Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we going to 60? Seems like we ought to go above and beyond.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

C27, the plan is to go to 75 as long as we keep momentum.

Participant

Paid - Annual

45- Kramer Robertson
    46- Brendan Donovan
    47- Brady Whalen
    48- John Nogowski
    49- Anthony Shew

Participant

#45 – nogowski
    #46 – kruczynski
    #47 – escobar
    #48 – nootbaar
    #49 – capel

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My picks for this group:

45. Jeremy Rivas
    46. Evan Kruczynski
    47. Edgar Escobar
    48. LJ Jones IV
    49. Kramer Robertson. He could have some flexibility as a SS/2B but he will have to rise his on base skills to the big leagues as his power hasn’t really shown up. Still, there’s not a lot of guys in the upper minors who can play SS so he could have a shot.

Participant

Paid - Annual

45. LJ Jones IV
    46. Evan Kruczynski
    47. Dennis Ortega
    48. Jeremy Rivas
    49. Angel Cuenca

Participant

Paid - Three Months

45. Lars Nootbaar – Not much else to say. If he produces this year he inserts himself into the conversation for some OF at bats and maybe even the I-55 shuttle as a lefty off the bench. Otherwise he is likely to be passed over as a few other names start to climb the ranks.

46. Ginluca Dalatri – Not going to rehash my last post, but he’s got the good stuff already and I think he has a little more if he continues to develop and has some health. I’m buying in on Dalatri.

Pick your favorite lefty section:

47. Steven Gingery – Needs to actually pitch in the organization. He had good stuff in college and supposedly had the best Changeup in the draft. Could certainly still reach his upside as a backend starter, but with his injury history and need to accelerate his timetable it feels like he’s destined for the bullpen. You just have to hope the guy gets to finally pitch.

48. Evan Kruczynski – He had as much prospect juice as anybody in 2018 and then 2019 happened. Still has good stuff but got hit around at AA and AAA. Hopefully he turns it around in 2021. Feels like a good bet as a bounce back candidate.

49. Garrett Williams – Don’t know much about him, but seems like he has good stuff but needs to develop better control. Solid to great CB that needs a good FB to work with. Probably a CB heavy lefty out of the pen if he can’t better control his stuff and develop his CU.

Participant

Free

45.) Jones IV
    46.) Gingery
    47.) Robertson
    48.) Donovan
    49.) Whalen

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Voting has closed for the round of #45-49. The tally:

45. LJ Jones IV
    46. Evan Kruczynski
    47. Edgar Escobar
    48. John Nogowski
    49. Kramer Robertson

Voting is now open for #50-54. Voting will end at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT on December 19th.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

50 Scott Hurst : an adequate center fielder with occasional pop reaks of Milt Thompson. You could do worse.

51 Roel Ramirez Luckily I record the games and chose not to watch, so I can get beyond that inning.

52 Dennis Ortega: Dennis is backing up Kninzer on my PlayStation franchise. I am the conductor on this train. I believe he will jump into top thirty next year.

53 Brady Whalen: What if he came to camp weighing in at 220 and looking svelte? Kids do grow and an influx of muscle over two years could produce a switch-hitting Freddie Freeman.

54 Brendon Donovan: Chase Utley anyone? He could find the Hammonds warehouse a frequent target next year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

50- Williams
    51- Yasenka
    52- Ortega
    53- Statler
    54- Lunn

Participant

Paid - Three Months

50. Lars Nootbaar:
    2019: A: 128 wRC+ / 128 DRC+ .245/.344/.443 ISO: .198 BABIP: .239
    A+: 104 wRC+ / 124 DRC+ .275/.335/.338 ISO: .063 BABIP: .308
    AA: 101 wRC+ / 135 DRC+ .269/.373/.312 ISO: .043 BABIP: .347

Depending on how the STL OF shakes out he could start at AA or AAA this year. Interesting that his BABIP went up at each stop while his power numbers went down. DRC+ likes his season more than wRC+ though both saw him as a good hitter throughout the year. The DRC+ kind of makes sense given how it incorporates better pitchers for each league.

51. Gianluca Dalatri:
    UNC: 2017 97 innings / 7.9 K/9 / 1.8 BB/9 / 3.34 ERA
    2018 27 innings / 10.3K/9 / 2.3 BB/9 / 3.33 ERA (Hurt)
    2019 32 innings / 9.8 K/9 / 2.3 BB/9 / 2.25 ERA

He’s got good enough stuff to build an MLB starter profile on. I’m betting on his stuff ticking up a little to match his size and the health to allow it all to come together this year.

52. Steven Gingery: Drafted in 2018 and hasn’t pitched a full inning in the Cardinals organization yet. Has the stuff but may never have the health to put it all together. Everyone loves the changeup and has enough of a FB and CB to get by as a starter, but has to stay healthy at some point or he is going to run out of runway quickly as a college draftee.

53. Garrett Williams: Dominated early, struggled at AA in 2018. Pitched better in AA last year, though the peripheral stats didn’t seem to like it (DRA-: 107 for 7% worse than league average). Hoping he benefits from a change of scenery and philosophy and can develop some control/command for his Above Average FB and Plus to Plus Plus CB. Most likely a bullpen type if he can make incremental strides but if it all comes together he could be a rotation piece. Pretty good flyer for a lefty that may be able to develop into a mid rotation starter type.

