretty advanced hitter. He should begin at AA this year and with some progression, I could see him making a big rise as soon as the mid-season rankings.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar grenadier1.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Max “The Rock” Schrock

44. Anthony “Ah” Shew

45. Brady “Humpback” Whalen

46. Ludwin “Alejandro” (pronounced “Ali-Hondro”) Jimenez (pronounced “Him-Enez”). Any pitcher with the word “win” in his first name will crack my Top 50 list every time.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Y Gonzalez
    44. Robertson
    45. L Jimenez
    46. Machado

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

43. Yariel Gonzalez
    44. Ludwin Jimenez
    45. Kramer Robertson. Good on base skills, will see if he can stick at SS.
    46. Francisco Justo. I like his story and think he will make an impact sooner or later. Maybe as a reliever, but he’ll be top 20 at some point.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 421 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years