Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

This topic contains 420 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kmitch93 1 day, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

35 Gingery
    36 Escobar
    37 Capel
    38 Pages

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

35. Edgar Escobar – 2019 over 2 levels, Peoria and Palm Beach. WHIP 1.045, SO 10.9.
    36. Steven Gingery – Received twice his 4th Round slot value ($825K) to sign even though he was recovering from Tommy John surgery at the time of the draft. Nobody is saying if he was injured for all of the 2019 season, or if he was just building his body up to where he could pitch at the MLB level. He’s a lefty, and if he’s healthy next season, he could move up 15 – 20 places in this ranking.
    37. Tommy Parsons
    38. Seth Elledge

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

35 Conner Capel
    36 Tommy Parsons
    37 Seth Elledge
    38 Anthony Shew

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

35. Fuller
    36. Elledge
    37. Whalen
    38. Cedeno

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll preface this with a note because Baseball Prospectus didn’t have cFIP and DRA- available for the Appalachian League until recently. Adding these values for Hector Soto moves him up right near Zach Thompson and Genesis Cabrera in my spreadsheet. Thus, I have him jumping ahead of Nogowski in this set of rankings, despite having voted Nogowski higher the past few rounds.

35. Hector Soto – One of the players I’m most interested to learn more about. In his first season stateside, he started as a reliever (logging 2 or more IP in every appearance) in the GCL, State College, and Palm Beach. He finished the year with Johnson City, where he started his final five games. He totaled 51 1/3 IP. Across all levels, he had an elite 26.3% strikeout rate, 5.5% walk rate, and 20.7% strikeout minus walk rate. In Johnson City over 31 2/3 IP his cFIP was 88 and his DRA- was 63, which is just another way of showing how thoroughly he dominated the opposition.

36. John Nogowski

37. Alex Fagalde

38. Lars Nootbar – Had a small breakout this year as he made it all the way to AA in his first full season. Across A, A+, and AA he had a 110 wRC+ and 129 DRC+. The higher DRC+ can be attributed to his strong plate discipline, which is his best tool at this point. He had a .198 ISO in Peoria with 43.5% GB. Then between Palm Beach and Springfield he had only a .055 ISO with 53.2% GB. His BABIP increased at each level, so he either has a feel for placing hits, hits the ball hard, or both. With another year of development, I could see him drawing some comparisons to a lite version of early-career Matt Carpenter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Christopher – Alexander “The Great” Fagalde was already tabbed at #30….and should have been about a good 15 picks prior to that #30. Thank you.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

This is really my favorite part to see who people like and why this far down on the list. Jeske, Love the Nootbar pick. I’m really interested to see if he can sustain and if the “juiced” ball helps out his power numbers you referenced. I also really like the Terry Fuller picks. I’m disappointed he didn’t come up a little higher in my formula. Some rinse and repeat here:

35 – Tommy Parsons – Not much more to say about Parsons. Good command and pitchability who will get a shot at AAA next year and hopefully a chance to pitch his way into the big leagues.

36 – Seth Elledge – Continues to pitch very well in the AFL. 0.60 WHIP and 8 strikeouts in 5 shutout innings. Hopefully can build on that and improve upon his numbers in AAA next year. Has the FB/Slider combo to become a high leverage bullpen arm in STL.

37 – Austin Warner – My current favorite of the soft tossing lefties. Hopefully Gingery can move up the list next year, but I need to see more than 1 inning in 2 years to be a believer. Not the biggest guy, listed under 6′, but good CU that he mixes well with a good FB and CB. Probably a middle relief type, but you can never have enough good lefties. Unless you’re the Cardinals I guess, which means you only need two in the bullpen, you know, for emergencies.

38 – Ludwin Jimenez – Pretty much a league average in the GCL this year though somehow was 3+ years below the league average age (That’s young). There is a lot of projection here, but already throws a solid to + CU with a good CB. If his FB continues to improve into the lower to mid 90’s he’s got a good starter profile. WHIP and xFIP both were higher this year than last, however the Cards pushed him up for a brief cameo in A+ at the end of the year which is a good sign that the organization believes in him (also helps that GCL and PB share the same park). He certainly bears watching as he continues to grow into his 6’2″ frame.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs… you commented but no picks?

