Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 2,234 total)
  • Author
    Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Under the Radar LHRP — Francisco Liriano….wouldn’t think they would have to give up a lot for him

Think they also need to get rid of some guys on the 40 man, and add Junior Fernandez and Azorena to the big league club

Still think they need a bat (not sure Ozuna will be enough when/if healthy)

Another top starter would be great but not sure they have enough to make the trade unless they add Gorman or Carlson which they shouldn’t do

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well glad its Rainbow night in St Louis. Not really could care less. You know that the Hawaii football team symbol is rainbows too. Maybe Wong saw the rainbows and thought they were all with him? I’d want the Jersey anyway. So lookin at the game our competition has a high ERA
    I agree Flathery is better than his numbers.Hoping for some run support tonight. The team typically flops on first game back home. Lets focus on the game and not think about whats going on back at the house! Keep it going. Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the cardinals need to get a top line starter. I think its possible they can win the division without another one but im not positive. I definitely think we need another if we want to go deep in playoffs. I really like stroman with Toronto. might have to give up a lot but I feel he would be worth it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has anyone else had trouble with Cot’s lately? I have tried to access their site via desktop and mobile device lately and been denied each time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One LH reliever off the board.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was doing a little more digging on Robbie Ray. He’s always walked more than you’d like and he’s not exactly Mr Durable but the stuff has always been there. Another thing of note…he has been a much better pitcher on the road in his career. 4.73 ERA with a .789 OPS allowed at Chase Field and a 3.41 ERA and .677 OPS allowed away from the hitter’s park. For some reference, those numbers are not too dissimilar to Jon Lester’s while with the Cubs.

Point being…he could be a candidate to be pretty solid if he gets out of Arizona. If the trade wouldn’t cost us Gorman, Carlson or Montero I’d be fairly interested in making it.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I agree…again Minor or Ray would be my targets if I was the GM.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My targets would be Stroman or Greinke.

Also would be interested in Diaz from the Mets for the bullpen.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Greinke would be interesting, although he’s going to be very pricey in $$ terms. Stroman would probably play well with the Cards’ good IF defense and could cost about what Ray would in prospects.

The Mets supposedly want at least what they sent the Mariners for Diaz, which would mean saying goodbye to Gorman or Carlson. I don’t know if he’s worth that or that the Cards would do it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Three of the hottest hitting OF’s in all of the minors right now are Arozarena, Adolis-Garcia, and Thomas. Their trade value may never be higher. One of them plus Montero might fetch Diaz and he has many years of control left. He would allow us to put CMart back in the rotation next year while we wait on the return of Hicks.

You hit the nail on the head with Stroman. He is Dakota Hudson 2.0 only better. Our stout infield defense would be perfect for him.

Greinke is still an ace. He would elevate our entire rotation. The Dbacks would pay some of the contract down plus the Cardinals have indicated in the past that AAV doesn’t scare them away. They just don’t like long term deals with high AAV and Greinke only has two more years on his deal. He would fit.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Mets accepted that I’d probably be interested. I’m still loathe to give up Montero as I think he’ll be a Matt Carpenter level player at 3B (albeit with a lower OBP and similar average-ish defense) and having both he and Gorman can’t hurt. I still think the Mets would ask for Carlson or Gorman as a minimum after they gave up both Kelenic and Dunn, top 100 guys at the time, to get Diaz.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Oviedo trade bait?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Daydreaming before a Sunday day game…if the Cards wanted a more “all in” approach to the next couple of years, what if they went this way?

Trade Arozarena, D Perez and Oviedo for Robbie Ray (3.41 ERA career away from Chase).

Trade Wong for some salary relief/whatever prospects you can get.

Spend money on Cole in the off-season while you don’t resign Waino, Gyorko, Ozuna, etc. He probably costs upper $20Ms for 6+ years but he may well be another Scherzer.

Edwin Diaz of the Mets in the off-season. He’s been good everywhere but the results so far and is a candidate to become the dominant closer he was in Seattle again. I’m not sure what the Mets would be after. Maybe they’d have to move Carlson, maybe a starter like Hudson. I dunno. I’ll say Carlson is the headliner for this exercise and it costs you someone else like a Seijas and a lotto ticket.

Think about trading Cmart if you can get a decent return (which to me right now is a top 50-75ish guy and another piece). Saves $$ and with other moves he’s not a rotation necessity.

Lineup: C Yadi/Knizner, 1B Goldy, 2B Edman, SS Dejong, 3B Marp, LF O’Neill, CF Bader/Fowler, RF Fowler/Jmart

Bench: Munoz, Knizner, Jmart, Thomas/Carlson if not traded at some point.

Rotation: Cole, Mikolas, Ray, Flaherty, Hudson/Reyes if he ever gets it together.

Pen: Diaz, Gallegos, Gant, Brebbia, Ponce, Reyes, Miller, Fernandez, 9th reliever in 2020 (26 man expansion).

I think the pitching would be fantastic there and while the defense would remain pretty solid, the offense might be something like this year unless you get a Renaissance from Marp and O’Neill can tap into his power.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

That is too much for Ray.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Could be a reason Trevor Bauer may be traded…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, this makes about no sense.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Mets are serious about trading Wheeler or Syndergard.Unless Mets are thinking they can flip Stroman for a huge return.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kay is their #4 prospect and has had a good season at AA as a 24 year old LHP. Woods-Richardson, their second rounder last year is pitching at low A Columbia with good K rates and average everything else. He’s their #6 prospect.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

The Kay guy has been awful since his promotion to AAA near 7 ERA in 7 starts

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No two farm systems are the same but for reference, our Cards nos. 4 and 6 prospects are Knizner and Zack Thompson. High price to pay.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Regarding the Mets, am I the only one wondering why they prefer Stroman over Thor? Buyer beware.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Regarding the Mets, am I the only one wondering why they prefer Stroman over Thor? Buyer beware.

Yep, I agree. He’s not exactly been a picture of health in his career and he hasn’t been terribly effective of late either. I wouldn’t be very interested in him.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I agree…I did not want Stroman.

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 2,234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years