Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,442 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Brian. It is difficult to justify giving up too many pieces just to try to get into a one game wild card game.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No matter what happens, some segment of the fan base will be upset. Every player traded should have gone to the Cards. If they do nothing, they will be accused of sitting on their hands. If they do trade, it will be the wrong guys. Impossible to please everyone.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mike Leake has a perfect game through six innings tonight….just saying

Participant

Paid - Annual

Leake is perfect through seven. Regardless of the outcome I would say his trade value increased tonight. Dipoto is on the phone with someone no doubt.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Leake is perfect through 8.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Settles for the complete game shutout.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mozeliak will wisely pass on Stroman. He has already been burned by bringing in high-priced prima-donnas and trouble makers. He won’t be fooled again…. I hope he has learned his lesson.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A proven CF on the market… Albeit one who makes $21 million per year and is the same age as Fowler (33).

BeopigBeopig
    Participant

Free

Almost deadline time and all is quiet. Quiet before the storm, or just too much parity?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Tony Watson going to be available? He might be the guy that the FO is targeting if he is.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A more generic question is this – Are the Giants going to trade anyone?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Magical things are happening in the Bay area. They should stay pat but who knows. Watson is at 3.5million this season and has an option at 2.5 for 2020. He’s not a young man and the FO may be gun shy because he’s 35.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Giants could try to thread the needle by buying and selling at the same time. Farhan Zaidi is in an interesting position, one in which he didn’t figure to be in.

Participant

Free

The Cardinals wouldn’t/shouldn’t pay the price for Will Smith unless they are going 100% all in and get MadBum too. Watson is the one I’ve been hoping for all along and he was likely on his way out until their recent hot streak. The lineup is finally producing so a LHRP and a innings eating starter would be the best places to upgrade. Any other ideas on who’s out there that is realistic if Watson (aka the Giants) isn’t available?

Secondly, what starter would make the start for a WC game or game one of a series? Every starter seems like a solid #3/#4 guy, but zero aces or close there to it. That needs to be the focus of the offseason.

Side note, I went to AT&T Park two summers ago, and that is a great place to watch a game. It was the Mets and Giants so we didn’t exactly care about the game and walked around most of the time, I highly recommend it even if the Cards aren’t there.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I posted this about two weeks ago but this is the guy I would go after. Forget the Giants. If we could get this guy plus Stroman we would be ready for the stretch run.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/mariners-trade-rumors-roenis-elias.html

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Elias and Watson are both interesting in that they won’t be super expensive, but both have pretty big reverse splits. I’d think we are looking for someone to shut down the Rizzos, Yeliches and Bellingers of the world to make and stay in the playoffs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Why would the Giants trade anyone now? They had a chance to sweep the Cubs, and are in the thick of the WC race. Granted, I don’t they are as good as their record. And it is unfortunate that they were our best trade matchup.

Participant

Free

Would anyone be interested in a package of Carpenter and Ozuna? I’d give up both gladly for a Minor, Stroman, or Blackmon. Someone may think Carp still has it.

I would be happy to go with J. Martinez, Munoz, O’Neil, Fowler, an Bader while leaving Edman at third.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Trade Carpenter and prospects for Greinke.

BeopigBeopig
    Participant

Free

I would love it if AZ would go for that

Participant

Paid - Annual

With him getting hot, Adolis Garcia ought to be a premium trade chip. Plus, room needs to be cleared in the Memphis outfield for Carlson next year.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would anyone be interested in a package of Carpenter and Ozuna? I’d give up both gladly for a Minor, Stroman, or Blackmon. Someone may think Carp still has it.

So 33 year old Carpenter is toast despite a career OPS+ of 127 and very consistent good results up until this season…yet 33 year old Charlie Blackmon (career 116 OPS+) is a good trade investment with his huge deal, putrid defense (he was a -28 fielder last year, although to be fair Coors is a tough place to play defense) and the Coors factor (1.318 OPS at home this year, .671 on the road, career 1.000 at Coors and .723 on the road)??

This throw away mentality is the reason we have a 4 WAR Tommy Pham playing elsewhere, amongst others that the fans give up on too quickly. Likewise why we have Dexter Fowler at $16 million a year for two more full seasons instead because it’s easy to get caught up in the shiny stats and miss important stuff like park and team.

To add, the only way I want Blackmon is if Fowler goes the other way and some salary relief comes with it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

What team in their right mind would take on Carpenter who is barely hitting above .200, can’t play defense ,and is still owed $40M? That isn’t happening.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am wondering about a Matt Boyd + Nick Ramirez (not a premiere lefty but would help)
    or
    Minor + Danny Santana (Santana isn’t old can play 2b/SS all 3 OF has decent wheels too) is having a pretty good year, and isn’t expensive. He may not be the big time name, but his cost might not be big time either, but his .300+ AVG and decent power (14HR) and speed (12SB) to go with his versatility could make him a really valuable piece for a stretch run and even going forward.
    or
    Robbie Ray + Peralta

then look at Elias, Diekman or maybe Adam Conley on the cheap (buy low…as he is having a poor year on a poor team, hes strikes me as a guy with all the tools in need of a change of scenery)

I wonder about a Diekman + Dee Gordon trade (i know Gordon is injured but i wonder if we coudl still snag him for a bit cheaper with Elias as a PTBNL once he is healed) Gordon seems a good leadoff guy for us who can move to 2b from CF if need be and the fans woudl love him and his style and personality

a LHRP
    an SP (preferably LH)
    and a leadoff man (CF probably and shoudl hit .275+ IMO)

There are options out there, it just depends on how much we are willing to give up.

I want no players (almost) that are rentals…no matter how good they are. MadBum, Smith, not interested. I dont mind salaried veterans with control as long as they arent TOO long…2 more years max probably

keep Knizner and Carlson

everything else is on the table depending on the player…i like Gorman but if he brought me back a great player and good control and salary for 4+ years then so be it

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years