Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 2,234 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Gomber, Cabrera and Bader got those guys back I’d make that deal in 1/10 of a second. That sounds like a very light deal for a very good potential return.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Can’t imagine why another team would want to acquire a pitcher who has been out for months with a shoulder problem (Gomber), but I guess it was just an example. Not a very well thought out one, IMO…

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just exactly how good is Arozarena? Is he another one of our “Cant Miss” prospects that doesn’t seem to make it?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

if that is all it took for Wheeler and DIaz id do it…i liek Bader, but all that control of Diaz + Wheeler even if just for a rental would be pretty good

I only go rental if we are willing to do what it takes to get Cole in the offseason…which i doubt…

Id be in on Diaz without Wheeler though too…then focus on snagging Caleb, or Boyd, Minor, Duffy, or maybe Ray…the more control the better

I may have mentioned it before but why not go and get get Dee Gordon for the stretch run…The M’s def want to move him, and because of his untimely injury he may come a bit cheaper…he isnt super cheap BUT he is a true leadoff and can play CF or 2b…he is getting up there in age but he hasnt really slowed down all that much

Diaz for Bader + Genesis
    Caleb Smith for Montero + Thorres + Seijas
    Dee Gordon for Ad Garcia + Nootbaar
    Wacha for lottery ticket from MIN (or if i could get what i want, add a little bit and get Astudillo)

Smith, Jack, Mik, Hud, Waino
    Gordon, Fowler, Goldy, Ozuna, DeJong, Yadi, Wong, Edman
    Wieters, Munoz, Oneill, JMart
    Diaz, CMart, Miller, Gallegos, Brebbia, Gant, Webb, JFernandez

Smith, Jack, Mik, Hud, Reyes
    Gordon, Fowler, Goldy, DeJong, ONeill, Yadi, Wong, Edman
    Carp, Knizner, Astudillo, Munoz, JMart…………Randy, Carlson
    Diaz, Cmart, Miller, Will Smith(FA), Gallegos, Brebbia, Gant, JFernandez

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What could a Syndergaard trade look like? Hudson, or Flaherty and Garcia, or Arozarena? I’m guessing that isn’t enough.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Why would you give up Hudson or Flaherty for Syndergaard?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We lack an ace. Syndergaard is one, I hate giving up control years but Hudson or Flaherty seem like a 2, or solid 3 starter.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Both Flaherty and Hudson have a better ERA than Syndergaard this year and Flaherty has more SO’s.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Jacob DeGrom is an ace but Syndergaard is not.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would have thought that the two big trade acquisitions would be by the also ran Mets and Reds while all the actual contenders sit on their hands? Geez.

And Puig is massively overvalued as usual.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

To put the Bauer trade into Cardinals context, the Reds gave up Marcell Ozuna, Nolan Gorman and Genesis Cabrera for him.

Like Puig, Ozuna will be a free agent at the end of the season and Gorman is MLB Pipeline’s no. 31 prospect. The prospect the Reds gave up, OF Taylor Trammell, is no. 30. (The Reds also lose the chance to get a draft pick by making Puig a qualifying offer this winter.)

The Reds also gave up their no. 12 prospect, a lefty named Scott Moss. Closest Cardinal lefty to that would be Cabrera (MLB Pipeline no. 11 on the Cards).

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Randy Arozarena is Bernard Gilkey. Their stances and styles look identical down to how Randy moves as he throws the ball in.
    Patience might really pay off. We played Bernard as soon as he showed a glimmer of hope.
    We have Puig right now in Memphis with 23 home runs and an elevated K rate to temper the love.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Puig and Bauer are both clubhouse cancers

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Girardi said he thinks the Reds will flip Bauer.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d keep Bauer if I were them, I’d trade him next season before the deadline.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re down to just over 3 hours from the deadline. Will the Cards make a move? Will anyone make a move? Hopefully we start to see some action soon.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

25….No Mo is Mo.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I just spent about 30-45 min scouring every site out there, and the Cards have been linked to literally no one at all that I found. Usually there is at least some “showing interest” or “in discussion” type news, rumors, etc. BUT, there is nothing, finally in first place at this point in the season with a real shot, and they aren’t linked to anyone. Sad is the only word that comes to mind…..

The last mlbtraderumors mention of the Cards is the Gyorko trade, from early last night.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Nats just picked up Daniel Hudson and Roenis Elias for their horrible bullpen.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Tucker is the asking price for Bumgarner, no wonder he’s not going to be traded. People are expecting insane returns this deadline.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Brewers have struck. Dubon is their #3 prospect and had a .809 OPS this year in the PCL as a SS.

Edit:

So…Smith? Watson? Shark?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pomeranz to Brewers

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s…not as significant as I expected. Not sure how good this guy going to San Fran is but it’s not exactly a game changer. Chicago picked up utilityman Tony Kemp from Houston earlier (I think he had been DFA’ed?). Will the Cards make any move?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While I want the Cards to make a move, I just can’t see it occurring if this is what teams are asking for. This is like asking for O’Neill plus three more guys for a year and two months of a solid but not elite pitcher.

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 2,234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years