Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 2,234 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Yankees’ prospects in discussion probably weren’t that high or quick to help, but yes, standing pat is the best the best option if the sellers are going to be unrealistic.

And I say that fully believing the Cards aren’t a serious playoff threat without adding to the rotation. Don’t significantly handicap the future for a moderate upgrade today that doesn’t push you over the hump anyway.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s an odd trade. Another former Cardinal to the Dbacks.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this stage, how about Gyorko for POmeranz?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I want
    -Wong to OAK for Jefferies, Howard, Dunshee
    -Wacha and J. Martinez to HOU for Joshua Rojas, Johnathan Arauz, ?
    -Mayers and Warner to KC for Duffy
    -Sosa, A. Garcia, Montero, Herrera, Oviedo to DET for Boyd
    – low level guys to MIA for Rojas

Edman 2B
    Carpenter 3B (hopefully)
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Ozuna LF
    DeJong SS
    O’Neill RF
    Molina C
    Fowler CF

Rojas, Munoz, Thomas, Wieters

Mikolas, Flaherty, Boyd, Wainwright, Hudson

Poncedeleon, Helsley, Brebbia, Duffy, Gant, Miller, Gallegos, Martinez

I don’t know that I fully agree with everything I typed, but I’m not a Wong fan and hate Jose floundering around in the OF. I’d love to see another solid starter and view Montero redundant with Gorman and there are questions about sticking around at 3B too. I just threw some names together for the most part but I would love Danny Duffy. I think hes a LH Wade Davis. Mediocre SP but dominant RP. I think he could be filthy. I only say Mayers and Warner for him because of the huge contrat KC said they don’t want to pay down, but it’s only a commitment through next season even if it is 15 million. Hopefully Bader can rebound and take the 8 spot and CF back too.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

well thats not going to happen with an hour left

the only possible starters left that would be of much help are …Ray, Minor, Boyd and maybe wheeler it sounds like

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, lots of trades, Cards667. I like pretty much all of them except the Boyd trade. Montero and Herrera is a huge outlay for a guy who’s only had one good year (and who is tailing off this year as well).

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was hoping at least for a second lefty that’s pretty good.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the prices that below mediocre players like Pomeranz are fetching, I can’t really see why the Cards would hold onto Wacha at this point. Gyorko either.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, the Brewers gave up a lot for 2 relievers. And Pomeranz can walk after this season. I was dissapointed we didn’t get Pomeranz, but now I am not. Funny thing is article said Pomeranz and Ray. I thought they meant starting pitcher Ray, but indeed it is hard throwing Ray Black instead. Funny.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could be a big trade

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It makes sense that the Giants don’t want to trade Bumgarner unless they can get a huge overpay for him. After all, they are in the running for a playoff spot. It also makes sense that the Cardinals would not give up some of their most promising talent for a starting pitcher or a relief pitcher that is not worth the asking price. As the Cardinal’s roster stands now, they are as good as the Brewers or the Cubs.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I don’t know that I’m sold on Boyd, but I heard Smoltz talking about him and he sold me. Smoltz loves him. Not saying he’s right or wrong, but I’ll trust him I guess. I like Gorman more than Montero and they are a level apart. Knizner looks like he can be thr everyday C. Meaning Herrera’s value might never be higher than it is now. So if package them together gets a controllable SP I’d do it. Sosa is out of options and needs a chance and still ranks higher as a prospect. Oviedo will have to be on the 40 man next season but high upside. Which is why I liked Joshua Rojas from HOU. LH AAA utility guy who will have options to go back and forth. Get pitching depth from OAK for Wong. Jefferies has the most upside Dunshee,Howard(MO guy) both are back of rotation types but much better depth than what’s in AA and AAA right now.
    That’s kinda how I came up with some of these names and my thinking. I don’t expect any of it to happen but I’d kinda “reimagine” this roster if I was making the decisions.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So far, just about every contender has done something. The Cubs and Cards have probably done the least of anyone.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs have payroll issues as an excuse. If the Cardinals do nothing I can only imagine it is because of the huge asking prices.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

I will go with if/when the Card’s don’t make a significant move it is because their FO is to stupid to do so.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I’m starting to wonder just how much payroll the cardinals can add, ownership seems pretty skint

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would have supported a fair trade even if it would have meant giving up one of our top prospects or more.
    But I hate….I absolutely hate getting fleeced because our GM is afraid to take the heat for not making any trade at all. I also hate losing seasons, and that’s where we would be headed if we trashed our farm system for a quick fix that doesn’t really fix anything anyway.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They also got Aaron Sanchez.

Cubs get…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dan O’Dowd needs to see a doctor. Sounds like he’s shook up pretty bad.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t believe they couldn’t find one way to make the team better.

Isnt this their job?

no offense? we like our own guys better than what is out there…
    no starting pitcher…everything is too expensive…
    no left hand reliever…here are some castoffs and throwaways…but we will keep looking..nothing available…

you have to walk away from this deadline with fixing one of our big needs…and they came away with ZERO

unless there is some magical last second deal that hasnt been announced

All our main competitors for the Wild Card and Division’s GMs found a way to improve their clubs despite all the same or worse limitations that our Gm had

Cubs found a way to get better without a farm system
    Nationals found a way to get better with an even worse farm than the Cubs
    Milwaukee got better
    even Arizona didnt get much worse despite selling Greinke
    and Cincinnati and NYM too for that matter

Also competition for NL pennant got better too as Dodgers and Braves improved

Only we sit and have to hear nothing could be done while everyone around us got better…

I like Mo and Girsch…but this is an utter failure…we have obvious areas where we could be improved…several of them…and NOTHING got done…

whatever BS talking points they throw out are absolute garbage…you can’t say nothing could happen if everyone else found a way despite all their limitations to get better

on top of this..we get Cingrani a LHRP with flaws and a minor leaguer back from the Dodgers…and while i expected to have to pay some money…having to ALSO add in international money…this is just bad…if we arent going to draft high and we arent going to make trades.l..dont we NEED all the international money we can get to sign outside of the US systems?

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 2,234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years