Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,129 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

I think Lamet could be good again.

And I do think if the White Sox demise is true (according to the clueless Chicago media) that a reunion with one of our own is the likely best play here. Get him and Kelly and have Reinsdorf kick some cash to us for 3 prospects and a guy who is on or current roster.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Booyah, 7.6 BB/9 and 4.2 last year, I’d guess Mo sees that one simple stat and moves on. As an off-season “take a flier” addition, I’d be for it in Memphis, but don’t see him helping in 2022.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

CFICT, Snell has become a once through the order pitcher and throwing BP after that. After 50 pitches his effectiveness is gone.
    While I don’t care for him as a trade target, the SDP would have to take on PDJ salary and barter the remaining Snell funds with prospects sent rather than taking on his 23′ salary.
    Bader doesn’t belong in that trade, and I know it’s terribly hard to line up the players and salaries, so I appreciate your efforts.
    Instead of being a homer and getting someone good for very little, you went the other way and gave way too much, imo.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

On Snells behalf, he did have a good game vs LAD yesterday.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would trade O’Neill before I traded Bader. We have several players who can play LF but not many who can play CF.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

GScott, that’s definitely a toss up for me, but thankfully the outfield depth as a whole gives them plenty of pieces to use for pitching help.

For 2023, Carlson, Bader, O’Neill, Yepez, Donovan, Noot, Burleson, Capel and possibly Walker and Gomez later next season are to many roosters in the hen house…. 3 OF, 1 DH and a 4th OF….. no guess how that will play out. Burleson is the one I hope doesn’t get moved, his contact/walk skills with 30 Hr power from the left side is rare these days.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

The NYY are targeting an outfielder. Gallo is underwhelming and Stanton is an injury waiting to happen in RF. For my $, I’d want a true CF to push Judge back to RF and Stanton to DH.

Who would you target on the Yanks?
    For whom?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The problem with trading with the Yankees is that it would be difficult to get someone off of their 26 man roster since they are in win now mode. I am sure they would trade Gallo but we don’t need him. However, there is one surprise player they might trade and that is Aroldis Chapman. He is having a really bad year and is a rental but we might be able to get him. I wouldn’t give up much for him though. Maybe Woodford and Noot.

Realistically we would have to bring back someone from their farm system, which doesn’t help us win this year.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Addition and subtraction at the same time Gscott, I saw where he might be available too, or maybe just some speculation. I’d give them Bader for a decent prospect and Chapman, doubtful they would though.
    Hicks being in the BP with “the big three” and if Cabrerra is ok since we haven’t heard squat, then add in Chapman and it becomes solid. Another lefty with a nasty slider wouldn’t hurt either, but I don’t know exactly what’s out there. Thompson hasn’t been bad at all.

wagee12
    Participant

Sorry if already posted, but is there not a team that needs a shortstop. Paulie D is available and would he bring a decent middle innings reliever or spot starter in return. Is he injured?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals are the favorites for Frankie Montas?

Buster Olney

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I’d target Clarke Kent, er-uh, Clarke Schmidt and Ron Marinaccio for Harrison Bader. Feels like I overpaid.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry if already posted, but is there not a team that needs a shortstop. Paulie D is available and would he bring a decent middle innings reliever or spot starter in return. Is he injured?

The Angels could use a SS. Their infield is garbage.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d target Clarke Kent, er-uh, Clarke Schmidt and Ron Marinaccio for Harrison Bader. Feels like I overpaid.

Schmidt would be a very solid pickup. He is having a good year and has four years of control after this one. I would still trade O’Neill before Bader though.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals are the favorites for Frankie Montas?

This kinda scares me. I’ve said before I expect the asking price to be similar to Jose Berrios. Which is going to mean Burleson and Graceffo/McGreevy to get him and I don’t know that he’s worth that at all. I’d much rather make smaller traded getting rid of Nootbaar, Woodford, Sosa, and I know it’s not popular opinion to sell low on O’Neill but I’d do it. Actually I said in the off season I would have sold high on him, but that doesn’t matter now.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree completely cards667.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Montas pulled from his start today with shoulder inflammation after 1 inning….velocity down 3 MPH

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Just getting ready to post that. Saw he left after an inning with shoulder tightness and headed for MRI.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Alright, going way outside the box here.

DeJong and a low level minor leaguer to Washington for Patrick Corbin and $45.916 million (paid out 8 this year, 15 in 2023, 22.916 in 2024). Cardinals owe DeJong about $3.083 remaining this year, Corbin is owed about 11.708, the $8 about evens it out. Then 2023 DeJong is owed $9.166 and Corbin $24.416, so Washington pays $15 of it to even it out. Then 2024 DeJong has a $12.5 option, but more likely a $3 buy out of 2024 and 2025. Corbin is owed $35.416. Washington pays $22.914 of it, plus the $3 buyout of DeJong and they still save $9.5 and the Cardinals are only on the hook for what is essentially the cost of picking up DeJong’s option. If DeJong does turn it around and they pick up the $12.5 option then again it’s evened out with money.

Corbin hasn’t been the same after 2019, but he’s still only 32, his velocity is still remaining at 92 where it’s been, his ground ball % is still good, and his FIP is 4.73 and xFIP is 4.14 this year, meaning he’s had some bad luck and bad defense behind him. The real concern is the BB% has gone up, but not astounding.

I don’t know that it’s worth it or if they need more, or even makes sense at all. But it moves DeJong and he’s a veteran who can eat innings and is along the lines of adding Lester and Happ last year. If the Cardinals defense is really #1 in the MLB by the margin its claimed to be it can only help a guy who’s stats show he’s been a victim of a lot of bad luck.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Out of curiosity I put this into the baseball trade values thing and even with just DeJong for Corbin and $45.92 million is says the Nationals are getting about a $6 million advantage.
    I don’t know. Maybe there’s something here, maybe not. Just looking for a way to add SP without having to include Burleson, Herrera, Donovan, Winn, Graceffo, McGreevy so on and so on.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I said this a month or so ago, but the Angels desperately need middle infield help if they plan to contend this year or next before Ohtani is a FA they need to act. DeJong would actually be an upgraded bat for them even though he isn’t for the Cardinals. For roster space, Sosa would be as well. They don’t have any major league BP or starter arms to spare, but a prospect back for DeJong would clear a roster spot and save the Cardinals a little money. They HAVE to add a top level starter in the offseason and extra payroll space will be needed since: “There is no money in owning a baseball team” -Dewallet

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If our front office takes on a pitcher who had to leave a game because of shoulder stiffness, and then is sent to get an MRI, I will have completely lost faith in our front office.

Castillo was lights out the last time we saw him.

Trade Bader. Yikes! Currently holds GG. 16 HR in 2021. His OPS is down so far this year, but for 2020 and 2019, his OPS was close to .800. And then there are those highlight reel plays. I know some fans look at him as ego driven, or something like that, but for this fan, he’s just fun to watch. I think the Cardinals will extend him and it will take big money to do it.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Yeah Bader is massively underrated and doesn’t get near enough credit. Look around the league at CF play. He gets way too much undeserved hate.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

When Bader is included in trade proposals, it’s a compliment, because his trade value is high. I don’t think you’d get much building a trade around McFarland and VerHagen.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I feel you guys are crazy the way you are willing to include Bader in deals. He is the exact guy we would be targetting if he was gone.

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years