CJeske…. we need a #38 from you.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#35. Kruczynski
    #36. Gingery
    #37. Pages
    #38. Parsons

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

35. Yariel Gonzalez. Mr Do Everything should have a shot to be an MLB utility guy if he can keep going next year.

36. Ludwin Jimenez. He’s going to be top 20 next year, I predict. He must have excellent movement on his pitches because he’s racked up quite a few Ks both years in pro ball this year.

37. Edgar Escobar. He had some good stats for Peoria, then looked even better at Palm Beach. Like Kodi Whitley, a sneaky good bet to make the big leagues some day.

38. Carlos Soto, catcher. He didn’t play a lot as a 20 year old at either Peoria or Palm Beach this year but he did put up a 123 wRC+ at Peoria. So far he’s been solid with the bat at every stop.

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oops…

38. Yariel Gonzalez – Older than his peers, but shows excellent plate discipline.

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

35. Elledge
    36. Donovan
    37. Capel
    38. Schroek – .366 OBP at Memphis this year

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Round 10 of the prospect list is still open. Waiting for a couple of stragglers. The voting is very close.

Hey Pugs…. where are you?

Wiley
    Participant

Free

35. Logan Gragg
    36. Connor Thomas
    37. Tommy Parsons
    38. Pedro Pages

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

35 John Nagowski He is better than everyone left and could be an MLB player next year. Not for us unless something horrible happens, but I could see him being one of those guys who takes off when he gets a shot. He is way better than Xavier Scruggs. No comp.
    36 Max Shrock I have seen him look sharp at the plate with surprising pop, and then you look at his work while wearing red.
    37 Yariel Gonzales He can flat out hit. He rips line drives all over the place and went deep in clutch situations a lot during Springfields little run.
    Plays third well and plays six other positions.
    38 Pedro Pages I know nothing, but I am not missing the train engineered by a Yadi clone.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry for my tardiness, Nyquist! For now on, I’m right on it.

35. Pedro “Pepe” Pages(pronounced “Pa-Hayes)

36. Tommy “The Tarantula” Parsons

37. Max “The Rock” Schrock

38. Anthony “Ah” Shew

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All the votes are in and the tabulations compiled. Round 10 had 26 prospects selected.

#35- Seth Elledge

#36- Tommy Parsons

#37- Edgar Escobar

#38- Brendan Donovan

Voting is now opened for ROUND 11. #39-#40-#41-#42

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The list of the last 3 rounds:

#27. ANDRE PALLANTE
    #28. JACK RALSTON
    #29. GRIFFIN ROBERTS
    #30. ALEX FAGALDE
    #31. JUAN YEPEZ
    #32. JUSTIN TOERNER
    #33. EVAN MENDOZA
    #34. RANGEL RAVELO
    #35. SETH ELLEDGE
    #36. TOMMY PARSONS
    #37. EDGAR ESCOBAR
    #38. BRENDAN DONOVAN

A complete list of #1 through #38 can be found on page 1 of this topic.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39. Fuller
    40. Whalen
    41. Cedeno
    42. Carlos Soto

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39- Burgos
    40- Gragg
    41- P Soto
    42- Ya Senka

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

39. Capel
    40. Schrock
    41. Gingery
    42. Nagowski

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

39. Krucynski

40. Capel

41. Ludwin Jimenez

42. Madmax Schrock

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39. Yariel Gonzalez
    40. Brady Whalen
    41. Leandro Cedeno
    42. Kramer Robertson

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

39. Pedro “Pepe” Pages (pronounced “Pa-Hayes)

40. Max “The Rock” Schrock

41. Anthony “Ah” Shew

42. Brady “Humpback” Whalen

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ramon Mendoza
    Kruczinski
    Capel
    Machado

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 421 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years