Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 2,234 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To be diplomatic, we don’t know what the asking prices were. I can only imagine they were astronomical.

Having said that if we miss out on the playoffs again after basically standing pat there will be tremendous heat on the front office. I guess Mo is just planning to blame it all on Girsch.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

there were several relievers moved…several LHRPs moved too…we can see what the costs of those were…we could have easily matched up at least with a couple of them

the Nationals added multiple relievers…for not much..Elias even, a guy who had control and fit the role we want
    Diekman was totally getable
    Romo was getable even as a righty would have been useful and
    Pomeranz was getable

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Cingrani will not pitch again in 2019 and is a FA at the end of the year FYI

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So last year Mo got rid of Voit, Pham, and Mercado before the trade deadlines. This year, it’s just Gyorko. Quit complaining people, Mo is getting better at this!

To be fair, as bad as I think Mo is, there might not have been a significant deal to be made that was fair. But him doing next to nothing when the team needs a mid-season boost in some obviously deficient areas should not come as a surprise to anybody.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jager, I agree they could have easily stepped up and gotten a better addition to the bullpen than Rosscup, Mejia, and the injured Cingrani. Those guys are classic dumpster dives. I would have been happy with Elias.

But the asking prices for guys like Greinke, Bumgarner, Wheeler, Minor, Ray, Thor, Smith, Watson, etc….must have been too steep. I just hope it doesn’t cost us the division.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Elias was not expensive in prospects at all, and has been productive for SEA and has plenty of control

it woudlnt have been MUCH of an improvement but there was plenty ways to upgrade the team

ifall they did was zero in one 1 or 2 options and stared the other team down until the end…then they are not doing their job

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

EVERYONE we are competing with got better…we are the only one’s who didnt do anything

saying something couldn’t be done is total BS

We didnt HAVE to have a premiere starter to help with the rotation…we didnt need Will Smith to solve our need in the pen from the left side…we didnt need Mike Trout to improve CF

we didnt even need a good farm system from what we saw go down

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So last year Mo got rid of Voit, Pham, and Mercado before the trade deadlines. This year, it’s just Gyorko. Quit complaining people, Mo is getting better at this!

Based on this year’s returns, if we had traded Pham now we would have gotten a top 20 prospect. Last year was an awful deadline and this year was an incredible one for sellers.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I would just add that it’s not all about the market. The market is one thing, and individual traders are another. Savvy traders exploit weaknesses in poor traders. If you are hell bent on making a move for other than performance reasons, you will be exploited.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jenifer left off Adalberto Mejia for 2019

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Hopefully if they don’t make the playoffs they all will be fired at the end of the year…..the Gyorko trade makes zero since. Plus you can’t tell me an additional bat wouldn’t have helped a team that’s scored 6 runs in the last 3 games and struggled to score most of the season.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am disappointed nothing was done. Granted, the price was very high. Sometimes I think the FO is of a mind to hold on to every prospect we have, and hesitant to trade. The Cubs at the trade deadlines the last few years have managed to beef up their team (Although Castellanos might only come in handy if injuries occur), while we have sat on our hands and traded for prospects. The Cole Hamels trade last year, IMO gave them a needed boost, especially since they can’t seem to produce pitching from their system.

And this actually goes back further to our drafts where we have not developed any left handed pitchers, Austin Gomber, who is injured. I always have thought we should have sprinkled in a few lefties instead of a 5th year college senior who is a $$$ saver.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We are still stuck with the goofball Jose Martinez and his goofiness. Surely we could have gotten a sack of potatoes or a basket of Georgia peaches for him.

mspaid
    Participant

Free

Kids:

I could have told you they weren’t going to do anything. All you had to do was to listen Mo when he spoke a few weeks ago and said they had made some trades in the past that didn’t work out and they had made trades just for the sake of making trades. You have to understand Mo speak. Junior sent him out to get the fans ready for no significant action at the deadline. He said it plainly…you should have seen that. Now, any other team in baseball that wants to make an impact deal can but for some reason the Cardinals are unable to do that. Many Cardinal fans are just stupid enough to believe Mo when he puts out his BS. When Mo says they were unable to match up with another team it means they never tried because they never intended to try because Junior said I’m not spending any of my money so forget it. As it happens they are right there in the thick of things and the Cubs and Brewers are as bad as the Cardinals so, we might sneak in the playoffs. Good luck to them.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

well I take my hat off to the astros. they went for a championship, it might not work out but their fans will respect their effort. the cardinals do what they do, just sit back and hope. I don’t know if there was any chance for anything major but we will never know I guess. getting rid of gyorko was just a simple baseball move, its obvious they were done with him. it would be nice to see the cardinals be one of those teams that goes out and tries to get things done for once. hanging onto guys doesnt work out a lot of the time. but making a deal just to make a deal isn’t good either. for a team that’s worth a lot of money, kit just seems to becoming a trend.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

A good under the radar trade was the Twins picking up Dyson from the giants for there bullpen, was hoping the cardinals might look at him w/ Gant looking a little tired

One thing I would certainly do is DFA Mayer’s and see what Junior Fernandez could bring to the table

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I agree on Fernandez.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Years ago I used to love watching the TV show Laugh In. That went away but reading this thread on trade deadline day has been a great substitute. I have never laughed so much. Nuff said.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

By not dealing Montero, Thompson, Oneil, and Fernandez for Grienke (a guy who hates the Cardinals), we are left with Wacha. That is basically what the Astros gave up.
    Wacha was looking like a repeat all star before going down with injury last year. He is healthy and poised for a great finish with his inning total what it is.
    We could have used Hand or Wil Smith, but every other arm traded today pales to Carlos, Giovanni, Brebia, and others we have.
    Disappointing? Yes. Incompetent? Not hardly.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

This was disappointing, but all the trolls and chicken little need to chill. Perhaps we should appreciate the incredible depth and internal options the next two months will reveal.
    I am not high on giving up all Wacha’s remaining value. I am interested in Reyes, Gomber, Woodford, Cabrerra, and Helsley’s potential which would have been negated completely.
    Junior Fernandez or goofy Mark Melancon. Who are you more excited to see in mid-September?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree that Fernandez could give us a boost but relying on someone who has never been in the big leagues seems risky.

I expecting the FO to say that getting Ozuna, Molina, and Carp back is just like a trade.

I just hope the clubhouse isn’t deflated in case they had expectations of a trade boost.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It doesn’t always take a lot of time to put a big deal together, just the desire.

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 2,234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years