54. Francisco Justo: Had a very good year for the JC Cards with a 72 DRA- for 28% better than league average. He has good stuff but doesn’t generate a ton of strikes out yet. Has the size and make up the organization likes. It will be telling what the organization does with him this year. If he gets a rotation spot on one of the full season teams, then he’s got a chance to continue, but will likely run out of time prospect wise if that doesn’t happen. I’m betting on him continuing as a starter, but if I’m being honest he could just as easily get pushed to the BP with all of the options and the reduction in rotation spots. At 22 yrs old, if he doesn’t come out firing early he could even be a roster casualty. Their are certainly a lot of guys ahead of him in the pecking order for a rotation spot.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

50. Donovan

51. Nootbaar

52. Yasenka

53. Ortega

54. Tyler Reichenborn

Participant

#50 – Nootbaar- has progressed nicely, #52 on the Community list last year. # 41 on BOTB list-Spring 2920. Also see Grenadier’s comments above^^^^. Just missed out on the 45-49 group.

#51 – Capel – 5th rd. pick by CLE in ’16. A little disappointing up until now… but good defense and great arm. Just needs to work on OBP. Breakout candidate in ’21. Ranked #31 on last year’s TCN list and # 40 on Community’s- #26 Baseball America Feb ’19.

#52 – Gingery – #29 on 2019 TCN poll. Spring ’19= #17 MLB. If he avoids injury problems he could move quickly IMO.

#53 – Cuenca – At 19 has impressed me at the lower rung of the organization. #61 on last years Community polling. On course to move up. I like this guy.

#54 – Yasenka – Pitched well at short season State College in ’19. #55 on last years’s Community vote.
    The well informed C-27 likes him at #51. I believe that he should be in this grouping.

Participant

Paid - Annual

50- Brendan Donovan
    51- Brady Whalen
    52- Anthony Shew
    53- Conner Capel
    54- Joerlin De Los Santos

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For me:

50. Jeremy Rivas. Still beating that drum. He could be rated highly as Gil if we get to see him play next year. Lord knows the Cards will need some middle infield help in the next few years, but Winn, Gil and Rivas give us some hope.

51. Lars Nootbar. What a name! I hope he makes it to the big leagues just for that 70 grade title. “Sir” Lars Nootbar has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? His walkup music could be something classical as the PA man announces “Now at the plate…Sir Laahs Nootbaah” (in a British accent, in my mind). Anyway, he’s part of that sort of hole with Toerner and Hurst and Capel that have a real chance to make their hay this year with the lack of upper minors OFers.

52. Diego Cordero. This kid put up solid numbers at Peoria and Palm Beach in 2019 (3.45 and 3.39 ERAs). Not big K numbers but didn’t walk a ton either. I voted him too late last year. Not making that mistake again.

53. Steven Gingery. Will this be the year he finally gets to pitch? He has the potential to be rated much higher than this, but he has to get healthy. Let’s hope he can be the next Marco Gonzales as a changeup artist who fools batters up the system and into MLB.

54. Angel Cuenca. I’ll get on the bandwagon finally. The 0.92 WHIP is impressive anywhere, and especially as a 17 year old in the Dominican (albeit in his second year there). At 6’1, 160 he’ll need to add a bit of muscle but maybe he’s the next Rondon in a couple of years. You’ve got to like the start (63 IP and 60 Ks last year).

Participant

Paid - Annual

50. Anthony “Ah” Shew
    51. Lars “Nutty” Nootbaar
    52. Brady “Humpback” Whalen
    53. David “Peach Tree” Vinsky
    54. Dennis “Lumpy” Ortega.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

5 hours to go in the voting! Just as an FYI, I’ve got a family commitment today so I will not be able to update til later this evening.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Voting for #50-54 has closed. The tally:

50. Lars Nootbar
    51. Brendan Donovan
    52. Brady Whalen
    53. Dennis Ortega
    54. Anthony Shew

Voting for #55-59 is now open. Voting will close at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT on Dec 22.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

55. Yasenka

56. Capel

57. Tyler Reichenborn

58. Darlin Moquette

59. G. Williams

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Finally a Tyler Reichenborn sighting.

Participant

Paid - Annual

55- Williams
    56- Yasenka
    57- Statler
    58- Lunn
    59- Reichenborn

Participant

Paid - Annual

55- Conner Capel
    56- Joerlin De Los Santos
    57- Irving Lopez
    58- Donivan Williams
    59- Nick Dunn

Participant

Paid - Annual

Any chance Hector Soto is on anyone’s radar around here? I haven’t seen any video, but stat-wise he looks a lot like Angel Rondon before he broke out. Soto was one of the guys I thought would get more attention in full season ball if there was a 2020 milb season.

Just a side note, he is struggling in the Mexican Winter League as of now, but this is the only stop he has ever struggled with walks, and probably the most advanced competition he’s faced yet.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Irving Lopez could be in the Lou as soon as next year. I don’t even really believe in his game at all, but he could walk and slug enough to be viable short-term if Edman got injured in the spring.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years